Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 5th September 2021, 21:05   #81  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Quote:
My question was about replacing anyDVD who decrypt the bluray "on the fly" (which allow free access to the content of the bluray, so any video player who can read mkv will play movie files directly from the disc) with an open soft that doesn't need to access the internet to find the bluray keys and just get them from keybd (via libaacs ?)
MakeMKV can do that. (Ah, just saw it, Nev mentioned it too)
You can expose libmmbd to other programs (like players).

Last edited by Emulgator; 7th September 2021 at 17:19.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2021, 07:26   #82  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy View Post
I'd recommend Xreveal by yubsoft. It's a free on-the-fly decrypter that uses the keys from your keydb.cfg file to decrypt any blu-ray you insert and doesn't require access to the internet.
Sounds interesting

Will test it tonight.

Gesendet von meinem H8324 mit Tapatalk
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2021, 08:55   #83  |  Link
trucide

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy View Post
I'd recommend Xreveal by yubsoft. It's a free on-the-fly decrypter that uses the keys from your keydb.cfg file to decrypt any blu-ray you insert and doesn't require access to the internet.
Thank you very much !
I'll try it tonight.
trucide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2021, 08:59   #84  |  Link
trucide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
MakeMKV can do that. (Ah, just saw it, Nev mentioned it too)
You mean you can use MakeMKV without internet, with just the keydb file ? I've vaguely tried this once, but to no effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
You can expose libmmbd to other programs (like players).
Can you develop a little bit ?
How can you do that ?
Thank you very much for any insight.
trucide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2021, 18:57   #85  |  Link
candela

can we please stop talking about 3rd party applications that work without libaacs/libbdplus, since the whole point of this thread was to avoid such applications. Use a different forum thread for those.

Last edited by candela; 8th September 2021 at 21:21.
candela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2021, 19:55   #86  |  Link
nst

Hello all,

I'm not entirely sure if all changes to libaacs are merged to upstream yet (IIRC they are). Regarding libbdplus and the cached convtab functionality: Cached convtabs are working with and is fully supported by upstream libbdplus as of today! The functionality itself was added upstream in the last few days except the automatic load from the cache directory. I created a merge request for this missing bit and added table loading from .config/bdplus (suggestion by the upstream maintainers) aswell as loading from the system config dir, that MR got merged today. Also, BD+ disc playback from within Kodi got fixed properly in libbluray, so the patch tampering with bdplus_m2ts() isn't necessary anymore when using libbluray from GIT HEAD.

Thanks to the original authors of the original patches, making BD playback (on Linux and Kodi) possible without the need for proprietary closed blobs!

Regards,
nst
nst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2022, 10:11   #87  |  Link
farmerjoe

Good morning,
yesteday VLC told my that the key of the movie (Ghost_in_the_Shell) I wanted to watch was revoked - never seen that before with 200+ discs.. anyone know hat the issue is?

Made a backup of the movie to disc using MakeMKV with the same keyfile and had no issues at all.

Brgds
Joe
farmerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2022, 03:26   #88  |  Link
daviduu

Like others in this thread, I started getting the following error message when trying to load a disc: "Blu-ray error: No valid processing key found in AACS config file." This started happening on discs that I'd for sure played in the past. I've found that using MakeMKV to decrypt the disc has worked (although I had to make sure I had a working beta key). VLC will initially crash, but reopening the program and the disc seems to work fairly reliably.
daviduu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 19:42   #89  |  Link
candela

The keydb.cfg currently has:
  • Processing Key up to MKBv68
  • Host Certificate revoked in MKBv72
  • Disc specific keys up to MKBv76

If you have attempted to play a disc with MKBv72 or higher the host certificate is revoked by your drive:
  • You can no longer play discs that have bus encryption enabled (unless bus key was cached by VLC or your drive does not support bus encryption)
  • You can no longer play discs without a disc specific key (in keydb.cfg or cached by VLC)

Problems
  • "Ghost in the shell" -> probably has bus encryption
  • "Blu-ray error: No valid processing key found in AACS config file." This started happening on discs that I'd for sure played in the past. -> Hard to believe you played these discs before because there would have been a disc specific key, or the processing key generated the disc specific VUK which would be cached by VLC on your PC
Old 28th March 2022, 17:25   #90  |  Link
PoShawnified

Made an account to thank @candela for the steps.

Threw this together for myself but will share it here in case it helps any other Windows users. No warranty and no guarantees https://github.com/PoShawnified/VLC_BluRay_Support
PoShawnified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2022, 19:53   #91  |  Link
demomode

Quote:
Originally Posted by candela View Post
If you have attempted to play a disc with MKBv72 or higher the host certificate is revoked by your drive:
  • You can no longer play discs that have bus encryption enabled (unless bus key was cached by VLC or your drive does not support bus encryption)
  • You can no longer play discs without a disc specific key (in keydb.cfg or cached by VLC)
And what can we do to play this disc on VLC?
demomode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2022, 11:46   #92  |  Link
RealSnoopyDog

You'll either need a new "Host Cerificate" (and I always ask myself where they come from - are they just "findings" or can they be calculated) or maybe an alternate firmware for the drive like LibreDrive might help. But I don't have experience with LibreDrive, I only know that you should flash it BEFORE you try to playback a Blu-Ray which requires a newer host certificate. And the latest revision that I find is from 2020

I still playback my old Blu-Rays without any problems with this software, LAV and DVBViewer. But I did not buy any new Blu-Rays the last months. Not because streaming movies from different platforms is possible. I still would prefer to buy new movies on a Blu-Ray from time to time because the picture and sound quality is much better compared to streaming. But I want to avoid the risk that an updated required host certificate on a new Blu-Ray will "kill" my drive and I can not watch my old movies anymore. So congratulations to the paranoic content protection "mafia", you ruin your own business.

And thank you very much candela for giving us this software, it works very satisfying from the beginning.
RealSnoopyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2022, 13:59   #93  |  Link
Roof Tile

So recently I noticed that libbdplus and libaacs had been updated for some time (which was especially exciting since libbdplus hasn't gotten a proper new version since 2015!). I figured I'd go to the main post and download them like before, but it appears that both sets of files haven't been updated yet. So, I decided to try and figure out how to do it myself, working off of the nice post by hnsteyding to do so.

It took far longer than it should have due to me not understanding how all of this works, but I finally was able to get the files in their new, shiny glory and got them to work with VLC like the old set. Given how hard it was for me to figure this all out, I'm throwing up my 64-Bit versions of the files and the instructions of how I did so both to help others and in case I somehow messed something up without knowing it.

Edit: Fixed some terrible spelling on my part in the instructions and added a little note to say what version of libaacs and libbdplus the files are for future people's clarification.
Content isn't any different besides that.

Last edited by Roof Tile; 5th May 2022 at 15:05.
Roof Tile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2022, 05:19   #94  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

I'de like to try your updated libs but alas, Attachments Pending Approval, still.
[why in 4 part RAR for piddly little files - cant be that big. {EDIT: Maybe avoid malware scan ???}]

EDIT: Great, attachments approved. Thanx Mod.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 29th May 2022 at 02:42.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2022, 23:36   #95  |  Link
hnsteyding

@Roof Tile:
Hint regarding to your making instructions - Topic 3:

"3. Install the latest version of Ant from here (https://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub.../ant/binaries/) by putting its BIN,LIB,ETC files
inside /mingw32 (x86) or /mingw64 (x64) depending on what build you are making. *I don't know if this is actually needed, but the guide said it was so I do it*"

ANT is only required if you want compile libbluray library with BD-J (Blu-ray Disc Java) support.

Regards.
hnsteyding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2022, 07:07   #96  |  Link
Bahamuth

Hi everyone,
I have a BluRay from a 2007 movie (The Simpsons movie, German one). And it is kinda strange, that the bdplus tables do not have any entry for that, isn't it?

FindVUK database lists three DiscIDs with the name of the disc:
0x704DC40295374F2450A675E2ADC7F54D33FC203A = SIMPSONS_MOVIE_F2 | D | 2007-10-03 | V | 0xF169EF38CE36B19E63B060788C1F2C8D | M | 0x98A87950D323B12A1D8E9D5475D90959 | I | 0xD35AE8AA31B7B7BEA588E792A79B1DFE | U | 1-0x68E98204C5E70658CEB0C3C3136F4934 ; MKBv4/BD+/FindVUK 1.07 - MainPlaylist: 00116.mpls - VolumeSize: 33901182976 (BD)
0x760E63AE7B491F96E8BC080DE25015C31A1C57BA = SIMPSONS_MOVIE_F2 | D | 2007-10-03 | V | 0xAC2F600506AE8CCEBB6B630D11CBC1CB | M | 0x98A87950D323B12A1D8E9D5475D90959 | I | 0xA9C3C947131BFC6F2C681A8EB8CFF31C | U | 1-0x68E98204C5E70658CEB0C3C3136F4934 ; MKBv4/BD+/FindVUK 1.38 - MainPlaylist: 00116.mpls - VolumeSize: 33901182976 (BD)
0x7D807F13D5948FE89DA2E3BF21CEAFE265D8401B = SIMPSONS_MOVIE_F2 [The Simpsons Movie] | D | 2007-10-28 | V | 0x1AA7C2F98D320FAB647B73A4F777BB25 | M | 0x98A87950D323B12A1D8E9D5475D90959 | I | 0x61EAFAF0219B22B96092C0E7A1218486 | U | 1-0x68E98204C5E70658CEB0C3C3136F4934 ; libaacs (LEGACY) (NOTVALIDATED) (BD)

The middle one is mine. But none of the DiscIDs can be found in AppData\Roaming\bdplus\convtab after downloading all cached BD+ tables. Is the first gen somehow not included or do I have a very special movie there?
Bahamuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2022, 09:38   #97  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamuth View Post
Hi everyone,
I have a BluRay from a 2007 movie (The Simpsons movie, German one). And it is kinda strange, that the bdplus tables do not have any entry for that, isn't it?

The middle one is mine. But none of the DiscIDs can be found in AppData\Roaming\bdplus\convtab after downloading all cached BD+ tables. Is the first gen somehow not included or do I have a very special movie there?
BD+ tables are not identified by DiscID but by MK (98A87950D323B12A1D8E9D5475D90959_SIMPSONS_MOVIE_F2.bin)
Old 21st July 2022, 10:05   #98  |  Link
Bahamuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Tile View Post
So recently I noticed that libbdplus and libaacs had been updated for some time (which was especially exciting since libbdplus hasn't gotten a proper new version since 2015!). I figured I'd go to the main post and download them like before, but it appears that both sets of files haven't been updated yet. So, I decided to try and figure out how to do it myself, working off of the nice post by hnsteyding to do so.

It took far longer than it should have due to me not understanding how all of this works, but I finally was able to get the files in their new, shiny glory and got them to work with VLC like the old set. Given how hard it was for me to figure this all out, I'm throwing up my 64-Bit versions of the files and the instructions of how I did so both to help others and in case I somehow messed something up without knowing it.

Edit: Fixed some terrible spelling on my part in the instructions and added a little note to say what version of libaacs and libbdplus the files are for future people's clarification.
Content isn't any different besides that.
Funny that the "Instructions when making new build" say "Rename "libaacs-0.dll" and "libbdplus-0.dll" to remove the "-0"" but when doing so and running aacs_info it tells me, that it cannot find libaacs-0.dll.
Old 21st July 2022, 10:06   #99  |  Link
Bahamuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by candela View Post
BD+ tables are not identified by DiscID but by MK (98A87950D323B12A1D8E9D5475D90959_SIMPSONS_MOVIE_F2.bin)
Ah I see. Guess I have to write to the BlurayTestAndDecrypt-guy then, because watching the process with Process Monitor, it is searching for a file named conv_tab_ + DiscID. There's where my ignorance came from about the ID.

Thank you!
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:15   #100  |  Link
Roof Tile

Sorry for not checking up on this in forever, my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
I'de like to try your updated libs but alas, Attachments Pending Approval, still.
[why in 4 part RAR for piddly little files - cant be that big. {EDIT: Maybe avoid malware scan ???}]

EDIT: Great, attachments approved. Thanx Mod.
I tried just uploading it in one part but for some reason it hated that. So, I split it up into the amount it said was the limit and went with that. I probably just didn't read something correctly, but I figured this place had a data limit to prevent spam or the like. Sorry to give you a scare about malware, wasn't my intention to seem nefarious or anything but I totally understand the concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsteyding View Post
@Roof Tile:
Hint regarding to your making instructions - Topic 3:

"3. Install the latest version of Ant from here (https://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub.../ant/binaries/) by putting its BIN,LIB,ETC files
inside /mingw32 (x86) or /mingw64 (x64) depending on what build you are making. *I don't know if this is actually needed, but the guide said it was so I do it*"

ANT is only required if you want compile libbluray library with BD-J (Blu-ray Disc Java) support.

Regards.
Thank you for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamuth View Post
Funny that the "Instructions when making new build" say "Rename "libaacs-0.dll" and "libbdplus-0.dll" to remove the "-0"" but when doing so and running aacs_info it tells me, that it cannot find libaacs-0.dll.
Huh, that’s what I had to do to get VLC to play nice. Maybe I did something wrong and somehow fixed it in a dumb roundabout way? Regardless, I hope I didn’t cause you any annoyance with the issue.
Roof Tile is offline   Reply With Quote