Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th September 2020, 23:15   #1  |  Link
anton_foy

Encode UHD prores 444(4)

Hi, I am trying to encode a UHD (3840x2160) video filtered with Avisynth+ and encode prores444 (or 4444) but the only thing I can get is the Prores as "YUV 8-bit 4:2:0" to work and the needed info gets lost.

This is how it looks in "External encoder";
-> "Edit external encoder profile", Command Arguments: -f rawvideo -s %(width)x%(height) -r %(fpsnum)/%(fpsden) -i - -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 4 -pix_fmt yuv444p10 "%(tempvideofile)"
Under the "video"-tab I want to use "yuv444p16le - 16-bit YUV 4:4:4" but this just makes VDUB2 crash instantly when trying to encode.
Error: Oops -- VirtualDub has crashed... Or out of memory error.

Just for test I have tried "yuv444p - 8-bit YUV 4:4:4", this gives me a green-blueish tinted image and "yuv422p - 8-bit YUV 4:2:2"
gives me a green-tinted image.

Is it even possible to encode in higher than 8-bit and 4:4:4 prores (or DNXHR) in VirtualDub2 (Build 44282)?

Thanks
anton_foy is offline   Reply With Quote