Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 29th May 2007, 20:18   #261  |  Link
Casimir666

I think i have solve the subtitle bug : one of the Drevil_xxl was not applied by "Subversion" grrrr.

Daily build available here :
http://tibrium.neuf.fr/temp/mplayerc_1.0.7.2.rar

With thoses corrections :
- Fixed : jitter test did not display on some files
- Fixed : crash if display statistics when d3dx9_29.dll was not present
- Fixed : crash possible with OSD when closing file
- Fixed : kick off power option screen saver with Vista (if MPC have focus only)
- Fixed : DVD menu freeze with nVidia Pure Video decoder
- Fixed : clic to play not working at the bottom of video
- Fixed : MKV internal subtitles did not displayed from time to time
Old 29th May 2007, 20:33   #262  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillKotscha View Post
first thanks for your answer but are you really sure?... 'cause if I use VMR9 without post-processing in ffdshow it is nearly the same result as with VMR7 (windowed) in conjunction with ffdshow's post-processing...

so, at least visually, I can see a difference using different renderer with/ without post-processing...
Then your video driver is doing post-processing in DX9, which should be controllable from its control panel.
Old 29th May 2007, 20:35   #263  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Ctrl+C to close video, or Ctrl+X to exit MPC
First right, second not, Alt+X to close the program :P

Seconds, just tried latest build. Not that I use D3D Fullscreen atm, but a very funny bug was found ^^

In short in D3D + EVR Custom Pres. you as usual need to move cursor to the bottom of the screen to see the slider bar. It IS shown when you move to the bottom of the screen but it is shown at the bottom of the FRAME, thus you're unable to seek video whatsoever :rofl: Seems to work as usual when VMR9 is on.

Note of course my video is yet again 720p and therefore there're black bars on top/bottom of the frame (i have casual 4:3 CRT).
Old 29th May 2007, 20:38   #264  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

I recently installed .NET Bloatwork 3.0, so I can test EVR now

Then I noticed that the "Resizer" option obviously doesn't work with "EVR Custom Pres" renderer.
I selected "Nearest Neighbor", went to Fullscreen and it clearly was not Nearest Neighbor
Old 29th May 2007, 21:01   #265  |  Link
JarrettH

Is there a preferred resizer? just wondering...
Old 29th May 2007, 21:05   #266  |  Link
skafidask

[QUOTE=Casimir666;1008730][QUOTE=skafidask;1008624]i have a little problem. when i use evr custom i don't get DXVA 2.0 from my 8600gt
Quote:
Where did you see if DXVA 2.0 is activated?
i just opened a task manager on the background and left it there for a while, also most of my x264 files when i play them without DXVA 2.0 i get stuttering because i have 100% cpu util.(i have a 3.0ghz HT p4)

By the way i went from powerdvd 7.3.2605 to 7.3.2911 and i got black screen on all players(powerdvd,wmp 11,mpc,zoom) using cyberlink decoder and dxva 2.0 and i went back to 2605 anybody else having the same problem??
Old 29th May 2007, 21:22   #267  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh View Post
In short in D3D + EVR Custom Pres. you as usual need to move cursor to the bottom of the screen to see the slider bar. It IS shown when you move to the bottom of the screen but it is shown at the bottom of the FRAME, thus you're unable to seek video whatsoever :rofl: Seems to work as usual when VMR9 is on.
Yes i know EVR custom is not perfect yet
Old 29th May 2007, 21:22   #268  |  Link
Avish

In MPC's Internal Filters menu, when I hover my mouse over MPEG-1 Video, a tool tip appears, which says "6.4.0.3 Based on libmpeg2 (mpeg1 video decoding is bogus)". What exactly does it means??? Does that mean we should not use it for mpeg1 decoding coz its bogus? or is it something else??

Can anybody please clarify this??

Thanks in advance,
Avish.
Old 29th May 2007, 21:28   #269  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@Casimir666

Great job! Subs are now working great!
I have found some issues but I'm going to do some more testing before submitting.
Old 29th May 2007, 21:45   #270  |  Link
JarrettH

libmpeg2 can do all MPEG streams if I am not mistaken
Old 29th May 2007, 23:33   #271  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
libmpeg2 can do all MPEG streams if I am not mistaken
And in ffdshow it's multithreaded (mpeg1 also) !
Old 29th May 2007, 23:41   #272  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egh View Post
You CAN seek with it (you can click at the bottom)! (PS: I don't like the new seekbar )

For me, there's nothing useful in these builds, since I've got XP and I use Haali's renderer, but I'm helping discover bugs.
Anyway, thanks for your work Casimir!

One question (not related to these builds): I often get a message at the status bar when a second entry tried to be played in the playlist (or if I play 1 file, then I double-click in a file manager) and MPC can't open the next file:
"Faild to query the needed interfaces for playback"

What the heck is that? It's drive me crazy... (It's renderer independent)
Old 30th May 2007, 02:37   #273  |  Link
B.F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
I think i have solve the subtitle bug : one of the Drevil_xxl was not applied by "Subversion" grrrr.
Yes.
Subtitles is working now.
And toolbar is working now with Haali render.
I think I can use your builds not just for tests now.

Ifo files still not working with Haali render.

Last edited by B.F.; 30th May 2007 at 02:40.
Old 30th May 2007, 02:46   #274  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

EVR custom (bicubic -1.00, 10 buffers) + H264 + DXVA = no acceleration (8-12% CPU)
EVR + H264 + DXVA = acceleration (2-4% CPU)

Also, crop don't work with EVR.

[edit]

seems DXVA bug is already reported

Last edited by Sirber; 30th May 2007 at 02:50.
Old 30th May 2007, 04:22   #275  |  Link
burfadel

For me in EVR custom the aspect ratio goes askew! It seems to default to 4:3, I have to manually override it to 16:9 and all is fine!

The picture quality in EVR custom though is better, so the resizer etc settings do work! I made comment in another post about an interface and name update, maybe if someone reading this thread is interested?...! The other thread got carried away a bit, I just think a modernisation of the buttons, colour scheme etc would be great. A good reason for this is that the buttons can get a bit small at high resolutions! Anyways, we all appreciate the great work you are doing with MPC! I don't expect you to work on the interface, its more of a 'that would be nice if anyone is interested in doing it' kind of thing. I'm not talking theme support! just bigger modernised buttons and colouring mainly! (thats when not in VMR9 mode etc, the slider bar there is nice and big)! 3D buttons anyone? lol

Last edited by burfadel; 30th May 2007 at 04:31.
Old 30th May 2007, 19:49   #276  |  Link
clsid

Could you please adapt your mod to use Escape and F11 buttons for exiting Direct3D fullscreen?

During D3D mode, the context menu doesn't work properly, it disappears almost instantly. I guess that is a limitation of D3D. But perhaps you can pause the movie and properly show the menu? Otherwise I think it would be better to disable the menu entirely in D3D mode.

I also have some weird problem in D3D mode. The taskbar appears and starts flickering. This only seems to happen after pressing alt+enter twice.
Old 30th May 2007, 20:22   #277  |  Link
Avish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
And in ffdshow it's multithreaded (mpeg1 also) !
@chros & JarrettH, if your replies were to my query, then I already know that libmpeg2 can do all MPEG streams & in ffdshow it's multithreaded.
But my query was about MPC's internal MPEG-1 Decoder. Why it's tooltip says that "mpeg1 video decoding is bogus"???
Old 30th May 2007, 20:58   #278  |  Link
Tima

Seems there is some bug in MPC's internal VP6 decoder (and ffdshow's decoder is also broken).

Video sample: http://nwfiles.gorodok.net/VP6_MPC_internal.test.avi [771 Kb]. On MPC with internal VP6 decoder it plays corrupted and hangs at the frame #121 (with ffdshow decoder MPC doesn't hang, but there's just black screen all the time). With On2 VP6 DShow decoder all decoding is ok.

Last edited by Tima; 30th May 2007 at 21:02.
Old 31st May 2007, 02:08   #279  |  Link
iron2000
Questioning User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
Are you using YUV mixing option? If so try to remove it and leave just VMR9 mixer mode i think there is a bug with this option
I'm not using VMR9 at all, I'm on VMR7(windowed).
Anyway selecting VMR9 shows no video(a black screen only) with sound.

EDIT:
Ok, sort of solved the VMR9 issue.
The VMR9 colour controls were really off and a reset shows the picture.

Last edited by iron2000; 31st May 2007 at 03:47.
Old 31st May 2007, 13:15   #280  |  Link
LotharZ

http://tibrium.neuf.fr = error404

Seems tha website its down, anyone can provide a link for the last version?
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc