Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th September 2017, 10:20   #11  |  Link
von Suppé

Thanks so much about the MPLS handling info. This is good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
...No, they are stored in "[project folder]\[movie title]\[MPLS number]"... ...are extracted only when they are needed to convert the subtitles to 3D
Then I think to know why I don't have these files/folders. I was doing a "Frame Sequential" mkv. If my understanding & memory serves me right, in that case only 3D subs can be done if you hardcode a subtitle on both left- and right-eye streams. Eventhough the "Subtitles type" in tab 2 was set to "3D only", I left the option in "Hardcode subs on video" on tab 5 to "None".
I do wonder however, why the created "**.2D.sup" files aren't an exact match of the demuxed (2D) sups. They don't have to be altered, my guess?

As for the 3D-planes extraction tool:
Quote:
...the tool to extract them works only on the elementary MVC stream. You must therefore demux the MVC stream from...
Can't help myself for trying out, but in the 3D-planes extraction tool's browser window it is however possible to select the ssif file as input (setting the "filetype" box to "All files (*.*)". And it will output. I compared this output to the result of demuxed mvc file as input.
Both show 6 same-named *.ofs files that are the same size, but not bit-equal (checked with hash-checker). Both "3D-Planes.log" files do show same summary data for the first 5 planes, but Plane 6 is very different indeed.
Of course, from now on I will always run the 3D Planes extractor with the firstly demuxed mvc as source.

Edit:
Quote:
...Generating a whole project with BD3D2MK3D just to have its full 3D-Planes log may be overkill...
Maybe, but once a project is finished, to me it proved very educational to look at the project folder.
Seeing all these files created and used, specially when you choose the windows explorer column "Date created", you can almost chronologically step-by-step follow what steps were taken. Very informative.

Of course I'll do a lot more testing and will certainly use the enormously handy subtitle tools.

For now, cheers

Last edited by von Suppé; 18th September 2017 at 10:47.