Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 26th November 2011, 13:26   #1  |  Link
kopmjj

quick question is avisynth able to take full use of ram now days?

Hi i havent been editing for a long time and i am about to buy an i5 2500k with 16gb ram. so i want to know what the maximum ram i can use on a heavy script?
kopmjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 01:12   #2  |  Link
SSH4

Because 64bit Avisynth unstable. because MT Avisynth 32bit mostly unstable....
So 32bit 2.6 ST/MT can handle only 2Gb max! And Usually avisynth crash on more than 1.5Gb allocated
SSH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 02:02   #3  |  Link
kopmjj

ahh man so my rendering is only as good as my cpu speed? can someone with an 15/17 cpu tell me what fps they get on qtmg de interlacing when rendering? i will only buy the new cpu if it makes a significant improvement in rendering over my current amd x64 4200 i know its old now:P
kopmjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 02:15   #4  |  Link
Fullmetal Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopmjj View Post
ahh man so my rendering is only as good as my cpu speed? can someone with an 15/17 cpu tell me what fps they get on qtmg de interlacing when rendering? i will only buy the new cpu if it makes a significant improvement in rendering over my current amd x64 4200 i know its old now:P
Well, I have a Core i7 860 running at 2.8 GHz and Windows 7 and I can get by with QTGMC on DVD content running in "Medium" almost in real time. That's using 2.6 MT. But even in "Fast" the quality from what I've seen is far superior to the hardware deinterlacing that's available to me through madVR. A 2500K should be able to outdo this quite nicely. Although, honestly if I were you I'd just wait a few more months for Ivy Bridge which I'd expect to provide much better performance than 2500K especially with overclocking. And those chips would be in the same price range where the 2500K's are now.
Fullmetal Encoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 21:26   #5  |  Link
TheRyuu
warpsharpened

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSH4 View Post
So 32bit 2.6 ST/MT can handle only 2Gb max! And Usually avisynth crash on more than 1.5Gb allocated
On a 64-bit operating system 32-bit avisynth can use up to 4GB so long as the application calling avisynth has the large address aware flag set.
TheRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote