Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 17th September 2017, 12:32   #1  |  Link
V!roX

Rebuild m2ts doesn't play - tsMuxeR GUI 2.6.12

Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on translating a Blu-ray to German by replacing one language with another completely and dropping the modified m2ts into the BD folder.
Replacing the language on the main stream worked fine with tsMuxeR, but when trying to replace the subtitle on one of the bonus clips (720x480, 29.97), the video wouldn't show when playing the BD in PowerDVD. The timer works, but the video is black and there is no audio. When building a BD-folder with tsMuxeR and then also replacing the clpi with the new one, the timer also stops working.

I tried narrowing it down, I didn't change ANYTHING in tsMuxeR this time, so subtitles, no additional SEI/VUI data, no chapter markers.
Putting the remuxed *.m2ts into the folder gives me the same result.

I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong here, obviously tsMuxeR does change something that makes the file unplayable. Any advice?

Last edited by V!roX; 17th September 2017 at 13:27.
V!roX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 04:30   #2  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

You need to fix the timecodes using BDEdit, sometimes the timecodes are identical, but sometimes they are totally different values, TSMuxer default value is 10:00.000, most commercial blu-ray discs use 00:11.650, the value may change for bonus content.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 05:20   #3  |  Link
V!roX

Problem solved, I didn't realize that the playlist file doesn't necessarily use the same name as the stream file. So I tried to replace the wrong mpls-file, which caused the Blu-ray to play a short black clip over the whole 7:53 minutes!

Thanks anyway, I now understand the BD structure much better.
V!roX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 06:32   #4  |  Link
ocean

Exactly, the file always equal to m2ts is the clipinf, the mpls playlist that changes at times.

Last edited by ocean; 22nd September 2017 at 06:38.
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, blank, bluray, m2ts, tsmuxer