Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 9th November 2010, 04:14   #1  |  Link
beameup

Windows7 Media Center Extender XBox 360 with High Bitrate WMV

I have searched through archives, but did not see a succesful scenario of using Windows7 Media Center Extender XBox 360 with High Bitrate WMV.

Everything works fine via XBOX 360 Dashboard player, but the same high bitrate WMV (15mb/s Peak) via the XBox media center extender is choppy at best.

I see the same problem on Win7 64bit 1Gig (regardless of flow settings), but also Win7 32bit (100MB network card). Back in the XP Media Center days, they played fine as well via media center extender.

Been on a renewed hunt to try to find a solution to this problem, so if anyone truly has high bitrate (15mbs peak) 1080p WMV content working in Win7 64 or 32 bit via xbox 360 media center extender, I would like to hear the specifics of the configuration that is working and hope to see a mediainfo (or equiv) result of the high bitrate content.

So far I am not seeing anything that convinces me that anyone with high bitrate WMV 1080p content is actually working over the xbox 360 media center extender win Win7 64 or 32 bit. I desire to be proven wrong, but I believe that MS has just gone down a path that suited their priorities and high bitrate content via media center extender is clearly not one of their priorities or was a casualty of some undisclosed trade-off.

I am going to try a conversion to dvrms / wtv file to see if that gets around the problem, but expect that I would loose quality and/or compression ratio.
beameup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high bitrate, media center extender, wmv, xbox