Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 26th October 2022, 04:03   #1  |  Link
naoto89

Build x264 with lavf, ffms and l-smash on Windows

I am trying to compile x264 by myself but I have problems and there is not a good enough guide to explain it. Although I can use tools that do it all by itself as Media Auto Build Suite but it has specific options that are not what I'm looking for.

These are options to build x264 on MABS.

Quote:
1 = Lib/binary with 8 and 10-bit
2 = No
3 = Lib/binary with only 10-bit
4 = Lib/binary with 8 and 10-bit, and libavformat and ffms2
5 = Shared lib/binary with 8 and 10-bit
6 = Same as 4 with video codecs only (can reduce size by ~3MB)
7 = Lib/binary with only 8-bit
Almost all options already include l-smash for MP4 support, but only option 4 is the one that includes lavf and ffms. The problem with option 4 is that it includes all color depths but I only want one (8 bit). Initially I wanted to see if I could edit any files or scripts of the tool but I have no idea where to do it and I'll probably end up breaking a tool that most of the time it has errors when it's run.

I got the idea to copy some files of MABS to another directory and build x264 from MSYS2 (I don't mean the environment that MABS download on first run, I'm talking about the installer from its official site). Somehow and unknowingly I got x264 to detect lavf and l-smash but with ffms it keeps saying "no" and I don't understand why, it's are the same files that MABS uses to build, although I have no doubt that I doing something wrong with the directories that have the files
which load lavf, ffms and l-smash.

This is the command line I'm trying run.

Code:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="./flags/x86/lib/pkgconfig" ./configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --prefix=/local32 --bindir=/local32/bin --enable-static --bit-depth=8 --extra-ldflags="-L./flags/x86/lib" --extra-cflags="-I./flags/x86/include -I./ffms2-git/include"
And this appears in MINGW32 (I'm trying to make x86 bin, I'll do it for x64 later).

Quote:
platform: X86
byte order: little-endian
system: WINDOWS
cli: yes
libx264: internal
shared: no
static: yes
bashcompletion: no
asm: yes
interlaced: yes
avs: yes
lavf: yes
ffms: no
mp4: lsmash
gpl: yes
thread: win32
opencl: yes
filters: resize crop select_every
lto: no
debug: no
gprof: no
strip: no
PIC: no
bit depth: 8
chroma format: all

You can run 'make' or 'make fprofiled' now.
Even if I could get ffms to be detected, I'm sure there will be some compile error.

What should I do?
naoto89 is offline   Reply With Quote