Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 10th March 2021, 16:44   #1  |  Link
kpic

Adding subtitle track to UHD\4k Disc?

Adding subtitle track to UHD disc - not .mkv etc I know that can be done.

I checked on this a few years ago and at that time this was impossible with options available so wondering if there are any viable options now.

There are several 4k\UHD discs that are now available overseas but I doubt they will ever be available in US. These of course do not have an English subtitle track - I have the subtitle track but no way to insert it into the disc structure (that I know of) like I can add into Blu-ray.

I know there are ways now to get a UHD disc to my PC but to add a subtitle track to it is still unknown?

After researching, it seems that DVDFab has a program (about $15k!?) that can do this exactly and then the only other way is Blu-Disc Studio UHD to author the entire thing (about 3k). Although this option is much less expensive is it really needed to re-author the entire thing just to add a subtitle track, seems like overkill to me.

Am I missing anything?
kpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2021, 17:17   #2  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Have you tried the open source builds of TSmuxer GUI?

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176668

It's able to create 2k and 4K UHD Blu-ray compliant muxes along with the ability to add and/or remove audio tracks. And add/or subtitle tracks...
Old 10th March 2021, 17:43   #3  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Have you tried the open source builds of TSmuxer GUI?

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176668

It's able to create 2k and 4K UHD Blu-ray compliant muxes along with the ability to add and/or remove audio tracks. And add/or subtitle tracks...
Yes, but it can't inject AND keep original disc structure. You could try to make "movie only", then replace the m2ts file and clpi, Then run it through BD-RB to "fix" the disc... I used this method (long time ago) but instead of tsMuxer I used DVDFab first to make movie only. You can also fix alot of things in the latest version of BDedit that has support for UHD.. I don't think you can inject subs directly with BDedit though.. anyhow I managed to add subs to a UHD keeping menus and original disc structure but it was alot of trial and error. Anyone know of a better workflow, please advise..

//LD
Old 10th March 2021, 21:43   #4  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

That’s one of my long time wishes for BD Rebuilder.
A replace or add function to a full backup...
FilipeAmadeuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2021, 14:37   #5  |  Link
kpic

Well that is interesting that it is even possible without going to the 3k software at this point.

Lowdead; so your process was somewhat like this
Create a completed M2TS using the video\audio and added in subs (I assume you would use the folder option in the latest TSmuxer to get a matching clpi file) or use DVDFab to get the movie only folder.
Replace the M2TS and clpi file in the UHD (which we all know doing this alone does not result in a working disc)
I assume running through the latest BDRebuilder as a complete backup to 'fix the disc'

Possibility of latest BDedit (.50b?) to 'fix the disc' - I have checked that thread although I'm not sure any fool-proof method of doing this in there unless someone walks you through that.

I suppose I need to get one of these UHD discs to start practicing this method - I was not aware it had the same structure as Blu-ray disc? I thought it was completely different but I see now you mention M2TS, clpi etc that are all in a standard BR disc?
Old 11th March 2021, 15:01   #6  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

@kpic,

Out of interest... Is there any particular reason why you want to create 'full disc' back-ups and not 'main movie' only disc back-ups?
Old 11th March 2021, 17:16   #7  |  Link
kpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
@kpic,

Out of interest... Is there any particular reason why you want to create 'full disc' back-ups and not 'main movie' only disc back-ups?
Yes, I have all of my Blu-ray backups on NAS sent to my Oppo 203 (with custom firmware able to play ISO). I specifically went this more expensive route to be able to keep the same feel as my disc; with menus etc., as matter of fact quite often I will view the extras more than the main movie of a title.

Doesn't make much sense to me to upgrade some of my Blu-ray titles to 4k UHD version only to lose the menu I had with the Blu-ray version.
Old 11th March 2021, 17:58   #8  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpic View Post
Yes, I have all of my Blu-ray backups on NAS sent to my Oppo 203 (with custom firmware able to play ISO). I specifically went this more expensive route to be able to keep the same feel as my disc; with menus etc., as matter of fact quite often I will view the extras more than the main movie of a title.

Doesn't make much sense to me to upgrade some of my Blu-ray titles to 4k UHD version only to lose the menu I had with the Blu-ray version.
I also have an OPPO and store all my movie file back-ups on an NAS.

Personally I can't stand the faff of navigating through a discs menu, so I save the main movie into the .mkv container. But if there is a disc/movie with interesting extras, I'll save them as separate .mkv contained files...

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 11th March 2021 at 18:04.
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2021, 19:51   #9  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeAmadeuO View Post
That’s one of my long time wishes for BD Rebuilder.
A replace or add function to a full backup...
yes, that would be soooo nice

Quote:
Well that is interesting that it is even possible without going to the 3k software at this point.

Lowdead; so your process was somewhat like this
Create a completed M2TS using the video\audio and added in subs (I assume you would use the folder option in the latest TSmuxer to get a matching clpi file) or use DVDFab to get the movie only folder.
Replace the M2TS and clpi file in the UHD (which we all know doing this alone does not result in a working disc)
I assume running through the latest BDRebuilder as a complete backup to 'fix the disc'

Possibility of latest BDedit (.50b?) to 'fix the disc' - I have checked that thread although I'm not sure any fool-proof method of doing this in there unless someone walks you through that.

I suppose I need to get one of these UHD discs to start practicing this method - I was not aware it had the same structure as Blu-ray disc? I thought it was completely different but I see now you mention M2TS, clpi etc that are all in a standard BR disc?
You are completely right. although keep in mind that it was a long time ago I did this so I could remember wrong. You'll have to experiment a little.. But the method WILL work when done right. I'll see if I can recreate my steps and write back a complete guide.. Have patience though as I'm busy with other stuff this weekend..

//LD
Old 11th March 2021, 23:06   #10  |  Link
kpic

Thanks LD, ok I've got a UHD friendly drive (w\correct firmware to place on HDD) on order and suppose I'll select a 'victim' - I mean 'subject' 4k title now.

I'll post my results once I am up & running. Would be nice to get a potential workflow method to do this pinned down here as I have looked over a few threads dating back a few years with no resolution on if\how it would work out to the original poster At least this way we'd have a thread as a starting point.
Old 20th March 2021, 10:21   #11  |  Link
kpic

Ok time to update thread with status using the above outlined steps in practice.

Purchased a slim LG BU40N drive w\firmware 1.00 & 4k UHD movie w\Japanese language for testing, the movie has 2 audio tracks + Japanese subtitles, complete size of disc is 54.5gb.

Step 1 'Ripping' - Using DVDFab6 UHD copy ripped to HDD - Don't recall exactly how long but I think it was about 45-50min or so.

Step 2 'Playback on PC' - So at this point I wanted to view the ripped disc as a starting point to see what I was working with, I knew I would not be able to view in HDR etc as my monitor is not capable (LG Ultrawide WQHD 3440x1440) but with it at least ripped through DVDFab I didn't expect any issue at least playing it. I was wrong - PowerDVD20 gave me the titles apparently default 'This system not capable HDCP 2.2 etc. etc.' warning, it was in Japanese so I had to translate a bit but it was obvious. After that screen it would go blank and PowerDVD would freeze up. That was odd behavior to me as I thought DVDFab would decrypt and remove any requirement for this HDCP handshake. Thinking DVDFab didn't remove everything correctly I then tried AnyDVD, only to find out AnyDVD doesn't work w\the slim BU40N at all so that was out of the equation.

Step 2 'Continued' -Time to see if this is a PowerDVD issue; I got the trial of the current JRiver MC27 player. Now we are talking, it was able to go straight to the the intro title w\no HDCP error message and played fine. I was able to access the title menu and so-on just like a regular disc. The only thing I didn't like was unlike PowerDVD when right clicking on the playback screen it was unable to pull up any option to cycle or change the subtitle track or audio track, it did allow me to go to the disc menu and enable the subtitle track just like a regular disc, however this would be an issue for testing purposes as I needed to be able to easily cycle through the main title audio and subtitle options and language for each. Remember we are replacing the Japanese sub track with an English track but in future I thought I might also then be able to add in additional audio tracks so the ability to cycle through my audio options to see if they are really there was important.

Step 2 'Continued' - Ok, one last try of a PC player - This time I used DVDFab6 player. With it the title again showed me the HDCP 2.2 error warning screen but unlike PowerDVD after that it went straight into the intro screen and to the main title playback, I was able to access the title menu etc. no issue and most importantly it gave me the option while playing to cycle through the audio options (it showed 2 Japanese audio tracks) and subtitle options (1 Japanese sub track) - the only thing is it wasn't perfect; pulling up the main menu was a trial & error as it sometimes would lock up the player.

Step 3 TSMuxerGUI - At this point I at least had enough to attempt replacing the sub track with English track. Using version a50c2c5 I demuxed the original .m2ts giving me the video, 2 audio tracks and the PGS .sup track. From there I used those video\audio tracks and added my English subtitle track .sup and muxed into a 'Bluray Folder' I used the dropdowns to ensure the language of each track was Japanese for the audio and English for my subtitle track - testing the .m2ts through MPC showed the correct 2 audio tracks and my english subtitle and they were correctly labeled with their language ID.

Step 4 'Replace' - I made a full separate test version of my original title folder on another HDD (titled 'Test Version') as this way I could keep the original version intact and test with this new copy so no need to re-rip again if I mess up. I then re-named the .m2ts in my BR Folder from TSMuxer to '00001' as this matches the .m2ts in the original folder, I did the same to the .clpi file re-naming it '00001' to match the original. A simple 'copy-replace' to my test folder respective folders then took place.

Step 5 'Fix with BDRB' - Obtained the most recent version (6121) wasn't sure if this was required as my current version was 6116 but wanted to make sure I had the newest version just in case changes to UHD were made. Loaded up my test version folder and set the options to the 50gb output and of course full backup (not movie only). Compressing down to the Dual Layer mark was always the plan for me anyway as I might want to try and make a working disc at some point - I have an Oppo 203 for use and though I have the modified firmware to play ISO I'm pretty sure it can't play a BD-XL disc as most player cannot (read up on all that for further information) so a full UHD sized backup to disc is not possible. My ISO version of course I could keep as full sized if I wanted. I'm not compressing down too much anyway (54gb to about 40gb or so) so no big deal but for a 66gb UHD title it might be more of an issue? Alright, loaded into BDRB and 'convert' - and wait, it tells me it'll be about 13-14 hours. No problem, time for bed then work so I'll check on it later.

Step 6 'Success! Kind of' - Ok, everything looks good as BDRB finished up and gave me a final sized version of 42.5gb (remember the original is 54.5gb). Now to test; JRiver was up first and it went same as before; no warning screen right to the intro title then to main movie title. It was playing everything fine but of course no subtitles yet on main movie (remember I can't right click and enable them) so to the pop-up menu disc I go and and enable the subtitle track (it's in Japanese of course but luckily I know the subtitle enable selection from testing) and back to the main movie and success! Instead of the Japanese sub track playing here is my English sub track playing all synced up and good. Ok, DVDFab player up next; Again same as before with the HDCP warning screen then onto the intro and finally the title track. Again no subs as default, but here I am able to right click to bring up a option menu and choose the subtitle track, it was labeled 'Japanese' and not 'English' but selecting it did in-fact bring up the English subs and they played fine here as well. Now that was a bit disappointing as I thought it would show up as 'English' but this information must be somewhere else besides the .clpi file (maybe in the playlist?) anyway I recalled that this had happed on occasion with regular Bluray titles and I had to use BDEdit to 'rename' the sub track from Japanese to English. I don't encounter it often though as most of what I do is authoring and of course there I set to the language I want. Just for a kick I tried my PowerDVD as well not expecting much but this time after the HDCP warning title it went into the intro title! (remember it would freeze up here previously) so not sure if BDRB was able to fix that up as well but that was a head-scratcher. Anyway in PowerDVD it uses a right click option menu as well and like with DVDFab I was able to enable the subtitle track here (it also showed it as Japanese) and it played no issue.

Step 7 'Now what?' - Well further testing should take place from this point. I think the next step is to find a way to rename that Japanese subtitle track to the correct English. I'm thinking BDEdit may be able to do this as it did with regular non-UHD titles. But I'm not sure if the old version I have will work with UHD, regardless over at the BDEdit page I se a new version (50b) is supposed to handle UHD all it takes to get it is a small donation (I'd gladly do that). At that point I'll hopefully be able to rename to correct the language. Also I might need BDEdit anyway as some point I'd like to add into the disc 2 additional audio tracks for a total of four up from the original 2 and I think I'd need BDEdit to tell it 'I now have 4 audio tracks instead of 2' - however if you have ever used BDEdit this might take a bit of trial & error, it can be daunting.

Step 8 'Further, further testing' - After I get the above title playing correctly with the subs renamed to correct language and the 2 new audio tracks added into it I think it might be a good idea to replicate the results with another title. One interesting thing was that this title already had a subtitle track and I was just replacing it (in this case Japanese to English) I wonder what would happen if I started with a title that didn't have any original sub track? I mean in theory it shouldn't matter much (it doesn't with a regular BR) as my newly inserted sub track is still there and with a few quick BDEdit edits I can even have it turn on automatically but I wonder if UHD would be the same result?

Ok, for now there it is - I'm off to more testing with a hopefully new BDEdit 50b version and see where that gets me.
Old 21st March 2021, 18:35   #12  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Great write-up.. I haven't yet had the time to begin my tests.. I have a distant memory of being able to "retain" the English tag on the track. Hmm I wonder if I also did copy the index or the movieObject file.. ghaa I should have written down my steps before. Oh also remember to copy clpi to backup/clipinfo/ folder.. before "fix" with bdrb..

//LD
Old 21st March 2021, 20:19   #13  |  Link
kpic

Further updating..... The very nice Pel was able to provide me with BDedit 50b5 after a small donation. This is not a guide on using BDedit, I assume you can get to some of the stuff I am discussing here done (or just ask if you can't).

Step 9 'BDedit to the rescue!' - Anyway I loaded up my UHD test version and went to the Clipinfo tab, as suspected it showed all 3 of my subtitle tracks (I added 3 English sub tracks that are a bit different from each other, as this was to be my torture test to see if I could do it) now remember when playing the Test UHD it displayed only 1 sub track and it was still titled Japanese, this is an attempt to fix that before I go into further testing. So the Clipinfo now confirms what is supposed to be there (not really a surprise as you'll recall I pasted it over from the compiled file from TSmuxerGUI).

Step 9.5 'BDedit to the rescue PT2' - Now to get the title itself to recognize what is there and display it (what I needed BDedit for). I went to the Playlist tab and ensured I was on the right playlist (0001) if you're not sure it's easy to tell the main movie as it'll have the additional audio tracks, sub tracks and you'll see the length of time for the main movie. Ok, confirmed here as well what I'm seeing; it shows for my main movie that I have 2 audio tracks (AU) and 1 subtitle track (PG) and the 1 sub track has the attrib of 'JPN'. So that is easy enough to change to 'ENG', but it only recognized 1 of the 3 sub tracks, so next I needed to add the other 2 - not that difficult; simply look to the right and you'll see the '+' and '-' buttons, so I pressed the '+' twice to add the 2 tracks ensure to give them both the correct language and their 'mPID' should be in order, so for me it was '12A0' (that is the 1st track) and then '12A1 & 12A2' for the next 2 tracks. BTW if you are adding audio tracks it would go similair, and though I am adding multiple subtitle tracks I can see someone adding multiple audio tracks more often so the process is basically the same. I mention this ID (12A0 etc.) not to confuse you but for me when I selected the '+' to add the extra tracks it did not go in order, I think it jumped from '12A0' to '12A4', I'm not sure if it matters but I think it would. If you are unsure I just made sure to match the PID of the sub tracks that you'll see over in the Clipinfo tab. Once you are done tinkering be sure to 'save'!

Step 10 'Time to playback on PC.. again' - Now to see if the title is recognizing the changes. Fire up my 2 players (DVDFab6 & PowerDVD - JRiver would be exempt from this because if you recall when I used it I had to go to the discs menu and 'turn on' the sub track and that it did, it did not allow me to cycle through the available tracks or to even see the language) and let's see what they show! DVDFab 6 is first.... and sure enough when playing the title a right click to bring up a context menu and there it is; 'Subtitle: 1 - English, 2 - English, 3 -English'. Just to be sure I brought each up for a few minutes to make sure it cycled through and got the correct sub track (remember I made each one a little different so I can be assured it actually took all 3 tracks) and bingo, all 3 tracks are not only presented and accounted for but in the correct order I had them way back when I made the original m2ts in TSMuxer. PowerDVD is back to square one; in my previous test after the BDrb 'fix' it played it fine well no-go this time. I don't think I messed anything up I just think PowerDVD is quite fragile for right now, perhaps I'll need to further test there.

Step 11 'Auto turn-on the subtitle track' - Ok, now that was out of the way, all 3 of my sub tracks are present and showing correctly let's see if I can get the sub track #1 to turn on automatically when playing! Remember this is a Japanese title for Japanese audience so the sub track does not come on by default. I mean who wants to use the remote to manually cycle through the subtitle tracks to turn it on while playing that's way to time-consuming! And if 10 year-old me would have heard me say that as he was the household TV 'channel changer' he would slap me (only the older of us will get any of that reference there).

Step 11 'So back in BDedit...' - Ok, I have done this in standard BR no problem, I know to add the command in BDedit to turn on the subs or a specific audio track (there are small guides on how to do this, but again assuming you got this far means you have some basic understanding of how to work with BDedit). Now this is under the 'BDMV' tab when you pull up the correct title you'll see where to add the commands in the lower right hand box. And though sometimes it takes some trial and error to find where exactly to place the command I usually enter it just prior to the 'Play' command. The problem being unlike the standard BR (I have this title in BR and I already have it set to default on) that has 18 commands for the title #1 this UHD had 450! Yes, 450 commands for that one. If trying any of this you'll want to make another copy of the complete folder to try this as I did, you could break something in here for sure. Ok, back so some trial-error of playing in DVDFab and see if the subs default on and nothing... nothing...nothing... Now someone more well-versed in this area of BDedit probably knows exactly where to go to do this, but I ain't too smart and I ain't well-versed enough so trial and error for me. I will say up to this point I had a scary idea of UHD and it's structure but so far it has been pretty much standard fare if you're used to working with BD structures. That changed here, all these commands to 'move' and 'jump' wow, way different in here than a regular BR. Anyway back to the point; I eventually found it; it was in the HDMV Object 007 and referred to the MovieObject.bdm #008. Oddly it was the one with only 4 commands and the least intimidating, a simple add in command prior to the 'Play' command for sub default 'on' , a test with DVDFab and there you go... subs turn on by default!

Step 12 'More testing?' - Yes, next up I have 2 additional audio tracks I can add into this title as well, I also have some English subtitles I did for the trailers so I can add those in and edit away. That would mean I added in 2 subtitle tracks (1 replaced the OEM Japanese track), 2 (additional) audio tracks and over on the trailers sub tracks for those as well, at that point it'll match exactly my current standard BR of the title except this one in 4k (menus of course intact).

Step 13 'After all that' - I think next up would be run-off a 50gb disc and see if it plays ok in my Oppo 203 (I think it should be fine) although now that I think about it I may need to run it through BDrb again as those 2 additional tracks could create a 'too large' version. And then get a few more 4k titles and play around with those to see if I can replicate the ideas posted here on different titles.

I have to say though a very special thank you to 'LowDead' in this thread for saying he was able to do it so that gave me the thought that the 'idea' would work. And further his using BDrb to 'fix' the title afterwards, I never-ever would have come up with that on my own at all! And that also was the inspiration to putting a little bit of a 'guide' here in case anyone else needs it, I am so thankful for the Doom9 forum users for helping me through the many years I thought it was the minimum I could do to give back to the other users who may find this thread.
Old 21st March 2021, 20:22   #14  |  Link
kpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDead View Post
Oh also remember to copy clpi to backup/clipinfo/ folder.. before "fix" with bdrb..

//LD
Oops, I definitely did NOT do that! Does it matter now? I always thought the backup folder was just that a 'backup' it does not interfere in playback etc? Can I copy over my fixed .clpi file now?
Old 21st March 2021, 23:47   #15  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
Oops, I definitely did NOT do that! Does it matter now? I always thought the backup folder was just that a 'backup' it does not interfere in playback etc? Can I copy over my fixed .clpi file now?
I'm not sure but I *think* when there is a mismatch that the backup is used.. Someone with knowledge about this, please correct me

Also, I got inspired reading your guide so I couldn't help myself starting up a project..

So far I have done the following:

1. Finetuned and export subtitles to BD Sup with Subtitle Edit.
2. Used tsMuxer to mux a movie only folder. Added original chapters and set english subtitle to enabled.
3. Copied and replaced xxxx.m2ts to stream folder and xxxx.clpi to the clipinfo folder and also to the backup/clipinfo/ folder.
4. Run the disc through BDRB reducing to BD50.

Now waiting for the encode to finish and I'm off to bed.. I'll continue tomorrow..

//LD
Old 25th March 2021, 03:28   #16  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

@kpic: I have solved it... But struggling with BDedit to set the default streams.. could you please tell how you did? So far i'm manipulating the setstream command but can't get it to work.

//LD
Old 25th March 2021, 15:40   #17  |  Link
kpic

LD; Not sure what part you are on - were you able to get the title to play at all with the inserted subtitles? Or maybe it sounds like you are trying to get them to auto default 'on'?

For my title it had already a subtitle track so I basically just had to replace the Japanese sub track with English track, so testing after that was easy - I didn't have to tell it to add a brand new track. But I'm thinking once you edit in BDedit you should be able to instruct the title to use the enclosed sub track.
Old 25th March 2021, 16:24   #18  |  Link
kpic

LD; Ok, so not sure what part might help you so I made a little screen grab of the process in BDedit (assuming you are using the newest BDedit 050b5) - This also might help others who are trying to do the same thing in BDedit. I had to shrink the image size down a bit so hopefully this can be seen;

In the 'clipinf' screen I just make sure I am in the right movie (this should correspond to the main movie or the track you added to earlier) in this case it is my main movie title and you can see the 3 added-in subtitle tracks; Id as 'PG' and the numbers as shown 12A0 etc. You should also see any added-in audio tracks on this screen as well. I just used this to ensure the actual clip information was correct, if you are not showing the added subs\audio here something was messed up, so this is like a confirmation screen for me.

https://forum.doom9.org/attachment.p...1&d=1616682988

Next I go to the 'Playlist' tab. Here when I first started there was only 1 sub track and it indicated as 'Jpn' for Japanese. So if you are adding a sub track where none existed prior you should go to the '+' button and add a track here, for me I was adding 2 more sub tracks so I pressed it twice and you'll see it come up like this screen. Make sure you are on the 'PG' entry for subtitles. The lower arrow was where I changed it to 'Eng" for language and I made sure that '12A0' matched to what was in the clipinf screen (remember for me when I added they didn't match exactly). You'll also not the 'AU' button with '2' and that is where you would go if you are changing\adding the audio track(s).

Once all that is done be sure to 'save' as the revisions won't take place if you did not save it to the title.

At this point you should be able to play your movie with the inserted corrected language sub\audio track and if you can't something is wrong.

Now for the more advanced if you want to have your subtitle default to the 'on' position when the title plays we need to go to the 'BDMV' screen. BTW I have never been able to get a BD-Java title to do this (you'll know if you have one as it will say 'loading' or something like that between screens) now it may be possible with that type as I see the 'BDJO' tab in BDedit but I'm not sure what does what in there.

Here is the BDMV screen, it is the most confusing to me. Now someone more talented than I or PEL himself could tell us what one of these is the main movie but I always had to trial & error a bit here. Anyway here in this screen to the left you can pick the title number but again I don't think this corresponds to the title back in the Playlist tab and your m2ts or at least it never has for me. I know that left screen interacts with the upper right portion as you go through the titles you'll see it changes the upper right, but they are also independent of each other (changing the upper right number does not change the title number) so that's why it is always confusing to me.

What I do with regular blu-ray titles is search for the 'Play' command and I insert the 'Set' command prior to that, usually not too difficult as on a regular BR the commands are not that much (like I said in the regular BR of this title it has at most 18 commands per number) in this one you can see the commands; 500+, 400+!! Oddly after some trial & error I found the correct 'Play" command (you'll come across a few so that is where trial & error comes in) in the number 8 slot with 4 commands. So just prior to that 'Play' command I'll press the '+' button and add the line to turn the subs on. Once highlighted I go to the bottom and select 'set' - setsystem - setstream', both should be set to 'IMM' and in the top box enter in '49153' the lower box should be '0' (if I wanted my #2 sub track to default on I would enter '49154', and #3 '49155' and so-on). Don't worry now that I have re-loaded it the '49153' has changed to a completely different number, it'll assign it once it is 'saved' so if you look later the number will be different.

Ok, ensure you select the 'save' button and there you go on to trial it. If you did this correctly and set your command just prior to the right 'Play' for the title when you start it your subs should come 'on' by default. And at this point if they do not (and you don't have a BDJava title) you have something wrong or likely entered the command prior to the wrong 'Play' command. This is where the trial & error part comes in for me and why I make sure to use the software player for testing, and that goes all the way back to one of my first goals for this.

Hopefully that all goes well for you!
Attached Images

Old 26th March 2021, 23:41   #19  |  Link
no-one

Try BD Wizard.

Supported formats:
Supports H264 (AVC) and H265 (HEVC) video.
All possible Audio like: AC3, DTS, DTS-HD.
Subtitles in standard BD format like BDN_XML.

BD Wizard permanent license, 499 EUR
BD Wizard 1 year subscription, 99 EUR

https://dvd-logic.com/bd_wizard

Last edited by no-one; 27th March 2021 at 00:01.
no-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2021, 21:13   #20  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-one View Post
Try BD Wizard.

Supported formats:
Supports H264 (AVC) and H265 (HEVC) video.
All possible Audio like: AC3, DTS, DTS-HD.
Subtitles in standard BD format like BDN_XML.

BD Wizard permanent license, 499 EUR
BD Wizard 1 year subscription, 99 EUR

https://dvd-logic.com/bd_wizard
it doesn't have the functions needed.. You have to create your own menu.. We want to use the original disc structure including original menu..