Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 25th April 2022, 01:21   #1  |  Link
DirkAbt1

Accidentally Poisoned drive

I played a disc with AACS v76 and revoked the host certificates that are included in the public keydb.cfg (they are only valid till v72) is there some way to get valid host certificates for the other versions or am I screwed for now till the public one on http://fvonline-db.bplaced.net/ updates in who knows how many months/years/decades?
Or are there host certificates floating arround I could use?
Also does somebody know how long it will be till the certificate updates on fvonline?
DirkAbt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2022, 18:19   #2  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

What movie disc were you playing/spinning?
What's the make and model number of your disc drive?
Old 25th April 2022, 19:15   #3  |  Link
DirkAbt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
What movie disc were you playing/spinning?
What's the make and model number of your disc drive?
I think its one out this box https://kaze-online.de/Garden-of-Sinners/AV1195 it has been released on the 3rd march this year. Sorry there is no english site as far as I know.

And its a pioneer BD-RW BDR-UD04 althought it has been sold as a Verbatim (article number 43888). I am pretty sure the new blu ray basically locked the old host certificate provided in the KeyDb.cfg since it also states they are only valid till v72 and I know that this blu ray was newer (I used findVUK to get the VUK since I paid a fair bit of money for the blu ray box).

Edit: I guess I should add, that I can still play movies I have the vuk to or if I use makemkv but prefereable I wouldn't want to be dependend on a software that could get out of beta and need payment in like a few months.

Last edited by DirkAbt1; 26th April 2022 at 05:53.
Old 28th April 2022, 08:55   #4  |  Link
DirkAbt1

Hello?
Old 28th April 2022, 22:11   #5  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

The 43888 has recently been reported as LibreDrive enabled, did not know that.
https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/view...p?f=16&t=23328
So why not Makemkv? I went their route, after a few years I gladly paid for a license and still feel good.
Frequently updated, top researched, not like AnyDVD where I paid lifetime upgrades and lost.
Old 29th April 2022, 12:14   #6  |  Link
DirkAbt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
The 43888 has recently been reported as LibreDrive enabled, did not know that.
https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/view...p?f=16&t=23328
So why not Makemkv? I went their route, after a few years I gladly paid for a license and still feel good.
Frequently updated, top researched, not like AnyDVD where I paid lifetime upgrades and lost.
The thing is, after buying a blu ray writer for 100 bucks i have no money for lincenses, I use a beta key for makemkv (since its free in beta) but that betakey will runout at some point. I basically just was curious, when there will be a a new Key to replace the one that was marked as unusable now. Like since I just started I know nothing of how long such things take, I mainly asked to get a feeling for how long I have to wait.
Old 3rd May 2022, 14:03   #7  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

As I ran MakeMKV with beta keys these came in frequently in the past, just before old keys expired.
Don't know how it is now... Just checked: Still generous.
https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/view...php?f=5&t=1053