Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 3rd May 2021, 16:52   #1  |  Link
Espinosa

Avisynth GUI

Hello!

I have been using Avisynth for two years or so and I find it quite uncomfortable to adjust the parameters for many functions. That's why I started thinking lately that it's worth making a GUI for experimental purposes that would allow the filters to be tested in detail and the visual output to be shown as soon as it's possible depending on the real time processing capabilities of filter implementations.

Anyway, I would like to read your opinion whether it's worth spending time on this taking into account the mess I would have to deal with. I'm familiar with low-level and high-level programming so it's not my main concern.
Espinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2021, 17:07   #2  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Here is the opposition [AvsPMod, latest version]:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...61#post1941961

EDIT: And Welcome to the forum.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2021, 17:33   #3  |  Link
butterw2

AvsPMod is an open-source Avisynth script editor with preview. It's written in Python2 / wx.
butterw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2021, 17:40   #4  |  Link
Espinosa

Thank you @StainlessS. I just tried it and seems like it does the job. I was thinking about something different though, but for now I believe this will be enough.
Old 3rd May 2021, 18:13   #5  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espinosa View Post
I was thinking about something different though, but for now I believe this will be enough.
I'm not quite sure but I think AvsPMod might be Windows only, there will be requirement in [probably not too distant] future for Linux solution.
Maybe someone can verify, currently Win only possible ?

Anyways, try out AvsPMod, many like it.
[I still use a text editor with AVS syntax hi-liting, and push button play in a media player,
and also VirtualDub2 with its AVS script editor.
I keep downloading the enormous number of AvsPMod updates, but still find myself quite happy with
my current editors. I'm awkward ]

EDIT: I spent years using the old AvsEdit, and I hated that, as I said, I'm awkward.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 3rd May 2021 at 18:23.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2021, 19:38   #6  |  Link
butterw2

An Avisynth based program with simple intuitive GUI features and a fast preview might have an appeal, I doubt there would be much point in creating yet another script editor.
butterw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2021, 13:44   #7  |  Link
Espinosa

No, I didn't have in mind another script editor. I was thinking about a C++ application where it would be possible to load multimedia files and test all functions available in Avisynth plugins. Would be possible to select more than one function (basically building a script that way) to experiment with and the visual results would be shown. Would be possible to uncheck any of those functions and the output results would be updated. Would be also possible to see comparative results from the previous and the current output in form of gifs. I find it important because this way will be much easier to detect the changes and make new conclusions. This is just something that comes to my mind at this moment, there are more things that could be added and significantly improve the whole process of video post-processing. I also think it would be a great tool for learning how things work under the hood.
Old 5th May 2021, 13:53   #8  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Didn't someone make a node-based Avisynth editor a few years back?

Unfortunately Avisynth doesn't seem to expose a lot of things, like filter parameter strings, or default values, that would be helpful with creating such a thing. I'm not even aware if you can enumerate available filters in the first place.

Tags
avisynth, gui