Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th September 2021, 13:04   #11  |  Link
Dogway

Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
Code:
#ex_boxblur(5,mode="mean")
Dither_convert_8_to_16().Dither_box_filter16(5).DitherPost()
but I can see that they are not similar
They are the same, the only difference is that Dither_box_filter16 is frequency domain based so it's faster for higher sigma, when above 5 in ex_boxblur().
Code:
a=Dither_convert_8_to_16().Dither_box_filter16(5).DitherPost()
ex_boxblur(4,mode="mean")
ex_makediff(a, aug=true, UV=128)
So if the question is if we need a DFT box filter, probably the answer is yes, same with binomial blur. Of course with HBD support and asymmetric blur option. I would also vouch for porting CTM (Constant Time Median) from VapourSynth, so doing a 5x5 or 7x7 median isn't as slow as it is now.

ex_bilateral() gives same output as vsTBilateral(), speed is similar as well. Dither_bilateral16() employs shortcuts to speed up the process but in my opinion the output doesn't look nice.

Excerpt from docs.
Quote:
"Actually, this implementation is an approximation of a bilateral filter, like many other image processing tools do. The spatial weighting is not a gaussian curve but a box, and the value weighting is a trapezoid."
Thanks for LimitFilter link, I will have a look when I got time, I've been busy porting *.mp4 sharpeners

Tags
avisynth, dogway, filters, hbd, packs