Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2012, 04:59   #1  |  Link
cheeseboy

Matching 2 sources.

I have 2 bad sources. One worst than the other. One is a dvd with the worst halos youll ever see and the other is an itunes rip that was deinterlaced wrong. It is posible to mostly fix the left over combing on the intunes rip however the video is still considerably choppy. Is it possible to make a vfr from the dvd and apply it to the itunes somehow? Or Is there some bobbing related solution? I'd also Like to use the audio from the dvds however I need a simple way to sync the frame count. The only differeces in the frames are differences in decimation and extra black frames at the end. Is there anyway to automatically match them?
Old 26th June 2012, 12:38   #2  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseboy View Post
the other is an itunes rip that was deinterlaced wrong
Process it again and deinterlace it correctly.
Old 26th June 2012, 13:19   #3  |  Link
jmac698

I'm going to assume that you wouldn't be asking unless these were your only available sources. The 2nd source would be deinterlaced to ~30fps when it should have been IVTCd to ~24fps. You then have a clean, interlaced, interlaced, clean, clean pattern, or in terms of film source frames, (0top, 0bot), (0top,1bot), (1top, 2bot), (2top, 2bot), (3top, 3bot), and repeating. I'm not familiar with such problems in the wild, but if it was bobbed, you've only got one of the fields, so keep one field and interpolate the other and throw away the one dupe every 5.
If you see ghosting, it was blend deinterlaced. You could try
tfm(slow=2,clip2=nnedi3()).tdecimate(mode=1)
Old 26th June 2012, 14:18   #4  |  Link
cheeseboy

It's already been ivtc'd poorly (I can't undo this). I can clean up the left over combs easy enough. The issue is choppy framerate. It'd look much better as vfr (atleast the dvd does) but im not sure, I don't think going 23.976 to vfr is a good idea :/
Old 26th June 2012, 15:35   #5  |  Link
jmac698

You should really post short clips of the same spot, in a place where there's a slow pan so it's quite obvious. Now it sounds like you're describing hard telecine or maybe bad edits (pulled down film edited as video, with cuts on the interlaced frames), or maybe IVTC that for some reason made the wrong decision, or IVTC on bad edits that it couldn't track.
There really should be a way to deal with the 2nd source, but even a way to match the two sources.

Last edited by jmac698; 26th June 2012 at 15:38.
Closed Thread