Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th July 2009, 12:43   #1  |  Link
Midnight Tboy

SubResync and SubMux no longer working - but subs themselves are fine??

Hiya all,

for many many moons I've had no problems with vobsub in general, but recently in the last few weeks a problem has cropped up.

If I right click and choose to Edit With Subresync on an idx file the hourglass pops up for a split second and then nothing happens.

The same also happens if I try to launch subresync manually?

If I play subs within VLC (embedded within an mkv and external idx/sub) they play fine. Also Media Player Classic auto plays subs fine that match the file name so the autoload is fine. In media player classic however when I try to Open Subs manually I got the message "To load subtitles you have change the video renderer type and reopen the file". I've tried changing from System Default to WMV9 renderless - and it does let me select them manually that way....tho not what is needed as SubResync and Submux still refuse to load.

the only changes that I've made that I can think of were installing a more recent version of VLC, which I have since uninstalled I've tried removing vobsub completely and reinstalling and get the same problem.

It's a pain as I need to check for forced subs within the subtitles and if any convert them to SRT to go inside the mkv, so just used to skim thru in subresync for any then convert them as and when.

Any ideas please?

cheers,
Tuck

oh and to add the only other thing I "might" have installed on this pc (tho dont think so - I've been building an HTPC seperately tho so theres a slim chance might have put the most recent ver on this pc too) is the Haali media splitter
Old 19th July 2009, 17:19   #2  |  Link
Oleg Rode

KILL Internet Explorer 8
Oleg Rode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 17:32   #3  |  Link
Midnight Tboy

aha thanks.

That makes more sense - I've always used 6 but caved in and thought will upgrade. Kept meaning to uninstall the piece of **** too as its a pain compared to firefox

Never thought IE could have been the source of problem, will give that a shot when get back home.

cheers,
Tuck
Old 19th July 2009, 18:56   #4  |  Link
Midnight Tboy

cheers mate - worked a treat