Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th October 2022, 12:07   #121  |  Link
candela
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by demomode View Post
How do I extract BD+ tables? I tried BlurayTest&Decrypt but isn't working.
it "doesn't work" is not really useful info, what exactly doesn't work. Note that BT&D and libbdplus use different filenames for the tables. Can you post the DiscID? The table probably already exists in the archive (but the filename is the MediaKey)
candela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2022, 20:47   #122  |  Link
elsanto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 1
First of all thank you very much to candela and all the other people on doom9 that have made possible to watch blu-rays "featuring" BD+ using free software.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BalooDP View Post
Previously there was a post in this thread with instructions on how to get BD+ disc playback working on the fly decryption on Debian based Linux distros. The post contained instructions on how to build the libbdplus library because the one in the repo wasnt sufficient. It also contained a pre built version which I used with success on my Pop OS distro for a little while, but it has stopped working. Has anyone had success in using libbdplus in the Ubuntu/Debian repos or their own build to decrypt and playback libbdplus discs on the fly again in Ubuntu 22.10 and higher distros?
I remember that post, but it is not here anymore. I red it some time ago, and followed that instructions when I was using Debian 10, some time ago.
I recently upgrade to Debian 11 (bullseye) and had to setup all this again. This is what I did. I hope it works for you:

For libaacs, I built 0.11.1 release from Debian 12 (bookworm) source repository:

As root user:
  • I added a line like "deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ bookworm main" to /etc/apt/sources.list
  • I updated the package indexes: "apt update"
  • I installed some dependencies: "apt install dpkg-dev pkg-config" . pkg-config is a dependency for libbdplus.
  • I installed dependencies for building libaacs : "apt build-dep libaacs"

As an ordinary (not-privileged) user:
  • I got sources for libaacs 0.11.1 and built the deb packages: "apt source --compile libaacs"

After that I had three deb files:
  • libaacs-dev_0.11.1-1_amd64.deb
  • libaacs0_0.11.1-1_amd64.deb
  • libaacs0-dbgsym_0.11.1-1_amd64.deb

I installed the first two running as root the following commmand:
  • apt install ./libaacs-dev_0.11.1-1_amd64.deb ./libaacs0_0.11.1-1_amd64.deb

I needed to install dev package because is necessary for libbdplus building.

For libbdplus, i tried with 0.2.0 release from Debian 12 (bookworm), that according to changelog supports cached conversion tables, but it didn't worked.
The artifacts with BD+ discs are still there.

I couldn't successfully apply the patch included in 2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z link from the first candela's post over libbdplus 0.1.2 source. I needed to download libbdplus source as it was on 2020_07_26.
You can browse the history of the code at: https://code.videolan.org/videolan/l.../commits/0.2.0
The last commit before 2020_07_26 is e98c143cbd33c3c6b0c67690dec31c7772e133d2.
You can check that code at: https://code.videolan.org/videolan/l...c31c7772e133d2
The tarball for the libbdplus at that temporal point can be downloaded from: https://code.videolan.org/videolan/l...2e133d2.tar.gz

This is what I did to get a proper working libbdplus library:

As a normal (non privileged) user:

I got the code:
I extracted the tarball:
  • tar -xvzf libbdplus-e98c143cbd33c3c6b0c67690dec31c7772e133d2.tar.gz
I changed working directory to the just created directory:
  • cd libbdplus-e98c143cbd33c3c6b0c67690dec31c7772e133d2

Tha candela patch can be applied cleanly over this tree.

I downloaded the candela 2020-07-26_libaacs_libbdplus.7z file from first post, and extracted the candela patch: libbdplus-0001-Use-cached-conversion-tables.patch

I applied the patch. In this example the patch was in my $HOME directory (~):
  • patch -p1 -i ~/libbdplus-0001-Use-cached-conversion-tables.patch

The patch applied successfully.

Then I compiled the patched libbdplus library:
  • ./bootstrap
  • ./configure
  • make
And then, as root, I installed libbdplus library:
  • make install

This setup works for me. I hope it can be helpful to others.

Of course, I needed to put a proper KEYDB.cfg file in ~/.config/aacs and convtab files in ~/.cache/libbdplus/convtab. This is well explained over the thread.
elsanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.