Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 31st October 2008, 05:48   #1  |  Link
Sulimo

MKV2VOB, Yamb and the PS3

I'm not sure if this is the right spot but...

So I have a bunch of mkv video files. They are h.264 for video and 2 channel AAC for audio. And I want to play them with my Playstation 3.

Anyway I discover mkv2vob, and whilst this works I can't get it to pass though the AAC audio and with some of the output files from mkv2vob the audio is crackly.

So I figure I'll just demux the files and then use Yamb to reassemble them in a mp4 container and all would be fine. Sadly though the PS3 refuses to play these resulting MP4 files. Anyone know why that would be the case? is there anything I can do about this?
Sulimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 21:22   #2  |  Link
Oleg Rode

Sorry for my English...

Let's do this in another way. Please, pick up an example MKV file and post here info about this example. It is a good idea to use MediaInfo for these purposes.

Last edited by Oleg Rode; 31st October 2008 at 21:25.
Oleg Rode is offline   Reply With Quote