Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2008, 00:51   #1  |  Link
FortyFootPianist

Problems With MKV2VOB And Converting HD In General

I have some movies in MKV format, x264, ac3, about 8gb. I want to convert them and split them to 4gb or smaller pieces so I can put them on my iPod and play them on my PS3.

I used mkv2vob on one of them and it worked perfectly to convert it to MPG and split it in 3 parts.

Then I tried using it again and it gave me a "Besplitt Crashed" error after the AC3 to AAC conversion. I tried using different files, unistall/reinstalling, nothing works.

I tried alot of other apps that each had problems.

Tsmuxer couldn't detect the audio stream. I clicked add, chose the file, it said a stream could not be detected or something like that, and only added the video stream. So I used RipBot264 to extract the audio, video, and subtitle tracks. Tsmuxer worked with the video and subtitles, but said it couldn't detect stream when I tried to add the audio.

River Past Video Cleaner only converted the first 11 minutes and I have the Pro version, not the freeware version.

PS3 Video 9 converter said it couldn't sample.

Puma MKV converter wouldn't even do anything. I clicked convert, then 2 seconds later it said complete, but nothing happened.

And there were many others

So I was hoping that someone could help me to fix mkv2vob or my computer (I'm thinking it has something to do with this). If not then recommend another converter and splitter (preferably an app that does both). So can anyone help me out?
Old 16th May 2008, 16:18   #2  |  Link
gu8lal8

I've had the same problem, you need to go back to mkv2vob 2.2.1 and then before you start mkv2vob you need to disconnect your internetconnection otherwise it will automatically update to version 2.2.3 (do not reconnect until you've closed mkv2vob)
Old 16th May 2008, 16:38   #3  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyFootPianist View Post
I have some movies in MKV format, x264, ac3, about 8gb. I want to convert them
Why don't you re-encode from your original DVDs?
Old 18th May 2008, 05:58   #4  |  Link
FortyFootPianist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu8lal8 View Post
I've had the same problem, you need to go back to mkv2vob 2.2.1 and then before you start mkv2vob you need to disconnect your internetconnection otherwise it will automatically update to version 2.2.3 (do not reconnect until you've closed mkv2vob)
It works perfect now. Thanks alot!
Old 26th May 2008, 17:13   #5  |  Link
FortyFootPianist

Crap, another problem came up. I'm getting this error, Could not parse mkv file. I've tried adding the directory, and separately adding the mkv files (2 files). I've tried using versions 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.2.3, 2.1.0, and 2.05. (Decided to randomly try different versions). Nothing works.

This is the configuration:
Preferred Audio Language: English
Video Transcoding: Automatic
Preferred Subtitle Language: None
File Splitting: FAT32 (4GB)
Output File Extension: MPG
Transcoding Codec: x264
Top 2 boxes on the right are checked
Old 26th May 2008, 18:11   #6  |  Link

Where did you get the MKV files?
Old 27th May 2008, 17:29   #7  |  Link
FortyFootPianist

I got them from a friend. He transferred them to my computer with his external HDD.
Old 27th May 2008, 17:37   #8  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!
Quote:
I got them from a friend. He transferred them to my computer with his external HDD.
(cough, cough) Rule #6?
Closed Thread

Tags
convert, mkv, ps3, split, x264