Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 15th November 2021, 01:20   #19321  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

Is there a simple and quick way to get ripbot264 to detect when a film has a slight audio sync to it

some films start of fine, but as time goes on the sync gets worse, by the end of the film the audio sync is really bad.

is there nothing ripbot can do to detect this (staxrip on the same films does not have this issue?)

but i like ripbot because it's far simpler and much more reliable (stax is less reliable and also the hdr to sdr in ripbot is very good)

truth is, the interface in ripbot reminds me of "autogk"...good times
Pulp Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2021, 03:40   #19322  |  Link
TDS
Formally known as .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp Catalyst View Post
Is there a simple and quick way to get ripbot264 to detect when a film has a slight audio sync to it

some films start of fine, but as time goes on the sync gets worse, by the end of the film the audio sync is really bad.

is there nothing ripbot can do to detect this (staxrip on the same films does not have this issue?)

but i like ripbot because it's far simpler and much more reliable (stax is less reliable and also the hdr to sdr in ripbot is very good)

truth is, the interface in ripbot reminds me of "autogk"...good times
Are the original source files "in sync" ??

May depend on what you are using to demux the files, RipBot uses L-Smash, but StaxRip has different options, AFAIK.

RipBot264 modded builds..
TDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2021, 03:50   #19323  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

yes the originals are fine...handbrake works okay too, but i love using ripbot because the hdrtosdr is so good and the interface batch works amazing

one clue is that mediainfo lite reports on some of them (originals) things like "Delay relative to video : 5 ms" could this be the cause, and if so using batch mode where would i put this?

Quote:
Audio
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 2 h 1 min
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 509 kb/s
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel layout : C L R Ls Rs LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -9 ms
Stream size : 1.28 GiB (2%)
Title : Lord.of.war2003
Language : English
Default : No
Forced : No

Last edited by Pulp Catalyst; 15th November 2021 at 04:03. Reason: given examplke
Pulp Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2021, 04:07   #19324  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
yes the originals are fine...handbrake works okay too, but i love using ripbot because the hdrtosdr is so good and the interface batch works amazing

one clue is that mediainfo lite reports on some of them (originals) things like "Delay relative to video : 5 ms" could this be the cause, and if so using batch mode where would i put this?
Is this only happening in batch mode ??

Are you using CPU or GPU decoding ??

There is an option to change the "delay" of the audio track, BUT if it isn't a constant delay, this won't help.

If this isn't a regular occurrence, you might have to remux the video & audio tracks after the RipBot encode is completed.

Last edited by TDS; 15th November 2021 at 11:51.
Old 19th November 2021, 16:29   #19325  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:

I have this issue with 4K discs that join multiple m2ts files (at least as a few months ago) into the video file. Whenever I encounter a 4K with branching, then I just use MakeMKV to make a single MKV file from the multiple m2ts files and import that MKV into RB and do what I normally do. This AV sync issue does not happen with Blu-ray and only 4K.

I also might add, that it occurred when using distributed encoding, but I have not tested that in over a couple of years.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2021, 08:56   #19326  |  Link
fattestpizza

I've installed Ripbot on a new PC at home, and I'm having issues with it getting stuck when trying to open encoding servers. If I analyse the wait chain it's getsting stuck on rundll32.exe. If I close that process they start fine.
Also if I uninstall and reinstall avisynth+ the issue stops, but starts again when I reboot.

Any ideas?
fattestpizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2021, 11:03   #19327  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Uninstall GeForce experience.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2021, 12:59   #19328  |  Link
fattestpizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Uninstall GeForce experience.
Thanks, but I don't have it installed. Before the rundll32 issue though I was having problems with RadeonSoftware.exe also holding it up, but I disabled the Radeon utility and that got past that. I'll actually uninstall it to see how it goes.
For what it's worth I'm using a laptop with a Ryzen 5800H APU and an RTX 3060.
fattestpizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2021, 14:22   #19329  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Run windows in SAFE MODE
Old 22nd November 2021, 20:32   #19330  |  Link
MCFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKPN View Post
I've been having some issues recently with encodes hanging after completing the chunks. I use the batch encoder distributed among two servers (one on the main encoding PC and the other in a VM on my gaming PC). Sometimes the encodes will go through from start to finish and work properly, but other times the chunks will finish encoding and the window will disappear, but the step to combine and mux the files will not start. In task manager, the encoding window will sometimes show not responding..
I have the same problem, had it for some time now.
Have tried to use a clean install of windows and ripbot(as atak suggested), and used another computer as ripbot server. Still hangs randomly as you describe
Old 23rd November 2021, 05:11   #19331  |  Link
sapphiresky83

Hey all, I posted a few pages back but never had any replies, and so going to try once more.

Has anyone else run into the issue of a machine in your distributed encoding chain repeating the same chunks over and over again? I have 2 servers running on my desktop rig and they both will encode their assigned chunks, but then when they are finished, rather than grabbing the next in queue, they repeat the same chunks over that they already processed.

Here is a snipped from the activity logs of the encoding servers:

Encoding started...
""\\ROGSTRIX-Z390E\Ripbot264temp\Tools\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -loglevel panic -i "\\ROGSTRIX-Z390E\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\68.avs" -strict -1 -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "\\ROGSTRIX-Z390E\Ripbot264temp\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --seek 21 --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --opencl --opencl-device 0 --opencl-clbin "C:\Users\jjbut\AppData\Local\Temp\EncodingServer1\x264_lookahead.clbin" --crf 20 --fps 24000/1001 --force-cfr --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 1446 --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --b-pyramid none --stdin y4m --output "\\ROGSTRIX-Z390E\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\68.264" -"
y4m [info]: 1920x1080p 1:1 @ 24000/1001 fps (cfr)
x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX FMA3 BMI2 AVX2
x264 [info]: OpenCL acceleration enabled with NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.0, 4:2:0, 8-bit
[37.3%] 539/1446 frames, 28.23 fps, 9473.89 kbps, eta 0:00:32

[2021-11-22 23:02:32] Connection Closed Gracefully.

464|CLIENT -> SERVER| OK
465|CLIENT -> SERVER| GET_ENCODING_PROGRESS;SET_ENCODING_PRIORITY=belownormal;
466|CLIENT <- SERVER| OK
467|CLIENT <- SERVER| ENCODING_FINISHED
468|CLIENT -> SERVER| OK
469|CLIENT -> SERVER| GET_ENCODING_SUMMARY
470|CLIENT <- SERVER| OK
471|CLIENT <- SERVER| ENCODING_SUMMARY=192.168.0.245:1000 -> ERROR;CHUNK=68;CPU=94;RAM=33;DECODER=0;ENCODER=0;OTHER=94;ENCODING_PRIORITY=normal;
472|CLIENT -> SERVER| OK
473|CLIENT -> SERVER| STANDBY
474|CLIENT <- SERVER| OK
475|CLIENT <- SERVER| SERVER_IDLE
476|CLIENT -> SERVER| OK
477|CLIENT -> SERVER| ENCODE_CHUNK_68=\\ROGSTRIX-Z390E\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\68.cmd
478|CLIENT <- SERVER| OK
479|CLIENT <- SERVER| ENCODING_STARTED
480|CLIENT -> SERVER| OK
481|CLIENT -> SERVER| GET_ENCODING_PROGRESS;SET_ENCODING_PRIORITY=low;
482|CLIENT <- SERVER| OK
483|CLIENT <- SERVER| ENCODING_PROGRESS=192.168.0.245:1000 -> Initializing encoding process...;CHUNK=68;CPU=42;RAM=36;DECODER=0;ENCODER=0;OTHER=42;ENCODING_PRIORITY=normal;
484|CLIENT -> SERVER| OK
485|CLIENT -> SERVER| GET_ENCODING_PROGRESS;SET_ENCODING_PRIORITY=low;
486|CLIENT <- SERVER| OK
487|CLIENT <- SERVER| ENCODING_PROGRESS=192.168.0.245:1000 -> Initializing encoding process...;CHUNK=68;CPU=42;RAM=36;DECODER=0;ENCODER=0;OTHER=42;ENCODING_PRIORITY=normal;
488|CLIENT -> SERVER| OK
489|CLIENT -> SERVER| GET_ENCODING_PROGRESS;SET_ENCODING_PRIORITY=low;
490|CLIENT <- SERVER| OK
491|CLIENT <- SERVER| ENCODING_PROGRESS=192.168.0.245:1000 -> Initializing encoding process...;CHUNK=68;CPU=42;RAM=36;DECODER=0;ENCODER=0;OTHER=42;ENCODING_PRIORITY=normal;
492|CLIENT -> SERVER| OK
493|CLIENT -> SERVER| GET_ENCODING_PROGRESS;SET_ENCODING_PRIORITY=low;

I've gone through settings over and over, have reinstalled the software many times and the required/supporting software as well.

Somewhat recently the machine in question had Windows 10 reinstalled fresh. I've done this many times before and have never run into this particular issue before.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to assist!
sapphiresky83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2021, 15:20   #19332  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I suspect that encoder did not encode all frames. Encoding server always checks at the end if number of encoded frames match number of frames to encode. Checks 68.txt file located in chunks folder

Ps. Try again without opencl acceleration in x264.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 23rd November 2021 at 15:30.
Old 23rd November 2021, 18:42   #19333  |  Link
Dhry

Process next job with idle servers while prev job completes

Hi. Sorry, not sure if this has been asked before.

I have a render farm with several servers, some of which are nice and fast, others which aren't so fast. For any given job, I find that what happens is most of the servers complete their chunks of work, but then they all have to sit around twiddling their thumbs while the last one or two servers crunch their chunk before it's time to move on to the next job.

Is there a way to allow the idle servers to just move on to the next job in the queue and start their business, while the slow servers at the end of a job just finish what they're doing? If not there's a potential huge waste of idle server time toward the end of each job. See attached screenshot for example.

Cheers
Dhry
Attached Images

Dhry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2021, 20:47   #19334  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhry View Post

I have a render farm with several servers, some of which are nice and fast, others which aren't so fast. For any given job, I find that what happens is most of the servers complete their chunks of work, but then they all have to sit around twiddling their thumbs while the last one or two servers crunch their chunk before it's time to move on to the next job.

Is there a way to allow the idle servers to just move on to the next job in the queue and start their business, while the slow servers at the end of a job just finish what they're doing? If not there's a potential huge waste of idle server time toward the end of each job. See attached screenshot for example.

Cheers
Dhry
No...
Old 24th November 2021, 02:44   #19335  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhry View Post

Cheers
Dhry
This HAS been asked about before, and got the same answer as given in the previous post.....

However, you can enable a "sleep" function, that (when it works), puts the idle PC's to sleep, and then when the next job starts, the "sleeping" server(s) hopefully wake up, and start encoding.

I tried this not so long ago, and had limited success...it's just one of the problems when running so many servers, unfortunately.

I feel your pain.

Old 2nd December 2021, 10:12   #19336  |  Link
Sveni-go

Dolby Digital +

Hi,

Is there any way that Ripbot convert DTS in DD+ automatically ? or implemented in Audio
Sveni-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2021, 20:34   #19337  |  Link
FuzzyNutz

Windows Scaling and Dark Mode

Please make RB work well with Windows scaling and give us a dark mode.

Scaling is common for 4k display users and dark mode is the new norm for peeps in the know. Non-dark mode is so last century. "Once you go black, you never go back!"

-I'm aware the Windows compatibility high DPI scaling override setting "System (Enhanced)" for RB's executable file provides a decent workaround for most areas of RB's gui, but the lower window for bottom-right cropping on page 1 of the "AviSynth Filters" section as well as MPC become dysfunctional.

Last edited by FuzzyNutz; 5th December 2021 at 07:35.
FuzzyNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2021, 21:09   #19338  |  Link
FuzzyNutz

AAC vbr option

Please add an option for vbr (vs cbr) for AAC and the ability to choose the vbr number. For now, I manually edit the "jobX_EncodeAudioX" file to get vbr6.

An option to choose cbr numbers beyond 320 would be great, too.

-I understand 5.1 @ 320 and 2.0 @ 128 are transparent.

Last edited by FuzzyNutz; 5th December 2021 at 07:16.
Old 2nd December 2021, 21:16   #19339  |  Link
FuzzyNutz

Prepopulated user data for track descriptions

Please add, perhaps in the settings area, the ability for prepopulated user defined data for track descriptions. So, users don't have to manually enter often used descriptions. Each track type, (video, audio and subtitle), should have it's own prepopulated user defined descriptions list. Also, users should be able to control the order of the descriptions within the lists (vs the order being automatically alphabetical).

And make it so, if the description box for subtitle tracks is empty, nothing from the source file gets injected in the resulting track.

Last edited by FuzzyNutz; 5th December 2021 at 07:13.
Old 2nd December 2021, 21:40   #19340  |  Link
FuzzyNutz

More than just the core?

When a source containing a dts-ma track is loaded, RB displays a dts symbol above the top-right of the selected audio track. I hope that's not an indication RB is encoding from the core (vs the full dts-ma).

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360