Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th June 2006, 19:36   #201  |  Link
mpucoder

Right. Nowhere did I say that a change in VobID means a non-seamless joint. Vobs can be joined either seamlessly or not, it is a multiplexer option.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2006, 22:01   #202  |  Link
jm1647

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
When a long operation is in progress, the status bar displays a progress indicator.
I found out why I did not see the status bar when I blanked cells using the trace preview mode the other day.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I use 800x600mode all the time (I ain't got the best eyes in the world ) When in trace mode the status bar at the bottom left corner is covered by buttons for the trace mode. When I got down my blanking cells I left the program in trace mode and the status bar is covered up by the trace buttons when it is doing the time map calculationa and stuff.
I tried blanking cells today and when I was done I exited trace mode, and was able to see the status bar doing it's thing. I think i got it now...Thanks!!!
jm1647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2006, 22:15   #203  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Right. There is an option to remove the toolbar and statusbar in trace mode. I don't use it, and I forgot that. Anyway, in the next version, you will not be able to save twice at the same time.

@mpucoder:
Of course, you're right (again .) Another good reason to leave the PgcEdit seamless layer break option as it is now.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2006, 01:17   #204  |  Link
jm1647

Quote:
Right. There is an option to remove the toolbar and statusbar in trace mode. I don't use it, and I forgot that. Anyway, in the next version, you will not be able to save twice at the same time.
I must have clicked the option to hide it in an earlier version to see what it did. When it's unclicked and you click it it does nothing until the next time you start PgcEdit. But when it is clicked and you unclick it it works right away. It is unclicked now. Thanks!
jm1647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2006, 06:02   #205  |  Link
rpboy

Quote:
I did it just now, and it works fine.
It works exactly like before. Could you try with another DVD?
Not working for me at all. I've tried 6 different DVDs and they all do the same thing. I even let it sit for a few minutes after clicking OK to see if it would do it after a delay and it doesn't.

Quote:
The function can fail if the VOB files are desynchrinized (not matching the IFOs.) But an error message should be displayed in this case.
Hmm, no error message appears. And the same DVD works fine in v7.0.

Quote:
Note: I don't understand why you create a new VOB cell with the Assign V/CID function. With this function, a cell is added in the VOB file, but no new cell is created in the PGC. If you want to replace the cell with VobBlanker, you can probably replace the original cell directly. To create a new cell in a PGC, you should use the Create New Cell button.
Anyway, both functions work equally well.
I have a VTS that has several titles in them. I only want to blank out one title. That's why I did it the way I was doing it.

I'm not using any other software, like VobBlanker. I'm just interested in blanking some warnings and ads on the disc, but can't "Blank out all VTST Titles" since there are titles I want to keep.

If there's another way to do it, I'm open to another way. I just find it odd that v7.0 works fine on these DVDs, yet v7.1.2 is not working at all in that same operation.
rpboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2006, 10:33   #206  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The other way of doing this is with the preview in trace mode. Though the method is essentially identical, there are some differences. In particular, the GUI is very different. So, try it, it might work in your case. (And, please, report the result.)

Could you download v7.1.2 again, reinstall it, and repeat the tests? Maybe there is something wrong in your copy.

Also, if someone has used the Remap Vob/Cell ID function with v7.1.2, I'm interested to hear if he has experienced the same problem.

[EDIT:] Forget this post, and see the next one!

Last edited by r0lZ; 7th June 2006 at 10:55.
Old 7th June 2006, 10:54   #207  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Sorry, rpboy, I was wrong. I've found the problem!

The version I use here (not embedded in a standalone executable) doesn't exhibit the problem, so it was impossible for me to understand your problem. But the standalone exe has the problem. I have already fixed it, and I'll release an update soon.

Note that the blanking via the preview in trace mode should work fine.

Sorry again, and thanks for the bug report!
Old 8th June 2006, 09:08   #208  |  Link
rpboy

Quote:
Sorry, rpboy, I was wrong. I've found the problem!

Sorry again, and thanks for the bug report!
Great! Look forward to getting the newer version.
rpboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 16:02   #209  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

@President & r0lZ

I have often thought the time when a Pre/Post KillPlayback could fail would be if there were the full 128 commands. Now they can fill them up with junk and make this more difficult. Yet to be seen here.

But that is indeed one way to break the kill playback methodology. However, we would then simply return to the old methods - fixing the entry sector to be the last sector of the PGC.

I think not to worry for now.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2006, 20:03   #210  |  Link
xbill

I had to reinstall win.xp,had pgc with a wizzerd,and didn't have it backed up! any one have a link to this?it was a big help to me,as iam just learning how to do this.Thanks for any help on this.
xbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2006, 20:59   #211  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

Look at kill across in blutach signature
Old 10th June 2006, 21:48   #212  |  Link
l3ullseye

I think i found a small bug in PGCedit 7.1.2, when in PGCeditor when i try to blank a skiped menu i use Create a new blank VOB Cell, and when i press ok nothing happends, i had to use PGCedit 6.3.1 to do this.

I hope this helps...

l3ullseye
Old 10th June 2006, 23:26   #213  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, this bug has already been reported here, by rpboy, and is fixed now. Thanks anyway.

I will release a new version soon...
Old 12th June 2006, 07:36   #214  |  Link
erdoke
Custom User Title

r0lZ,

One of my friends sent me this screenshot with a possible bug, introduced in 7.0. SCREENSHOT
He told me that all virtual commands were deleted and he just started to add new commands. A couple of GPRM setting commands were added when he checked the GPRM count with "Find Unused GPRMs". Unfortunately PgcEdit reports the initial state of GPRMs instead of the new count. It is the same after restarting PgcEdit and rebooting the PC as well.
Old 12th June 2006, 08:43   #215  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdoke
It is the same after restarting PgcEdit and rebooting the PC as well.
That's totally impossible! The gprm are checked each time you call the function, and nothing is remembered. I have just tried the function again, and everything works as expected.

Maybe, for some reason, the GPRMs added by your friend are in a place where PgcEdit can't find them. Seems strange, but I can't imagine another reason for this problem.
Could you ask him what he did exactly, and where he has added the commands?
Also, I may need the IFOs. (pgcedit at tiscali dot be)
Old 12th June 2006, 22:04   #216  |  Link
erdoke
Custom User Title

Sure I will ask for the infos. I just translated what he sent me by mail. (He is a regular user of PgcEdit and not a beginner with virtual commands.)
Old 13th June 2006, 08:05   #217  |  Link
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach
@President & r0lZ
However, we would then simply return to the old methods - fixing the entry sector to be the last sector of the PGC.
Thank's, blutach. This will works (in a very hard case). The same effect may be get with VobBlanker. Just blank each cell of unneeded title.

It is rare, that DVD has an identical settings of all titles (aspect ratio AR or TV standard especially). Therefore, when any title started a HW (or SW) player switch output according to title settings. It demands a lot of time and a TV screen is flasing in addition. If DVD has a 4-5 ads titles (which starts one to one) then result may be very unlikely. That is the reason why I prefer a method which returns playback BEFORE ads title started.

Last edited by President; 14th June 2006 at 08:30.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 11:13   #218  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

PgcEdit v7.2 released!

• E. When the VMGM_VOBU_ADMAP table is present but has 0 entries, the table is now completely removed when the DVD is loaded. Previously, only the empty VMGM_C_ADT, VTSM_C_ADT and VTSM_VOBU_ADMAP tables were removed.
  • F. Burn DL DVD: When the new advanced option "Modify IFOs only" is ticked and PgcEdit cannot find a suitable cell for the layer break, the GUI was not updated correctly, and it was impossible to close the Burn window.
  • F. The highlight target feature and the Find Jumps to Nowhere function were unable to mark a JumpTT to an inexistant title as invalid.
  • F. It was possible to save the DVD or quit PgcEdit when a save operation was already in progress. Now, only File -> Kill can be used during the save.
  • F. PGC Editor: Remap Vob/Cell ID when using the Create New Cell option was broken in v7.1.
  • F. The dynamic version of the PgcEdit_preview executable was distributed with v7.x. To work correctly under Linux, the static version is needed.

New plugin:
  • Time Maps plugin v1.0, a function to verify the VTS_TMAPTI tables of all Titles of the DVD, with an option to rebuild the missing or wrong tables automatically when the DVD is saved.
Old 15th June 2006, 11:25   #219  |  Link
President

Quote:
PgcEdit v7.2 released!
Thank's r0lZ! Great!
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 11:58   #220  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Mille mercis!

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote