Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 13th March 2019, 17:39   #581  |  Link
maxkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Your settings look very bad to me, to each their own I suppose.

My settings are intended as a place to start, with options that should look good whatever the content and that don't change the image. I have almost all processing off by default and turn it on for specific content if it needs it.

You want to smooth and sharpen the image a lot, it looks artificial to me but if you like it go for it.
Yeah I guess we all like different. People like you who like it to look as close to the source as possible even if that means a grainy image, and people like me who enjoy a smooth looking image while sacrificing a little sharpness. My guide achieves the latter beautifully imo.
Old 13th March 2019, 18:48   #582  |  Link
Klaus1189

Maxkill, please don‘t idolize your settings so much. It‘s already hurting. I‘m sorry but the settings aren‘t as good as you think, so please don‘t tell us what we should do.

Last edited by Klaus1189; 13th March 2019 at 18:50.
Klaus1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 19:00   #583  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siso View Post
I understand, but what about NGU Standart as a medium ground between NGU AA and NGU Sharp? What do you think of it?
I find Standard very similar to Sharp, but not quite as sharp.

Normally I use AA or Sharp. Maybe I should make a set of sharp settings files, if people are interested? I hope people modify my settings some, especially since Max Quality requires a 2080 Ti.
Old 13th March 2019, 19:07   #584  |  Link
maxkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
Maxkill, please don‘t idolize your settings so much. It‘s already hurting. I‘m sorry but the settings aren‘t as good as you think, so please don‘t tell us what we should do.
You forgot so say: In your oppinion. Since I have tried both settings I know I prefer mine BIGTIME and I am correct that it creates a smoother image. If you like grainy image that's totally fine, I sure as hell don't.
I think people should have the option to use which ever settings they like, if you like grainy use this if you don't use mine, simple as that.
edit: Also I never told anyone what to do, I am all for free choice so stop the lying please that's low.

Last edited by maxkill; 13th March 2019 at 19:11.
maxkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 19:28   #585  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkill View Post
I never told anyone what to do, I am all for free choice so stop the lying please that's low.
1. You told us by starting a thread with the title „Optimal 4k settings for smoother image MadVR, enjoy!!“ which suggests to use your holy settings.
2. I am not lying, just look at the reactions in your thread, so many guys who don‘t like it.
3. I did not say that your settings are not good, but I did say that the settings are not as good as you think these are, otherwise you would not always write, when one thinks other than you, you write BUT I DO LIKE IT.
4. Please read your posts and think about it, simply don‘t ideolize it anymore so much. I didn‘t wrote anything else.

That is just hurting so much to read. Please stop it. Thanks.
Old 13th March 2019, 19:31   #586  |  Link
huhn

so when klaus states his opinion so he is a lying and if you do that you are just stating an opinion?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 20:27   #587  |  Link
maxkill

Quote:
1. You told us by starting a thread with the title „Optimal 4k settings for smoother image MadVR, enjoy!!“ which suggests to use your holy settings.
2. I am not lying, just look at the reactions in your thread, so many guys who don‘t like it.
3. I did not say that your settings are not good, but I did say that the settings are not as good as you think these are, otherwise you would not always write, when one thinks other than you, you write BUT I DO LIKE IT.
4. Please read your posts and think about it, simply don‘t ideolize it anymore so much. I didn‘t wrote anything else.

That is just hurting so much to read. Please stop it. Thanks.
For a smoother image I am stating it is best yes. And I have proof of that aswell.

You are claiming I try to tell people what they should like. This is a false statement and a lie. If people prefer a grainy image there is nothing wrong with that. I am merely trying to give people the option of a smoother image.
If people who love a grainy image attack me in the thread has little to do with the effectiveness of the setting.
Old 13th March 2019, 21:06   #588  |  Link
DMU

Quote:
Normally I use AA or Sharp.
Well, why NGU AA does not work in quadrupling (4x) mode like NGU Soft/Standard/Sharp for image upscaling?
Pic
DMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 21:23   #589  |  Link
huhn

it's just used 2 times which is fine too.
Old 13th March 2019, 21:45   #590  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkill View Post
You are claiming I try to tell people what they should like. This is a false statement and a lie.
I never claimed that, I never did a false statement and I never lied. Please read my post again. The proof is when you get my point. And this is exactly the point. You write so much and say nothing. And if somebody has another opinion you write he/she is a lyer. You really don‘t seem to don‘t get my point, silly me, at least I tried to get you to get down on earth „MrIknowitall“.

To summarize and repeat it, perhaps you get it sometimes when you realize that your holy settings aren‘t as good as you think.

You also have your ridiculous noob thread in your signature. Lol. This is a proove for your problem. The users don‘t need your noob settings and do yourself a favor and don‘t attack users this way.

Please read the reactions in your noob thread. The users don‘t like it.

I have my own settings, but I don‘t create a thread because I think these only define my personal taste and don‘t help anybody, stick with Asmodians settings and tune it if you want to your personal taste as I did.

But please stop acting this way. You don‘t help anybody with your hurtful way. You don‘t get what others write here and seem to need it to hurt these who have another opinion.

Please stop, simply stop. Enough said, but I am sure you will again write hurtful nonsense. If I would be a moderator, you would be blocked for a short period of time to post new stuff, perhaps this will help.

I apologize for this post but it seems you simply don‘t get it with other words.
Sorry ...
Old 13th March 2019, 21:50   #591  |  Link
maxkill

I can not see any difference from enabling chrome upscaling to max and switching to cubic or dxva on option.

I hear you might need to set the LAV Video up, is this true, do you really need this to run MadVR? I was to check that it the LAV Video was in the D3D11 setting so I tried that but no effect after installing.

I also reinstalled MadVR just to check and tried two different players. I can not tell from on and off of highest settings of chrome on a UHD file.

Must be something wrong right? Interestingly I do get the extra computer load.
I'm thinking the difference between on highest setting and off should be quite big or..?
I'm currently because of this running with DVXA on still looks great, but would be nice to test the other settings if in fact they are not being shown in my setup after enabling them.
Old 13th March 2019, 21:50   #592  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMU View Post
Well, why NGU AA does not work in quadrupling (4x) mode like NGU Soft/Standard/Sharp for image upscaling?
madshi never made a NGU AA to do quadrupling, as simple as that.

Edit: As huhn said, 2x twice is a good option. It is even slightly higher quality than direct 4x with the other NGUs, though it is also quite a bit slower. It is nice to use very high for the first 2x and high for the second.

Last edited by Asmodian; 13th March 2019 at 21:53.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 22:16   #593  |  Link
maxkill

Quote:
I never claimed that, I never did a false statement and I never lied. Please read my post again. The proof is when you get my point. And this is exactly the point. You write so much and say nothing. And if somebody has another opinion you write he/she is a lyer. You really don‘t seem to don‘t get my point, silly me, at least I tried to get you to get down on earth „MrIknowitall“.

To summarize and repeat it, perhaps you get it sometimes when you realize that your holy settings aren‘t as good as you think.

You also have your ridiculous noob thread in your signature. Lol. This is a proove for your problem. The users don‘t need your noob settings and do yourself a favor and don‘t attack users this way.

Please read the reactions in your noob thread. The users don‘t like it.

I have my own settings, but I don‘t create a thread because I think these only define my personal taste and don‘t help anybody, stick with Asmodians settings and tune it if you want to your personal taste as I did.

But please stop acting this way. You don‘t help anybody with your hurtful way. You don‘t get what others write here and seem to need it to hurt these who have another opinion.

Please stop, simply stop. Enough said, but I am sure you will again write hurtful nonsense. If I would be a moderator, you would be blocked for a short period of time to post new stuff, perhaps this will help.

I apologize for this post but it seems you simply don‘t get it with other words.
Sorry ...
1. I would suggest you improve your english, it is quite hard to understand what you are driving for here..
2. That's like, just your oppinion man.
3. Tell you what, take your head out of the sand and actually apply my bin file and choose a scene with some grain in it, take a picture of that scene with my settings, then set the player to default and take a picture, then go to my thread and post these there and tell me why I am mistaken and I'll listen to what ya have to say.
Old 13th March 2019, 22:27   #594  |  Link
Klaus1189

I was already in the US for several weeks and the people understood me fine. I suggest to improove your english, perhaps you understand what I am writing about.

In my opinion it is enough, because the users saw your real face. I don‘t want to mess around with your settings anymore. Your behavior is ridiculous. Now forcing me to improve your settings, no thanks. If I am a lyer, why do you need my opinion. Lol.

Your behavior is ridiculous. Bye.
Old 13th March 2019, 22:41   #595  |  Link
maxkill

Quote:
I was already in the US for several weeks and the people understood me fine. I suggest to improove your english, perhaps you understand what I am writing about.

In my opinion it is enough, because the users saw your real face. I don‘t want to mess around with your settings anymore. Your behavior is ridiculous. Now forcing me to improve your settings, no thanks. If I am a lyer, why do you need my opinion. Lol.

Your behavior is ridiculous. Bye.
I respect you, alright. But you have 0 actual arguments, just predetermined thoughts and beliefs. If you wanna live your life that way that's fine my man. I think if you are going to accuse me of something you should be able to back that up is all.
Old 13th March 2019, 22:56   #596  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Already said: It is all personal taste, your thread doesn‘t help anybody, it wasn’t me who want to convince anybody with my settings, it is you.

Summary: Do the same, enjoy your personal settings, but don‘t praise your settings with the thread here which is also in your signature. I never said anything else, but please be more modest.

Bye, perhaps you know NOW what „bye“ means.
Old 13th March 2019, 23:05   #597  |  Link
maxkill

Quote:
Already said: It is all personal taste, your thread doesn‘t help anybody, it wasn’t me who want to convince anybody with my settings, it is you.

Summary: Do the same, enjoy your personal settings, but don‘t praise your settings with the thread here which is also in your signature. I never said anything else, but please be more modest.

Bye, perhaps you know NOW what „bye“ means.
Oh so it is personal taste now? Didn't sound like that just a moment ago, good!
It doesn't help anybody? Tell me how you came to this conclusion please, would be very interesting to know.

I will praise my settings if I want. I think they are great.
You should try not telling other people what to do and not do, people don't generally like that, just a tip. Practise accepting things as they are.
Old 14th March 2019, 00:49   #598  |  Link
Asmodian

I also wish you would not promote your settings here, they are so much in the wrong direction from what I think is good practice they almost seem like a parody.

They also seem like settings made by someone very new to quality video on PC and madVR. I see these overprocessed videos a lot and find it depressing.

If you like it fine, you can use your settings, but expect pushback if you promote them. I am just expressing my opinion too. I don't want doom9 promoting bad newb madVR settings as great after all.
Old 14th March 2019, 04:18   #599  |  Link
maxkill

Quote:
I also wish you would not promote your settings here, they are so much in the wrong direction from what I think is good practice they almost seem like a parody.

They also seem like settings made by someone very new to quality video on PC and madVR. I see these overprocessed videos a lot and find it depressing.

If you like it fine, you can use your settings, but expect pushback if you promote them. I am just expressing my opinion too. I don't want doom9 promoting bad newb madVR settings as great after all.
Look, I appreciate your settings Asmodian. They are just not for me. I have explained the purpose of my settings many times now.
You liken my settings to a parody? There is a flip side to that coin. And that is that I can say the exact same thing about your settings.

Think about it like this. Do most people who play video games like a pixelated image or a smooth looking image?
This is the same thing if you think about it. I don't think most people would prefer a pixelated image.
The hardcore 'true content looking material lovers' that seem to overrepresent this section of this forum yes, but not most people I don't think so.
The other thing is, what you and some people say about the settings are nothing but loose statements such as 'well that doesn't look good' or 'no your settings are wrong'. No one ever provided a resonable explanation as to WHY smoothing of the picture must be so bad.
To me it's great because it removes the pixelated areas in the image creating a 'looking out window effect'. You can not achieve this with a pixelated image, you will see the pixels. Do you get this argument at all?
Old 14th March 2019, 05:18   #600  |  Link
huhn

pixelated is an artifact that usualy come from sharpening, low resolution and not using an blurring effect like AA on games yes AA makes games less sharp which is working as intended "nothing" is sharper then aliasing.

and you want a reasonable explanation why your settings are "wrong". well that pretty simple and can be objectively proven.

a movie is created on an calibrated screen and so other user with an calibrated screen will get the same image from the mastering screen. this makes it objectively a correct image and settings that recreate this image are so objectively "correct".

your settings doesn't do that which makes them incorrect.