Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th January 2018, 21:42   #11  |  Link
von Suppé

As it happens I too have been struggling with the Avatar subtitles. It's one of the 3D movies why I asked r0lZ in my earlier post for a feature in the XY coordinates-processing in one of his tools.
The standard SUPs are displayed way to high, IMO.
Man, have I been busy. OCR-ing the SUPstreams, edit/correcting text, timings, exporting to ASS, adding fonts, creating ASS styles, exporting to SUP. From SUP to XML/PNG. Then cloning positions, remuxing again... pfffff. Lot of work!! And for two languages, that is. I can almost word-for-word say each line perfectly

hubblec4 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
So many issues with all the BDSup2Sub editions, nobody there who will write a better SUP-Tool?
I agree fully, I'd also welcome a handy knife that will let you do whatever you want with SUP or XML/PNG files, for that matter. A real-time preview screen during editing/creating is a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
But note that if you restrict the tool to work only for the X coordinates, the (rare) subtitles that are on the top of the screen in the guide will not be moved. That may and probably will be a problem.
Well, I always keep an eye out for subtitles that are placed on top of the screen. Then, ASS comes in handy as you can use a style to these specific lines. Vertical alignment is specified by your wishes and only applied to the lines with that style.

On the other hand, it is possible to output & OCR SUP lines that only are in the lower half of the picture. So I can imagine SUP lines that are only in the upper half can be output also. If one wants, those 2 SUP files can be processed separately. After you have your separate, wanted SUP- or XML/PNG files (one for the lower and one for the upper half) you would have to merge them, of course. I don't know if that is possible, but I would be very happy if merging SUP- and/or XML/PNG files would be possible.
As you have maybe read my Avatar subtitle experience, you can imagine that such a tool would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by von Suppé; 18th January 2018 at 12:14. Reason: addendum