Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Closed Thread

Old 29th September 2006, 02:40   #321  |  Link
pjay

Thanks mayang, I thought it was the wrong keys on those files. Because sometimes different keys will come up for files I tried to undrm before with the first keys, but with no luck, then I try the second keys and they work.
Old 29th September 2006, 03:33   #322  |  Link
Sx66gns

thanks folks

/Salute.
Old 29th September 2006, 05:49   #323  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

just wanted to say really, you may already do this, but hey just in case, as microsoft are obviously reverse engineering you program to no end, you should make it more harder for them, and encrypt your executable as much as possible, i.e. Armadillo, as this would make it very hard for them, and help protect your code from prying eye's, as your finding holes in there software, but by looking at your code, will help feel there holes,

just thought it would be great if you could make there task forever difficult of reverse engineering your fine work,
armadillo is good, but you need to knit the protection as much as possible in your source code, and create 1000's of jmp calls,

but of course you maybe doing this already, and if you are, then don't listen to me,

p.s. not sure if armadillo is the best, but if used wisely can be very powerful, but of course this logic works the opposite to,
Old 29th September 2006, 05:54   #324  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

1 more thing, untill the lawsuit blows over, it may be a good idea to upload the file from a public terminal, cybercafe for example, as i.p. tracing will start, and changing the name of the file may help aswell, sorry to go on, but i'm sure everyone here agrees that extra methods to keep you safe should be deployed,

also go to different terminals aswell (different terminal sites), this will in effect spoof your i.p., can't trace a i.p. if it's always different, this is all great what your doing, but it's more paramount to protect your self, then to risk getting caught, great work has been achieve from great people in history because they never got caught,

i know i know, i'll shut up now....just worried about you that's all, after all they caught up with DVD jon in the end, he was lucky, but you may not be so lucky, just protect your self, and leave no traces,

maybe a good idea to encrypt your hard drive or at the very least all references to the source code with AES encryption with 50 no make that 80 character long (a famous passage, or a sequence for password, but just keep doubling it up so it becomes 80 characters long)

i heard that drive crypt is suppose to be good, but the thing about commercial software is you never know if there is a backdoor, go with 7zip with AES 256bit key.

i hear you....i'll shut up now.

Last edited by Pulp Catalyst; 29th September 2006 at 06:02.
Old 29th September 2006, 09:17   #325  |  Link
ross_MoHaX

Hi! Is there any detailed description how MS-DRM v.2 work and what vulnerability was used to remove DRM protection?
Old 29th September 2006, 11:51   #326  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

the "ultimate" distribution method: http://freenet.sf.net
Old 29th September 2006, 12:58   #327  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by protectyoursources View Post
Microsoft must have signed up to Doom 9
There were allready Microsoft Employers from the Media Division registered here on Doom9, before Fairuse4WM has been posted here.

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004
Old 29th September 2006, 13:47   #328  |  Link
rjamorim
Blah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth View Post
the "ultimate" distribution method: http://freenet.sf.net
My arse. Using freenet is a huge pain. I'd rather use Tor or bittorrent or eMule (the latter ones are not as anonymous, but "anonymous enough").
Old 29th September 2006, 14:35   #329  |  Link
protectyoursources

The TOR network is sufficent enough to upload FU4WM to mirror sites and if you install the TORpark browser its sets up TOR and Firefox automaticly and dont use your regular email adress if the site requires registration .

http://www.torrify.com/
Old 29th September 2006, 17:05   #330  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjamorim View Post
My arse. Using freenet is a huge pain. I'd rather use Tor or bittorrent or eMule (the latter ones are not as anonymous, but "anonymous enough").
It's a pain but its completely anonymous...
Old 29th September 2006, 18:58   #331  |  Link
Boost
Power user

Protect the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by viodentia View Post
FairUse4WM has been my own creation, and has never involved Microsoft source code. I link with Microsoft's static libraries provided with the compiler and various platform SDK files.
You could ofcause protect the future of FairUse4WM and proove to everybody that that is infact so by releasing the source to the public. Should you go under by Microsoft thugs they have no way of attacking the software as anyone could continue to develop it.
Old 29th September 2006, 19:17   #332  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

don't release the source, if you do that and they catch up with you, your arse will be fried, and not only that, MS would love to look at your source file, if any think i think you should protect your source like i said before, if you know that you have not used there source code of any kind, well then you have nothing to prove.

innocent until proven guilty mate, the ball is in there court (so to speak),

let them show there hand first, and keep your self hidden, unless of course your a billionair and can stand up to them through the system, if not, then like old school, be invisible,
Old 29th September 2006, 19:47   #333  |  Link
Rrrough

For those who don't know:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/06...l_gates_roots/

This is why M$ thinks viodentia must have used their sourcecode

cheers
Old 29th September 2006, 20:21   #334  |  Link
rjamorim
Blah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp Catalyst View Post
don't release the source, if you do that and they catch up with you, your arse will be fried, and not only that, MS would love to look at your source file
Dude, Microsoft doesn't need the source file. They surely have enough resources to support a reverse engineering effort. Sources would only make their job slightly easier.

Quote:
f any think i think you should protect your source like i said before, if you know that you have not used there source code of any kind, well then you have nothing to prove.
It's not about proving anything, it's about avoiding that FU4WM has the same sad fate as DVDDecrypter.

Quote:
innocent until proven guilty mate
That won't help him when he is dragged to court and is forced to start shelling out big bucks for lawyers and court procedures and the like.
Old 29th September 2006, 20:43   #335  |  Link
Boost
Power user

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjamorim View Post
It's not about proving anything, it's about avoiding that FU4WM has the same sad fate as DVDDecrypter.
Exactly my point
Old 29th September 2006, 23:53   #336  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Let us hope that viodentia has protected himself and leave him to make his own decision regarding his code. He is clearly no fool.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
Old 30th September 2006, 00:13   #337  |  Link
LANjackal
A.I. hosted by human body

Does anyone have any idea how to deal with the truncation issue? It appears like this in my case:

Quote:
K:\My Music\Quicksand\Slip\Quicksand_Slip_Fazer_160kbps.WMA UNABLE TO DECRYPT: Size Error: 9957960910 cannot be truncated to 1368026318.
The question has been asked by several other users, but no definitive answer has been forthcoming. Thanks.
Old 30th September 2006, 01:44   #338  |  Link
protectyoursources

I got the truncation error when one of the partitions on my hard drive was full.
Old 30th September 2006, 02:21   #339  |  Link
LANjackal
A.I. hosted by human body

Quote:
Originally Posted by protectyoursources View Post
I got the truncation error when one of the partitions on my hard drive was full.
Thanks, but I have plenty of space on this end so that's not it.
Old 30th September 2006, 08:43   #340  |  Link
vice101

so i finally was able to converted some of the files but there are still some left that gave me error messages

UNABLE TO DECRYPT: Unsupported Error correction (ad) at packet offset 0.
UNABLE TO DECRYPT: Packet truncated, 60085 needed, 220 remains, at offset 24
UNABLE TO DECRYPT: Packet truncated, 32302 needed, 138 remains, at offset 19

these are the errors i've got. can anyone fix it ??

ps thanks for the program tho
Closed Thread