Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13th August 2015, 20:10   #2141  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Hi there guys. I got a problem to report after upgrading to the lastest nightly in order to try the new audio renderer.

EVR-CP stutters when a combination of LAV Video DXVA2-CB and VSync enabled is used. Steps to reproduce:
  1. Start with default settings, on lastest x64 nightly.
  2. Go to LAV Video settings and enable DXVA-CB.
  3. Go to renderer settings and enable VSync.
  4. Play something with lots of panning scenes.

It seems that with DXVA Native it also stutters, but a lot less. Using the builds provided here I have located the first nightly that has the issue:
  • mpc-hc64 1.7.9.6: OK, no stuttering.
  • mpc-hc64 1.7.9.14: BAD, stuttering.

Looking at the log history, several changes were made to EVR-CP between those revisions, so probably one of those caused the issue.

If you need more info or testing let me know. Specs in sig. I'll open a ticket too.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2015, 23:12   #2142  |  Link
krille

Is there any way to use the new audio renderer in another player?
krille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 01:34   #2143  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by krille View Post
Highly doubtful since it's part of the program and not a loose component, but it is open source so you you do have access to the source code...
Stereodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 09:56   #2144  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by krille View Post
Yes, link below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Highly doubtful since it's part of the program and not a loose component, but it is open source so you you do have access to the source code...
Should've looked a bit closer :P

https://github.com/alexmarsev/sanear/releases
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 11:42   #2145  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Should've looked a bit closer :P

https://github.com/alexmarsev/sanear/releases
Guess so...
Stereodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 20:17   #2146  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
Hi there guys. I got a problem to report after upgrading to the lastest nightly in order to try the new audio renderer.

EVR-CP stutters when a combination of LAV Video DXVA2-CB and VSync enabled is used. Steps to reproduce:
  1. Start with default settings, on lastest x64 nightly.
  2. Go to LAV Video settings and enable DXVA-CB.
  3. Go to renderer settings and enable VSync.
  4. Play something with lots of panning scenes.

It seems that with DXVA Native it also stutters, but a lot less. Using the builds provided here I have located the first nightly that has the issue:
  • mpc-hc64 1.7.9.6: OK, no stuttering.
  • mpc-hc64 1.7.9.14: BAD, stuttering.

Looking at the log history, several changes were made to EVR-CP between those revisions, so probably one of those caused the issue.

If you need more info or testing let me know. Specs in sig. I'll open a ticket too.
Found the culprit. v1.7.9.9 is fine, v1.7.9.10 is not. This commit is the cause.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2015, 19:58   #2147  |  Link
nussman

The new sanear Audiorenderer works great here (DVBViewer, LiveTV). Thanks for your work.

Any chance to add some Options (Buffer size, exclusive Mode on/off) to the Audiorenderer directly?
For external application this would be a better solution.
nussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 02:01   #2148  |  Link
thrawnrulz68

Karaoke .kar files

Hi guys,

Is there a way to view karaoke MIDI lyrics in MPC-HC?

I installed the karaoke for DirectX filter from this link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/karaoke-dx/

Karaoke files now play perfectly with the lyrics displayed in RealTimes 18 and Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10. However, all MPC-HC does is crash. Is there a way to fix this? Or is there a way to make .kar lyrics display using LAV filters?

I attached a sample .kar file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bohemian.zip (27.1 KB, 67 views)
thrawnrulz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 14:32   #2149  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
I have asked similar question in the madVR thread, but didn't got an answer, but maybe this is the right place to ask.

So, I'm using (more than that I have modded it to add 2 more buttons for subtitle delays, and small other mods ) Remoti.co on Android to remote control mpc-hc.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emote&hl=en_GB
It communicates generally through the provided WebUI and with the command numbers.

Can I send standard window messages (like WM_COMMAND) to MadVR through MPC_HC through it's webinterface?
I'd like to change the input level (CRTL+SHIFT+ALT+I) remotely.
I tried to capture the hotkeys (CTRL+J, CRTL+SHIFT+ALT+I , etc) in WindowDetective , but mpc-hc doesn't have a clue about them.

I took a quick look in the mpc-hc source (WebServer.cpp and WebClientSocket.cpp), and the implementation would be easy IF mpc-hc could talk to madVR somehow.
What does the CGI field means in the Web server setting, and how can I use it?
Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 19:12   #2150  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I believe it refers to the "Common Gateway Interface", a way to communicate with applications on the server. Some script languages like Perl or PHP may be used as CGI service (among other ways to use them). I believe that configuring CGI handlers means to describe in which server path the interpreter for which script format, according to its filename extension, is located.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 00:08   #2151  |  Link
JarrettH

On our way to 1.8 soon?
JarrettH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 00:16   #2152  |  Link
Snowknight26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
On our way to 1.8 soon?
Every commit we're one commit closer to the next version, but who cares what number it is?
Snowknight26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 09:55   #2153  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
I believe it refers to the "Common Gateway Interface", a way to communicate with applications on the server. Some script languages like Perl or PHP may be used as CGI service (among other ways to use them). I believe that configuring CGI handlers means to describe in which server path the interpreter for which script format, according to its filename extension, is located.
Thanks, but I'm familiar with the concept (I'm a stupid php programmer ), I thought maybe somebody used it already.
I'll try it out during the weekend.
Old 22nd August 2015, 16:51   #2154  |  Link
akim

1.Internal Audio Renderer wasapi exclusive - stutters
2.Internal Audio Renderer wasapi exclusive and madvr -when connecting an external audio track for a long time thinking, or a black screen and silence.
Win 7 64bit audigy Rx mpc-hc 1.7.9.145
akim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:37   #2155  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

what is the difference between MPC-HC's ISR and XySubFilter ?
i mean in Quality
Old 22nd August 2015, 19:09   #2156  |  Link
Trevonn

When was DXVA2 Native playback enabled for HEVC?

Source

Trevonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2015, 20:06   #2157  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayra View Post
what is the difference between MPC-HC's ISR and XySubFilter ?
i mean in Quality
Both can render at display resolution so there should be no visible difference. Performance can differ (sometimes XySubFilter is faster, sometimes ISR) and some bugs are different. Differences are mainly relevant for ASS subtitles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevonn View Post
When was DXVA2 Native playback enabled for HEVC?
Wasn't it "always" available? Is your sample 8 bit? Current internal LAV does not allow HEVC 10 bit using DXVA2 native but external nightly already has it activated. So it should be available in MPC-HC in the near future if the renderer supports it.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2015, 20:47   #2158  |  Link
Trevonn

Yeah you're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Wasn't it "always" available? Is your sample 8 bit? Current internal LAV does not allow HEVC 10 bit using DXVA2 native but external nightly already has it activated. So it should be available in MPC-HC in the near future if the renderer supports it.
Yeah my source was 8-bit I just checked with my anime 10-bit source I still need dxva-cb to play that back using hardware acceleration. It's nice to know I won't need to do that soon though thanks.

Last edited by Trevonn; 22nd August 2015 at 20:48. Reason: missed out word
Trevonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2015, 21:52   #2159  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevonn View Post
Yeah my source was 8-bit I just checked with my anime 10-bit source I still need dxva-cb to play that back using hardware acceleration. It's nice to know I won't need to do that soon though thanks.
dxva is bad for anime and hi10p
Old 23rd August 2015, 19:07   #2160  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Thanks, but I'm familiar with the concept (I'm a stupid php programmer ), I thought maybe somebody used it already.
I'll try it out during the weekend.
So, I managed to do it (talk to MadVR), it wasn't hard at all, but there's a caveat (see at the end).
I'm using Windows Host Script (which comes with newer Windows, >Win7, I think), which should be run with 'cscript.exe':
- cgi script receives 1 url encoded argument (the keystroke), url decode it, then send it to the foreground application.

MPC-HC web interface setup:
- x Serve pages from: ./webroot
(we don't have to change Default page value (default is: 'index.html;index.php'))
- CGI handlers: '.vbs=c:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe'

Save this into file called 'sendkeys.vbs' in 'webroot' subdirectory of directory of MPC-HC (you don't have to deploy anything else to here, all the other pages will be served as well if you need them). The file extension does matter!
Code:
'!c:/windows/system32/cscript //nologo
' Toggle source level in MadVR (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+i = ^+%i = %5e%2b%25i)
' get shell object
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
' get Process array that includes the query string
Set wshUserEnv = WshShell.Environment("Process")
' urldecode querystring
param = unescape(wshUserEnv("QUERY_STRING"))
' send keystroke
WshShell.SendKeys param
' delete used objects
Set wshUserEnv = Nothing
Set WshShell   = Nothing
' quit script with exit code 0
Wscript.Quit 0
You can try it out from a different computer or from a smartphone by calling this URL (you should modify the IP/port):
Code:
http://192.168.1.6:13579/sendkeys.vbs?%5e%2b%25i
Issues:
- since it can only send keystrokes to the foreground application, and I don't include a check whether it is MPC-HC (i tried, and it worked, but it was so slow, that the whole thing became unusable), so you can get some funky stuff

Good thing:
- it won't kick out MadVR from Fullscreen Exclusive mode

Can I have a feature request to implement this sendkeys feature into MPC-HC's web interface itself? (if it's not hard to do.) In that way we can circumvent the foreground limitation.

PS: So I finished modifying Remoti.co Lite Android app (without having the source code, just some silly skinning remained), if somebody interested in it, I can upload it somewhere.
- added 2 buttons for subtitle delay
- added 1 button to change source level with MadVR
- fixed and refactored the after playback entries
- modded the default skip interval from 5 sec to 10 sec
- switched the size and location of the FF/RW with PrevTrack/NextTrack buttons in portrait mode, since we use them more frequently
- added new skin(s)

Last edited by chros; 23rd August 2015 at 19:24.
chros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dxva, media player classic, mpc, mpc-hc