Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Closed Thread

Old 24th November 2013, 22:36   #301  |  Link
real.finder

hi

I got

with "Dither_convert_yuv_to_rgb"

and thank you for this project
Old 24th November 2013, 23:45   #302  |  Link
zero9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
hi

I got (some masktools error) with "Dither_convert_yuv_to_rgb"

and thank you for this project
you're using a masktools version built with avisynth 2.5 header. use this version instead.
Old 25th November 2013, 00:11   #303  |  Link
turbojet

Some first observations:

1. Installer doesn't play nice with avisynth, assigns new plugin directory and doesn't restore old after uninstall
2. Installer installs VC++ redist even though they were already up to date
3. Installer migration option deletes avisynth plugins, luckily they were backed up.
4. Installer isn't extractable, if extractable it's a simple copy/paste of avisynth.dll Wasn't this supposed to be extractable like avisynth installers?
5. Getting all sorts of dll missing with avisynth+, avsrecursion.dll and opencl.dll mostly which are in avisynth+ and avisynth plugin directories.
6. Some speed tests: With a 1080i mpeg2 source with dss2x86/dssx64(lav avcodec decoding).tfm().tdecimate().lanczosresize()

2.6a5icl
720x404 = 37.96 fps (50-60% cpu)
1280x720 = 25.74 (100%)

avs+:
720x404 = 36.98(50-60%)
1280x720 = 24.74(100%)

avs64 (JoshyD)
720x404 = 25.02(30-40%)
1280x720 = 21.80(70-80%)

avs+64
720x404 = 22.84(30-40%)
1280x720 = 19.17(70-80%)

I've been battling with fixing avisynth plugins directory for almost an hour now and still haven't solved it. Guess a rollback is necessary. EDIT: IOBit uninstall of avs+ then clean install of avisynth fixed the plugins directory. Seems the uninstaller doesn't clean up very well.

Last edited by turbojet; 25th November 2013 at 00:33.
Old 25th November 2013, 00:19   #304  |  Link
zero9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
Some first observations:

1. Installer doesn't play nice with avisynth, assigns new plugin directory and doesn't restore old after uninstall
3. Installer migration option deletes avisynth plugins, luckily they were backed up.
Which upgrade option did you pick? The second one (migration) is designed to do exactly what you described in [1]. It also does [3], but only after copying all your plugins to the new plugin directory for 2.5 plugins.

Quote:
Some first observations:
The VC++ Redist installers automatically determine whether or not they need to install/update the runtimes and just do nothing if everything is up-to-date. Are you sure you were already running Update 4?
Quote:
4. Installer isn't extractable, if extractable it's a simple copy/paste of avisynth.dll Wasn't this supposed to be extractable like avisynth installers?
You can extract it with InnoExtract.

Quote:
5. Getting all sorts of dll missing with avisynth+, avsrecursion.dll and opencl.dll mostly which are in avisynth+ and avisynth plugin directories.
not sure about this, please be more precise. Avs+ doesn't touch those libs (which should reside in your SysWoW64 folder on 64-bit windows)

Quote:
6. Some speed tests: With a 1080i mpeg2 source with dss2x86/dssx64(lav avcodec decoding).tfm().tdecimate().lanczosresize()
is this the full script? What tool did you use to get those numbers and where did you get it from?

Last edited by zero9999; 25th November 2013 at 00:48.
Old 25th November 2013, 00:54   #305  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero9999 View Post
Which upgrade option did you pick? The second one (migration) is designed to do exactly what you described in [1]. It also does [3], but only after copying all your plugins to the new plugin directory for 2.5 plugins.
At first the top option, then uninstalled and installed avisynth and plugins weren't loading. Then tried bottom option, avisynth\plugins and plugins64 were moved to empty avs+\plugins plugins64 dir thus deleted. IOBit uninstalled, installed avisynth again and plugin autoloading was working again.

Quote:
The VC++ Redist installers automatically determine whether or not they need to install/update the runtimes and just do nothing if everything is up-to-date. Are you sure you were already running Update 4?
I don't think it was actually, they dated back to September I believe. Even so it's says installing on reinstall for about 5 seconds, although it might just be a bad message.

Quote:
You can extract it with InnoExtract.
All I can get out of it is avisynth.dll and devil.dll not sure if it's x86 or x64. Avisynth installers are fully extractable with 7zip. If installer isn't extractable could a zip with the dll's also available?

Quote:
not sure about this, please be more precise. Avs+ doesn't touch those libs (which should reside in your SysWoW64 folder on 64-bit windows)
These libs were in avisynth+\plugins directory and it was throwing errors with them, works fine with avisynth.

Quote:
is this the full script?
Yes. The x64 speed decrease is I believe a decoder issue. That's fed through x264 same options.

Last edited by turbojet; 25th November 2013 at 01:01.
Old 25th November 2013, 01:12   #306  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
you're using a masktools version built with avisynth 2.5 header. use this version instead.
That's weird, I use this version but load it manually, 2.5 version of masktool in autoload folder

it supposed that manual load eliminates the auto one like the normal avs did, not vice versa
Old 25th November 2013, 01:27   #307  |  Link
zero9999

Quote:
At first the top option, then uninstalled and installed avisynth and plugins weren't loading. Then tried bottom option, avisynth\plugins and plugins64 were moved to empty avs+\plugins plugins64 dir thus deleted. IOBit uninstalled, installed avisynth again and plugin autoloading was working again.
So after you tried the first option (backup) and then uninstalled Avs+, did the uninstaller not restore your previous AviSynth installation, or why did you reinstall AviSynth again after that?
Did you try to install AviSynth+ into your previous AviSynth folder?

As far as IOBit software goes, you'd have to check with them because i don't know anything about what it does.

Since you seem to have restored your previous state, it's kinda hard to investigate the issues but could you please check the following registry keys and post the contents:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AviSynth
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AviSynth
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{AC78780F-BACA-4805-8D4F-AE1B52B7E7D3}_is1

Quote:
I don't think it was actually, they dated back to September I believe. Even so it's says installing on reinstall for about 5 seconds, although it might just be a bad message.
This is normal. The vcredist installers are always run to let them decide for themselves whether they need to install anything or not

Quote:
All I can get out of it is avisynth.dll and devil.dll not sure if it's x86 or x64. Avisynth installers are fully extractable with 7zip. If installer isn't extractable could a zip with the dll's also available?
<line0> zip build with just the DLLs would be nice too
<&ultim> will do

Quote:
These libs were in avisynth+\plugins directory and it was throwing errors with them, works fine with avisynth.
Those libraries are not AviSynth plugins so they shouldn't go into the plugin directories in the first place.
Actually this is interesting. You said the Avs+ installer was not copying the contents of the old plugin folders to the new locations, but apparently it did so at least for 32 bit stuff.
am i right to assume that only the migration of the 64-bit plugins failed?

Quote:
Yes. The x64 speed decrease is I believe a decoder issue. That's fed through x264 same options.
don't use x264 to benchmark scripts. Use AvsMeter insteadl

Quote:
That's weird, I use this version but load it manually, 2.5 version of masktool in autoload folder

it supposed that manual load eliminates the auto one like the normal avs did, not vice versa
yes, and that's exactly the way it works here.

Last edited by zero9999; 25th November 2013 at 01:33.
Old 25th November 2013, 01:28   #308  |  Link
TurboPascal7

real.finder
I just tried your way and it works as expected.
Old 25th November 2013, 02:50   #309  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboPascal7 View Post
real.finder
I just tried your way and it works as expected.
If I back to normal avs I have no problem with the same script, I'll do more tests to see what causes this

Last edited by real.finder; 25th November 2013 at 02:53.
Old 25th November 2013, 02:52   #310  |  Link
TurboPascal7

Quote:
If I back to normal avs I have no problem with the same script, I'll do more test to see what causes this
Please paste the exact script you have issues with.
Old 25th November 2013, 03:03   #311  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Please paste the exact script you have issues with.
Code:
DGDecode_MPEG2Source("C:\Documents and Settings\a\Desktop\New Folder\One Piece 517__cut.demuxed.d2v")
LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\a\Desktop\mt_masktools-26.dll")
Dither_convert_yuv_to_rgb
in winxp sp3 on VirtualBox v4.3.2.90405
Old 25th November 2013, 03:12   #312  |  Link
TurboPascal7

Ok, the issue is related to the placement of the LoadPlugin line. It will work correctly if you place it before the MPEG2Source call.
Yet this is a bug, will investigate. Thanks for the report.
Old 25th November 2013, 03:22   #313  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Ok, the issue is related to the placement of the LoadPlugin line. It will work correctly if you place it before the MPEG2Source call.
Yet this is a bug, will investigate. Thanks for the report.
Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\a\Desktop\mt_masktools-26.dll")
DGDecode_MPEG2Source("C:\Documents and Settings\a\Desktop\New Folder\One Piece 517__cut.demuxed.d2v")
Dither_convert_yuv_to_rgb
yes, that work
Old 25th November 2013, 04:33   #314  |  Link
Lenchik

Quote:
Those libraries are not AviSynth plugins so they shouldn't go into the plugin directories in the first place.
AFAIK, starting with some 2.6 build Avisynth is searching for additional libraries in plugins folder before system folder.
Old 25th November 2013, 05:34   #315  |  Link
the_weirdo
Yes, I'm weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenchik View Post
AFAIK, starting with some 2.6 build Avisynth is searching for additional libraries in plugins folder before system folder.
IIRC, this is only applied to SEt's Avisynth 2.6 MT builds. I don't know if those changes have been merged to upstream yet, though.
Old 25th November 2013, 05:53   #316  |  Link
qyot27
...?

One thing I saw regarding the ISS installer was that it failed to install on an Athlon64 machine I have access to that runs 32-bit XP, complaining that it can't install x64 versions and then quits (why is it trying to install 64-bit on a 32-bit OS?).

Another, more minor thing is that under 64-bit Wine, it installed the 64-bit plugin directories under Program Files (x86) and didn't put anything in Program Files. This might be a Wine vs. real Windows issue, though (especially since it ended up hanging on the vcredist step).
Old 25th November 2013, 07:27   #317  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
So after you tried the first option (backup) and then uninstalled Avs+, did the uninstaller not restore your previous AviSynth installation, or why did you reinstall AviSynth again after that?
Did you try to install AviSynth+ into your previous AviSynth folder?
Correct, tried to install avisynth to get the plugin autoloading working again but failed. Never tried installing avs+ into avs install directory.

Quote:
As far as IOBit software goes, you'd have to check with them because i don't know anything about what it does.
It's like Revo uninstaller, but completely free, it cleans up after uninstaller that don't clean up well.

Quote:
Since you seem to have restored your previous state, it's kinda hard to investigate the issues but could you please check the following registry keys and post the contents:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AviSynth
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AviSynth
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{AC78780F-BACA-4805-8D4F-AE1B52B7E7D3}_is1
After installing avs+ with second option, uninstalling, installing avisynth there was some reg entries and the plugin directory was set to the correct path in either hklm\software\avisynth or hklm\software\wow6432node\avisynth but not both like they are set currently in the working state, but it wasn't autoloading. I'm not sure about the uninstall key, it's currently not there in it's current working state. I'll try to break autoloading again in a vm tomorrow if I find time and it's necessary.

Quote:
This is normal. The vcredist installers are always run to let them decide for themselves whether they need to install anything or not
Would it make sense, if possible, to hide the 'installing vcredist' message in the installer?

Quote:
<&ultim> will do
Thanks

Quote:
Actually this is interesting. You said the Avs+ installer was not copying the contents of the old plugin folders to the new locations, but apparently it did so at least for 32 bit stuff.
am i right to assume that only the migration of the 64-bit plugins failed?
I'm not sure where avsrecursion came from but I don't use the filters that requires it, at least not often. nnedi3ocl.cl is required for nnedi3ocl() to function. Replacing avisynth.dll with avisynth+'s does not throw the errors. Autoloading other dll's from avisynth plugins makes a lot of sense and makes life easier. A lot of programs load dll's from their directory.

Originally had F:\tools\avisynth\plugins and F:\tools\avisynth\plugins64, when installing avisynth+ with the top install option to F:\tools\avisynth+ it created empty directories of F:\tools\avisynth+\plugins and F:\tools\avisynth+\plugins32 and deleted F:\tools\avisynth\plugins and F:\tools\avisynth\plugins64, the rest of F:\tools\avisynth\ was untouched. The only thing in avisynth+'s default plugins directory were ones in the installer.

Quote:
don't use x264 to benchmark scripts. Use AvsMeter insteadl
While good for finding bottlenecks, it's not nearly as accurate of a real world test as an encode but here they are (x86 only):

ICL: 720x404 40.46fps (25% cpu) 1280x720 39.97(27%)
AVS+: 720x404 38.75(28%) 1280x720 38.26(29%)

My whole script for x86: dss2().tfm().sorathread().tdecimate().sorathread().lanczosresize()
x64: dss().tfm().tdecimate().lanczosresize()

Last edited by turbojet; 25th November 2013 at 07:31.
Old 25th November 2013, 09:18   #318  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Looks like there's a confirmed bug in the installer, and as per turbojet's report the DLL search path handling in the plugin loader looks to be inconsistent with classic avs. This wasn't changed though since the very first release of avs+, so that's what you get for not testing early enough Furthermore, tp7 confirmed some filter bug in the intrinsics port. Expect a bugfix release tonight (CET).

Quote:
Would it make sense, if possible, to hide the 'installing vcredist' message in the installer?
It wouldn't. That's what it's doing, so why lie about it? As already said by others, vcredist won't do anything if it is already installed. The 2012 runtime alone has multiple versions though, and the one used by avs+ is the latest that is pretty new. So you probably don't have it already.
Old 25th November 2013, 15:12   #319  |  Link
zero9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
One thing I saw regarding the ISS installer was that it failed to install on an Athlon64 machine I have access to that runs 32-bit XP, complaining that it can't install x64 versions and then quits (why is it trying to install 64-bit on a 32-bit OS?).
yup, already fixed that one. it was actually trying to back up x64 AviSynth files. This installer should work

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
Another, more minor thing is that under 64-bit Wine, it installed the 64-bit plugin directories under Program Files (x86) and didn't put anything in Program Files. This might be a Wine vs. real Windows issue, though (especially since it ended up hanging on the vcredist step).
The installer doesn't create two program directories, even if both x86 and x64 AviSynth are to be installed. Everything goes into the Folder you pick on the 'Select application directory' screen (which defaults to a location in Program Files (x86).

Do you think it would be better to install x64 AviSynth+ to Program Files and x86 AviSynth+ to Program Files (x86)?
IMO it only serves to confuse the users (Where are my plugin directories?) and we'd have to ask for a second Install folder. On top of that it's complicated to pull off because in InnoSetup the components selection screen comes after the select directory screen, so we'd have to do something custom instead.
Old 25th November 2013, 15:39   #320  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Some first observations:
same thing happened to me, and confirmed it via System Restore

And I saw that c++ 2012 installed many times

Quote:

<&ultim> will do