Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 17th December 2019, 18:52   #18041  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
I also have had encodes complete with 1.16.3, BUT it's a random issue.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jd05u...CoreV3.7z/file
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2019, 20:40   #18042  |  Link
Ripmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripmann View Post
Hey again. I have a few other potential minor quality-of-life features suggestions to consider. #1 definitely seems like it might be way more trouble than it's worth, but #2 could be a neat little time-saver that shouldn't take much to implement:

1) Demuxing/indexing often takes a lot of time, especially for untouched Blu-Rays. Most of that time, I already know what encoding options I'd like to use when it's done (add custom subs, set to 2-pass with a lock size, copy audio stream, adjust the output name, and so on), but the job's menu is fully grayed out and unavailable until the process is complete.

What I was thinking of is an optional setting like "Allow Job Editing During Demuxing" (perhaps with a "use at your own risk" kind of a tooltip) that would allow to edit some of the the job's aspects while it was still busy.

Obviously, depending on how you have things set up, it could be not worth it to even consider, but theoretically, you could keep some of these job's options unlocked during demuxing, so the user has something to do while waiting. The output's file name doesn't require demuxing and could be populated and unlocked for editing immediately. The video mode settings don't require input either. You can set up everything except the AviSynth stuff (crop, preview, resize, etc.), which can be indivisually locked (grayed out) until the demuxing process is done. The subs menu could allow adding custom subs right away. If the demuxing process allows prioritizing tracks, it could also extract the embedded subs first, get the subs menu unlocked, and then start to work on the audio and video. The audio profile is a bit trickier since it samples the input track to provide the options. Again, theoretically, you could either a) unlock only the common settings like "2.0" and "copy stream" or b) unlock everything, and then if the user selects "5.1 640kbps" but the demuxed track turns out to be 2.0 and incompatible, the setting could reset to default or something like that. Hope you get the idea.

2) Adding SRT subtitles that don't indicate their language in their filenames causes their language show as "[und] Undetermined" and force you to find your preferred language from the list, which is a little time consuming. Especially since for most people, it'll be the same main language they use in their subs most of the time anyway. How about something like a "Default/Preferred Subtitle Language" option that would auto-set the language of all "undetermined" subs to the preferred one? If your preferred language is English, every Undetermined subtitle auto-sets to "[Eng] English", and so on. If needed, one could also make a note (or like a small exclamation mark) next to selection, indicating that it was deemed "undetermined" and auto-set to the preferred language set in the options.

Oh and by the way, happy holidays, man. Thanks for making all our lives a little bit easier.
Come to think of it, here's yet another set of non-essential but useful suggestions I'd like to mention. Once again, this is purely informative. I just feel like writing down all the ideas and quibbles I've had over the years of using the program, hence the long-winded text dump. Feel free to disregard without a second thought if you don't find any of this useful.

1) Adding black bars to adjust resolution without resizing. Some players and filters (for exampel, FFDshow) only support resolutions that are multiples of 16, so if you have an input of something like 1916x1080, adding black bars to "round it up" to 1920 would be a better solution, instead distorting the video with resize.

2) More user customization for dropdown values in general: removing unused entries, replacing them with custom ones, etc. I know it's not quite the purpose of the program, but I'm mentioning it since it might be something you may want to pursue. Saving custom audio profiles ("2.0 320kbps"), custom lock sizes ("2241mb" for 1/2 DVD-R), and even custom resolutions via an ini file would be an awesome quality-of-life improvement.

RipBot264_profiles.ini example:
Code:
;resolutions
ListedResolution[0]=3840x2160, "4k-UHD, 3840x2160, [1,78:1]"
ListedResolution[1]=1920x1080, "HD-Full, 1920x1080, [1,78:1]"
ListedResolution[2]=1280x720, "HD-Ready, 1280x720, [1,78:1]"

;audio profiles (using command line options for clarity)
ListedAudioOPUS[0]=AC 2, -bitrate 64, "2.0 OPUS CODEC   64 kbps [abr]"
ListedAudioOPUS[6]=AC 6, -bitrate 320, "2.0 OPUS CODEC   320 kbps [abr]"
ListedAudioAC3[9]=AC 6, 640k, "5.1 FFMPEG AC3   640 kbps [cbr]"

;sizes
ListedLockSize[0]=175
ListedLockSize[1]=350
ListedLockSize[6]=23800

;languages
ListedLanguages[0]=aar, "[aar] Afar"
ListedLanguages[30]=eng, "[eng] English"
Ripmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2019, 07:45   #18043  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Welcome back

OK, another day of interesting testing, and successful testing it was !!

I have done several x265 MDG runs today, with only a couple of unrelated problems.

I even managed to get that monster LOTR Pt 3 ext version done, 262, 1 minute chunks in 2h 33m

So I have "attached" a couple of new screenshots, showing a few things, and 1 error.txt

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g7n648...%2529.rar/file

About the only weird problem I had was, it got the very end of another encode, and just as it was about to start combining/muxing the chunks, it just stopped, the Client icon was still in the Taskbar, but I couldn't access it, so I killed RB, went back to re start that job, and it started from the beginning, so I stopped it, and went into the Job folder and ran job9_muxfiles.cmd, and to my surprise it ran, and completed the encode

And I had one fail due to some strange chapter problem (thats the error.txt)

So other than that, I noticed something different displayed in EncodingClient...there's a new little counter...what's that do ??

Also, in EncodingServer, there is a LOT more activity in the TCP communication window.
Old 18th December 2019, 10:38   #18044  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Quote:
About the only weird problem I had was, it got the very end of another encode, and just as it was about to start combining/muxing the chunks, it just stopped, the Client icon was still in the Taskbar, but I couldn't access it, so I killed RB, went back to re start that job, and it started from the beginning, so I stopped it, and went into the Job folder and ran job9_muxfiles.cmd, and to my surprise it ran, and completed the encode
Exact same thing just happened here..

How about if some mechanism of "version checking" is implemented? Sometimes itīs hard to be sure if all the machines are really up to date - and in some cases the servers start, but are on version too old and somehow crash in the middle of a session (or so...)..

What, if the server spits out itīs exact version to the client and one could see it in an overview?
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2019, 10:45   #18045  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

1) Send me that chapter.txt file
2) that counter shows how mamy miliseconds elapsed from sending message to server and getting response. Basicaly IT shows communication delay
3) regarding issue where client shows encoding while server is idle. Copy whole text from server's TCP communication tab.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 18th December 2019 at 10:49.
Old 18th December 2019, 12:09   #18046  |  Link
Ryushin

EncodingServer Zombies

I have a machine with the V3 Core that the EncodingServer(s) seems to stop accepting connections. The EncodingServers won't stop gracefully. Killing them with Task Manager and running the EncodingServer.exe results in a process but no icon in the taskbar. These new zombies won't accept connections. Only by logging out and logging back in does the EncodingServer work again until it goes into zombie state again.

The main RipBot264 window is also going into a zombie state when close it (click the X). Have to kill it in the Task Manager as well.

Last edited by Ryushin; 18th December 2019 at 12:14. Reason: More Information
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2019, 14:21   #18047  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
1) Send me that chapter.txt file
2) that counter shows how mamy miliseconds elapsed from sending message to server and getting response. Basicaly IT shows communication delay
3) regarding issue where client shows encoding while server is idle. Copy whole text from server's TCP communication tab.
1) I just checked, it didn't seem to have created a chapter.txt.

2) Will this counter stay, now ??

3) I would have to copy the TCP text while it was still "live", as doesn't it disappear when it's completed ?!?!
Old 18th December 2019, 14:25   #18048  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
I have a machine with the V3 Core that the EncodingServer(s) seems to stop accepting connections. The EncodingServers won't stop gracefully. Killing them with Task Manager and running the EncodingServer.exe results in a process but no icon in the taskbar. These new zombies won't accept connections. Only by logging out and logging back in does the EncodingServer work again until it goes into zombie state again.

The main RipBot264 window is also going into a zombie state when close it (click the X). Have to kill it in the Task Manager as well.
How many machines did you have running when this happened ??, because if you were using DE, and other pc's, you'd need to update ALL of them to V3 !!

I had ALL my Servers helping today, and I had to update them ALL to V3 before they would "help" the client.
Old 18th December 2019, 15:31   #18049  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
1) I just checked, it didn't seem to have created a chapter.txt.

2) Will this counter stay, now ??

3) I would have to copy the TCP text while it was still "live", as doesn't it disappear when it's completed ?!?!
1) ok
2) yes
3) copy text when encoding if finished
Old 18th December 2019, 15:33   #18050  |  Link
gabbett1

Hello, I recently downloaded 1.25.0 and am having issues. When it tries to encode it gives me an error and creates an error log:

D:\New Uncopied\Dumb and Dumber>"F:\Blue Ray Ripping\EncodingClient.exe" "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta"

D:\New Uncopied\Dumb and Dumber>"F:\Blue Ray Ripping\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "C:\Users\PLEXSE~1\AppData\Local\Temp" -add "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.264":name="Dumb and Dumber" -fps 23.976 -add "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.aac":lang=eng -mpeg4 -chap "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -new "D:\New Uncopied\Dumb and Dumber\Dumb and Dumber.mp4"
Cannot find file D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.264
Error importing D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.264:name=Dumb and Dumber: Requested URL is not valid or cannot be found
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 00h:00m:19s

I cannot figure out the issue. Now I can't even start EncodingClient. Keeps saying I don't have AviSynth+ MT 64 installed, even though I have installed it...

Last edited by gabbett1; 18th December 2019 at 16:26.
gabbett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2019, 15:44   #18051  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
How many machines did you have running when this happened ??, because if you were using DE, and other pc's, you'd need to update ALL of them to V3 !!

I had ALL my Servers helping today, and I had to update them ALL to V3 before they would "help" the client.
Only running two DE machines. I always make sure each machine matches each other.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2019, 17:17   #18052  |  Link
GZZ

I also had a failure in encoding where the Encoding Client is saying Encoding and the Encoding Server is doing nothing.

Please see below screenshots and log files.

Screenshots
https://pasteboard.co/ILQi7td.png
https://pasteboard.co/ILQijVx.png

Log Files
Command Recieved From Client: http://gofile.me/6GaFo/qjNpDO7o
Command Send To Client: http://gofile.me/6GaFo/WdvkqLJC

I hope it can help identify the issue.

Last edited by GZZ; 18th December 2019 at 17:20.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2019, 17:37   #18053  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@Pauly Dunne
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6an2r...CoreV4.7z/file

I hope this solves that issue with ENCODING/IDLE status. Update all encodingserver.exe (version number [v1.17.0] for now is frozen till official release)
Old 18th December 2019, 18:54   #18054  |  Link
jfisher1740

Had an encode stall overnight (same issues) at 83% completed on encodingserver v1.16.0. Updated to v1.17.0 and the encode completed successfully. Have 2 more encodes in process and will report back.
jfisher1740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2019, 01:08   #18055  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
I also had a failure in encoding where the Encoding Client is saying Encoding and the Encoding Server is doing nothing.

Please see below screenshots and log files.

Screenshots
https://pasteboard.co/ILQi7td.png
https://pasteboard.co/ILQijVx.png

Log Files
Command Recieved From Client: http://gofile.me/6GaFo/qjNpDO7o
Command Send To Client: http://gofile.me/6GaFo/WdvkqLJC

I hope it can help identify the issue.
Hey GZZ, I have a sneaking suspicion that your are not using the latest version (not an Auto-update), if you have a look at my screenshot from yesterday, and pay particular attention to the green circled item, and also you should be on at least v1.17.0 of Server.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/br45i...19%29.jpg/file
Old 19th December 2019, 07:29   #18056  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Hey GZZ, I have a sneaking suspicion that your are not using the latest version (not an Auto-update), if you have a look at my screenshot from yesterday, and pay particular attention to the green circled item, and also you should be on at least v1.17.0 of Server.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/br45i...19%29.jpg/file
I didnt, downloaded the latest, normally i use auto update, but it didnt gave an error (expected it to work, so didnt read log). On latest now, so hopefully it has been fixed, will report back if it fails again.
Old 19th December 2019, 07:34   #18057  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
I didnt, downloaded the latest, normally i use auto update, but it didnt gave an error (expected it to work, so didnt read log). On latest now, so hopefully it has been fixed, will report back if it fails again.
Ah ha...

Yes, if you grab coreV4.7z, I don't think you'll have any more problems...I've been using it all day, and the only hiccups I've had are not related to the most recent problem.

Copy the 3 files onto every RB pc you have...

I'm sure auto updates will be enabled again, soon.
Old 19th December 2019, 07:41   #18058  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
@Pauly Dunne
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6an2r...CoreV4.7z/file

I hope this solves that issue with ENCODING/IDLE status. Update all encodingserver.exe (version number [v1.17.0] for now is frozen till official release)
Well as I mentioned in my reply to GZZ, I have been using coreV4 all day, no related problems or errors.

The file that gave me that chapter error yesterday, must be full of problems....I DID manage to get it thru RB, and I wanted to run the encoded one thru again, but it just kept throwing up annoying errors, so I'll scrap that one.

The Encoding/Idle problem didn't present itself, either.

So hopefully this all behind us now....
Old 19th December 2019, 08:35   #18059  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Well as I mentioned in my reply to GZZ, I have been using coreV4 all day, no related problems or errors.

The file that gave me that chapter error yesterday, must be full of problems....I DID manage to get it thru RB, and I wanted to run the encoded one thru again, but it just kept throwing up annoying errors, so I'll scrap that one.

The Encoding/Idle problem didn't present itself, either.

So hopefully this all behind us now....
Its been running 8 hour straight on some South Park Episode with the lastest coreV4. I think it manage to reencode 70 episode, so alot of chunks. But then again I didnt have that big issue with previous, so I wont say its ok until it has been doing some more encoding.
Old 19th December 2019, 10:24   #18060  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Its been running 8 hour straight on some South Park Episode with the lastest coreV4. I think it manage to reencode 70 episode, so alot of chunks. But then again I didnt have that big issue with previous, so I wont say its ok until it has been doing some more encoding.
Well, that's certainly a good start, that's probably more chunks than I did.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360