Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 9th October 2008, 14:50   #21  |  Link
w53191

Bitmap generation, they all are Blanck pages. Doesn't work either when I use normal subtitles with draws.

Thx.
Old 9th October 2008, 21:18   #22  |  Link
manusse
SubtitleCreator's Co-Dev

Could you please post (or PM) your ASS file.

Thanks
Manusse
manusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 20:08   #23  |  Link
w53191

I've sent you the ass in a PM.

Cya.
Old 10th October 2008, 21:57   #24  |  Link
manusse
SubtitleCreator's Co-Dev

Ok, I had a look at your problem.

First, you should have carefuly read the title of this guide. The method described in this guide is usable ONLY FOR ASSDRAW ASS files. This is because this method will generate one SUP bitmap per frame which is not the good method for normal text subtitles but only for animations.

Otherwise the "black frames" problem comes from the fact that you didn't adapt the AviSynth script. The script given in the guide doesn't last long enough for your subtitles to display. This is an AviSynth problem and you should learn how AviSynth scripts work first (see www.avisynth.org for a good reference).

You should have adapted the first line of the script like below:
Code:
video=BlankClip(width=720,height=573,fps=25,length=10000)
(Use the length parameter (in frames) to generate a longer script that lasts enough for your ass file, 10000 is an example but you should adapt it to your file).

Cheers
Manusse

Last edited by manusse; 10th October 2008 at 22:18.
Old 11th October 2008, 14:26   #25  |  Link
w53191

Didn't look the length. I know it's not the best way for Not Draws Subtitles, but I don't know a way of pasting a Draw with other subs that it's not Having them in the same Script. I don't have problems with the Size of the Sup, with this it should work.

Thx.
Old 11th October 2008, 23:22   #26  |  Link
manusse
SubtitleCreator's Co-Dev

Quote:
but I don't know a way of pasting a Draw with other subs that it's not Having them in the same Script
The new beta of SubtitleCreator accepts srt files that hold text and also bitmaps. This could do the job you're looking for (mixing text and bitmaps).

Cheers
Manusse
Old 8th December 2008, 19:33   #27  |  Link
Oleg Rode

Quote:
This is because this method will generate one SUP bitmap per frame which is not the good method for normal text subtitles but only for animations.
And is there any possibility to fix this? I tried to convert subtitles. Works good via CyberLink PowerDVD Player. Also good results on my PS3 and my standalone Samsung hardware DVD player. But... Subtitle creator can't handle so big subtitle files (it crashes). And the filesize of the resulting SUP file also big enought.
Oleg Rode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 22:32   #28  |  Link
manusse
SubtitleCreator's Co-Dev

Quote:
And is there any possibility to fix this?
At the moment what you can do is try to find a way to suppress duplicate frames and replace them by only one frame with a correct start and end time.

Otherwise, SC is not able to directly support ASS now. One day it could but it's not on top of our priorities even if it's on the TODO list.

Cheers
Manusse