Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 2nd August 2020, 10:30   #41  |  Link
gmail123

hq/vdsr model,a lot of Mosquito noise,how to get rid of?...
gmail123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2020, 08:46   #42  |  Link
hungryeyes

thank goodness for this script. I've been trying to get waifu2x to work without having to write temporary files (am noob) and this looks like it will work way better. I'm particularly anxious to see how it will handle old DVDs with interlacing.
hungryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:06   #43  |  Link
Alexkral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryeyes View Post
I'm particularly anxious to see how it will handle old DVDs with interlacing.
Interlaced content is not supported, you'll have to deinterlace first.
Alexkral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2020, 21:57   #44  |  Link
hungryeyes

some of the first ai upscalers started as deinterlacing filters, such as nnedi. odd scanlines were interpolated, and since the result was quite nice, it led to use as a general upscaler. anyway, a lot of damage can still happen when trying to go progressive, so my idea is to AI upscale THEN deinterlace to try and eek out as much detail as possible. something like SeperateFields->AiUpscale->Weave->QTGMC. the question is- will the trained model perform when fed half-height photos, or is even more processing required.
hungryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2020, 23:09   #45  |  Link
Alexkral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryeyes View Post
something like SeperateFields->AiUpscale->Weave->QTGMC. the question is- will the trained model perform when fed half-height photos, or is even more processing required.
From my very limited experience with interlaced content, I'd say that should work fine.
Old 4th August 2020, 07:01   #46  |  Link
markiemarcus

All seems to be working really well. Regarding the dither problem you'd mentioned in the Avisynth Shader thread, does the usual high bit depth approach work around this? For example:

ConvertBits(16)
AiUpscale(luma="vdsr",Chroma="KrigBilateral",mode="illustration")
ConvertBits(8, dither=-1)
markiemarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2020, 08:32   #47  |  Link
Alexkral

Processing is done at 16 bit depth anyway, but if the input is 8 bit, the output is converted to 8 bit (without dithering) in the script before returning it. If the input is 16 bit, so is the output, but the transfer to the GPU is slower.

The problem is that AviSynth Shader uses ordered dithering when converting to 8 bit on the GPU before returning the result, so the conversion cannot be done this way which would be faster.
Old 4th August 2020, 09:21   #48  |  Link
markiemarcus

Yes that's definitely a nuisance; there are often times where you need additional processing post upscale and having dither baked like that isn't ideal.

Just to clarify though, passing 16-bit to AIUpscale like this, even though it offers no quality benefits and is slower, doesn't add dither?
Old 4th August 2020, 10:40   #49  |  Link
Alexkral

Dithering is for bit depth reduction only, so no. I could add an option to return 16 bit for an 8 bit input in the next release.
Old 4th August 2020, 11:06   #50  |  Link
markiemarcus

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. It's actually no real biggie for me given there's some HBD processing going on before and afterwards, but I'm sure that such an extra option might be useful for some.

Many thanks again for your hard work. The results are really impressive and it's considerably faster than every other NN upscaler I've tried. It's just so useful being able to modify the denoising on-the-fly to get the best out of it.
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:42   #51  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Thanx for this, it looks really interesting
Just set up a completeley fresh win10/64 (2004), installed avisynth+ and Avisynthshader, put all the files in ".....\avisynth+\plugins+", loaded up Virtualdub64..

First, I had to get rid of shader.dll, otherwise VD2 was complaining about "not loading 32bit plugin into 64bit avisynth"...

Now I get. "There is no function named 'convertToShader'", refering to 4 lines in aiupscaler.avsi..

Can you help me on this one please?
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2020, 00:46   #52  |  Link
Alexkral

For VirtualDub2 x64 you need AviSynth Shader x64 and AiUpscale in the plugins64 folder, default is \AviSynth+\plugins64+
Old 25th August 2020, 09:31   #53  |  Link
gmail123

any plan to add denoise filter?
Old 25th August 2020, 11:04   #54  |  Link
markiemarcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
Thanx for this, it looks really interesting
Just set up a completeley fresh win10/64 (2004), installed avisynth+ and Avisynthshader, put all the files in ".....\avisynth+\plugins+", loaded up Virtualdub64..

First, I had to get rid of shader.dll, otherwise VD2 was complaining about "not loading 32bit plugin into 64bit avisynth"...

Now I get. "There is no function named 'convertToShader'", refering to 4 lines in aiupscaler.avsi..

Can you help me on this one please?
I had the same issue. Was solved by specifying the absolute directory of the Shaders folder in line 110 of AIUpscale. For example:

Global Path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\Shaders"

There's no need to delete shader.dll.
Old 25th August 2020, 12:39   #55  |  Link
Alexkral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmail123 View Post
any plan to add denoise filter?
There are already plenty of denoise filters in AviSynth that can be used in a better way than an embedded filter.
Old 27th August 2020, 21:29   #56  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexkral View Post
For VirtualDub2 x64 you need AviSynth Shader x64 and AiUpscale in the plugins64 folder, default is \AviSynth+\plugins64+
Thanx. I copied the content of avisynthsader 1.6.6 zip into plugins64+, as well as the content of aiupscale. Thatīs what I did before what gave the error. I missed be missing something else.
Old 27th August 2020, 21:34   #57  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemarcus View Post
I had the same issue. Was solved by specifying the absolute directory of the Shaders folder in line 110 of AIUpscale. For example:

Global Path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+\Shaders"

There's no need to delete shader.dll.
Thank you. Changed the path, but still get:

"canot load 32.. in 64..: "c:/program..... /avisynth+/plugins64+/shader.dll".

Somehow it always tries to load shader.dll

If I remove shader.dll from the plugins+ folder, leaving everythnig else as it is (including shader-x64.dll), I get:

"avisynth open failure: Script Erro: There is no function named "converttoshader", followed by the mentioning of four lines of the aiupscale.avsi skript...

seems the error is the same as before
Old 28th August 2020, 01:09   #58  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
If I remove shader.dll from the plugins+ folder, leaving everythnig else as it is (including shader-x64.dll), I get:

"avisynth open failure: Script Erro: There is no function named "converttoshader", followed by the mentioning of four lines of the aiupscale.avsi skript...

seems the error is the same as before
shader-x64.dll should be all you need to get rid of that error. It looks like it's not autoloading. Try moving it out of the autoload directory and explicitly loading with LoadPlugin()

If it still does not work, try cleaning out the plugins directory. Maybe some conflicting .dlls
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2020, 18:45   #59  |  Link
gmail123

please add vdsl/hq/hq hard.glsl,thx.
Old 5th September 2020, 18:46   #60  |  Link
gmail123

import to vs