Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 5th March 2013, 07:07   #1  |  Link
adamhj

help, ffdshow got conflict with wmaudio decoder dmo?

recently i found that nearly all wmv files can not play on my pc. when i try to play a wmv file, mpc-hc opened it, zoom to the correct solution to the video file, but the progress bar does not move at all, and the rendering zone keeps black screen.

this problem does not happen in wmp12. but it exists in all other directshow-using apps, say, games which play wmv files

after some test, i found it seems that there is some problem between ffdshow and wmaudio decoder dmo, here is the graph which has the problem:

if i remove the ffdshow audio decoder and link the wmaudio decoder dmo output directly to directsound then the video can play. i had ffdshow audio decoder for all supported format on to work as an pre-process filter(mixer, dynamic volume control) so i do not want to disable it

i never meet this problem before on this machine. wmvs used to be playable (with ffdshow all-supported on), and i can't figure out what has changed as i can not remember when did i played a wmv file the last time.

i've tired enabling ffshow's wma7/8/9 decoding, but it does work, wma decoder is still in graph, even its metric is much lower than ffdshow's, and the problem continues (edit: this works in mpc-hc but not in other apps including graphedit)

so i am wondering is there anyone who have meet the same problem or can anyone give some advise on this

my system is win7x64, full patched. my mainly used player is mpc-hc, ffshow tryout rev4500, all software/decoder mentioned here(except the os) are all 32 bits