Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 23rd February 2022, 18:38   #201  |  Link
jpsdr

Finaly sooner than expected, new version, see first post.
Old 1st September 2022, 20:05   #202  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsdr View Post
Finaly sooner than expected, new version, see first post.
Please have a look at descale.

Is the b & c assignment of any help when downsizing to native resolution?

If positive, would you please add them?

Edit: I tried descale and it’s nice to play with them to have the wanted result.

Last edited by tormento; 1st September 2022 at 22:49.
tormento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2022, 18:42   #203  |  Link
jpsdr

I just took a quick look, but... I think... it basicaly does what my Desampling functions are doing. Just he computes a different matrix a different way, maybe producing smaller matrix and so maybe faster.
I'll will not work on this, as i've allready done Desampling functions, which are, from my point of view (after, i may be wrong...), the same thing.

Edit
Ok, looking at the other thread, it's doing the same thing, but with a different method.
But, still not planning to add this to my projects.

Last edited by jpsdr; 3rd September 2022 at 06:49.
jpsdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2022, 15:10   #204  |  Link
jpsdr

New version, see first post.
Old 26th February 2023, 12:33   #205  |  Link
jpsdr

Old 27th February 2023, 00:03   #206  |  Link
DTL

Same idea as in the https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynth...ent-1443754965 - add also user control for 'support' of UserDefined2ResizeMT as it was found make significant changes to processing result. At least in the range from current 2.0 to 3. So it recommended to add one more control param 'support' or 's' and use it as 'support()' kernel class return value to resampler's program (line https://github.com/jpsdr/ResampleMT/...nctions.h#L311 ). Range from todays 2.0 (or even 1.5 if user like to truncate used in resampler kernel even more) to may be some really 'big' value like 20.
Also the 'UserDefined' will be more flexible controlled by user's params input (no internally fixed 'support' param as today).

Also as AVS looks like allow to put vector of variable length as filter argument - may be make more 'universal' version of UserDefinedNResizeMT() with variable number of kernel members ? Let it be default 2 arguments as today but if user need more precise control and want to provide more kernel members - read from provided text string (count number of provided numbers and set as b,c,d,e,... members of kernel). Or may be separated named resize with kernel members list instead of b and c fixed 2 members ?

Last edited by DTL; 27th February 2023 at 00:06.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2023, 21:55   #207  |  Link
DTL

I install MFC to my home VisualStudio2019 as it looks it required now (need include file afxres.h) but still got lots of linker errors like

Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl resizer_h_avx2_generic_float<-1,7>(unsigned char *,unsigned char const *,int,int,struct ResamplingProgram *,int,int,int,unsigned char,bool)" (??$resizer_h_avx2_generic_float@$0?0$06@@YAXPEAEPEBEHHPEAUResamplingProgram@@HHHE_N@Z) ResampleMT \ResampleMT-master\ResampleMT\resample.obj 1

What may be wrong ? At work it builds with another install of VisualStudio2019 but may be with different set of components installed. May be some component of VS still missing ?
Old 17th March 2023, 09:38   #208  |  Link
jpsdr

Ah... Sorry, no idea about the install needed part.
But... just be sure that the avx2 .cpp specific files are effectively build in the project. My .sln on github is a VS2010, so avx2 files are included in the project, but disabled in the build.
Old 17th March 2023, 11:34   #209  |  Link
DTL

Oh - it works now. Thank you. It looks I forgot it from previous years. I sadly quickly forgot many things.

Now I found I make changes of addition s-param to UserDefined2Resize and make pull-requests to your github and to pinterf's AVS+ but forgot to make pre-build for users to test. It is made and uploaded now - https://github.com/DTL2020/ResampleM.../tag/pre-2.3.8

I understand the accepting new changes may also take many months or many years but it is good to start process of testing by users some day.

The default s-param value is set to 2.2f to better differentiate it from SinPowResize (only 2.0 support by design and unlikely can be significantly changed). The UserDefined2Resize kernel as really infinitely linear can use any support value without additional distortions. Also for best 'linear' processing quality the 'large' support of much more 3 is recommended (though resampler's performance will be lower). But playing with 'low' support values around 1.8..2.5 may give additional benefits in not-true-highend workflows of limited frame sizes giving smaller (thinner) halo around transients.
Currently max s-value is limited to 15 to not allow user to set too slow processing with visually equal output. I hope it is enough with even float precision computing and currently used only 2 kernel members.

Last edited by DTL; 17th March 2023 at 11:46.
Old 17th March 2023, 12:55   #210  |  Link
pinterf

When the changes seem to be final, I'm going to accept the pull request (along with a short and a long hint which can be put into the documentation), it is a good thing to end users to keep the original and jpsdr's MT variants in sync. To Avisynth+ core UserDefined2 is new and hasn't got history so it is easier for me.
pinterf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2023, 16:49   #211  |  Link
DTL

"When the changes seem to be final"

I hope changes are final. The kernel equation become more simple (and hope more stronger in design). No more condition check with internal 'magic number'. Also the last processing param of 'support' is also user-defined now. The a-member of the kernel is =1 by design and should not be changed. Nothing more to control. It is much more programmer- and user-friendly in compare with 100+ user-controlled params of mvtools degrain now. MDegrainN may soon reach 50+ params count. Heh.

Also to make total resampling_functions.cpp program text shorter - the sinc(x) function may be global for all sinc-based kernels. UserDefined2 do not require any special sinc(). It may be equal for common mathematics of current civilization sin(x)/x (with some protection from division by zero error in practical programming). It may reuse sinc() from 'classic' SincResize() and others.

If sinc() exist in standard C-library it can be directly used.

Last edited by DTL; 17th March 2023 at 16:54.
Old 26th March 2023, 13:55   #212  |  Link
jpsdr

Old 20th November 2023, 21:54   #213  |  Link
jpsdr

New version, see first post, but nothing big...