Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 26th May 2009, 04:48   #2721  |  Link
plantunes

My WIN7 is 32bit.
How can I do that? What is vmware???
Thanks...
plantunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 20:29   #2722  |  Link
Yaka

vmware allows you run runn diff os's within an os, on my tux box i run vmware and xp/win7 as and when i need to. its pointless for you tho as you are already running win7 32bit
Yaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 13:51   #2723  |  Link
plantunes

But I can't install mkv2vob on my win7 32 bits!
Windows always states that MKV2VOB is not a Win32 bits valid aplication!!!!
I do need mkv2vob urgently!!!!
Can anybody help me with this???
plantunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 13:10   #2724  |  Link
pel0quin

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantunes View Post
But I can't install mkv2vob on my win7 32 bits!
Windows always states that MKV2VOB is not a Win32 bits valid aplication!!!!
I do need mkv2vob urgently!!!!
Can anybody help me with this???
Have u tried installing it in compatability mode ie Win XP
pel0quin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 01:43   #2725  |  Link
jdryyz

I have a couple of questions:

1) Should I be posting this to the actual "mkv2vob" forums now? I noticed mkv2vob has its own domain.

2) Someone already asked about converting mkv2vob-converted mpg files back to .mkv. I wish to do the same since I no longer have a PS3 but have a collection of mpg files I have converted. .mkv files *are* compatible with my Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray player. It handles stand-alone media files very well and the .mkv format is best suited for my needs. Why not just refer to my source DVDs and reconvert them? Because I gave away most of them. It would be a shame to have the mpgs go to waste.
jdryyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 05:22   #2726  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryyz View Post
Why not just refer to my source DVDs and reconvert them? Because I gave away most of them. It would be a shame to have the mpgs go to waste.
We can't help you with material you no longer legitimately own.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 21:14   #2727  |  Link
jdryyz

Okay, that is fair. But, can it be done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
We can't help you with material you no longer legitimately own.
jdryyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 01:53   #2728  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryyz View Post
Okay, that is fair. But, can it be done?
Struck for rule 16 violation.
Old 15th July 2010, 03:02   #2729  |  Link
Peakr

Is this tool still being developed? It seems anything muxed with mkvtoolnix 4.1 or greater breaks mkv2vob's ability to patch the DTS audio in an MKV for streaming to PS3. It therefore try's to re-convert it to AC3.

Last edited by Peakr; 15th July 2010 at 03:12.
Peakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 04:01   #2730  |  Link
wormraper

I'm having an interesting problem. I use MKV2VOB a lot for converting 1080p and 720p files all the time to avchd or vob to play on my ps3. However I also have some standard def mkv's that I'd like to play on my ps3 but need to convert to avchd first.

However on the standard def stuff when I convert to AVCHD or to file the audio is drastically out of sync with the video. However this is never the case with 1080p or 720p files, even when re-encoded to add subs. I've noticed that it does this with MultiAVCHD and MKV2VOB as well so It's not just a program glitch I'm guessing. Anyone care to shed any light on the situation??
wormraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 04:05   #2731  |  Link

What are the specs on the MKV files and how did you make them?
Old 22nd July 2010, 04:10   #2732  |  Link
wormraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
What are the specs on the MKV files and how did you make them?
converted using Megui from my DVD's

23.976 fps
using x264
.srt or .ass subs (I switched to .ass after I like the styling better)
aac audio encoded using Neroaac

I basically encode all my anime down using x264 to my hard drive and used to play it on my monitor. now that I have a ps3 I'd like to pop them on the ps3 using avchd on a 128gig usb stick or just stream the .vob/mpg etc.. files using my media server (damn ps3 not supporting softsubs and mkv)

avchd was the perfect mix because I could use the subs without re-encoding from some of my blu ray rips I made.

the only time this audio lag happens is with resolutions other than HD resolutions.

happens after it has to transcode. I had hard subbed a couple of my first encodes before I decided on softsubs so I converted those files without transcoding to file and the audio is fine even from aac to ac3. It only happens when I transcode the video to be avchd compliant or to encode to add the subtitle track. However only on the SD stuff, anything with an HD resolution can be transcoded just fine without any glitch.

Last edited by wormraper; 22nd July 2010 at 04:35.
wormraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 04:32   #2733  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
I downloaded a fansub .mkv of an anime show
That's a rule 6 violation no matter what your purpose is.

@all

No help for this issue.
Old 10th November 2012, 17:48   #2734  |  Link
msp1518

Greetings, all. Gents, it's been a while since I did this so clearly I have screwed something up. I had a number of sporting events in HD as mkv's and used mkv2vob to convert them to a file structure I could use to burn to DVD-R or duel layer DVD+r's with ImgBurn. In this case, I have a wedding video I was given as an mkv and want to make a playable disk for my wife.

Well, I have now created two duel layer coasters, as they have sound, but just a black screen for the picture. Whoops. What the heck am I doing wrong?

I am following these instructions, which are for Blu-Ray, but I had thought were interchangeable...
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=9512

Maybe not? It's been so long since I did this I lost the instructions and used the above because they did seem right.

The actual mkv2vob conversion on the attempted video was made long ago. Back when I knew what I was doing. I just never got around to making the disk.

Also, I just tried something new (an mkv I had on the drive, it's less than 4 gig in size) and had the same result. Black video. But audio is fine.

I pop the disk into my PS3, it plays, but with a black screen.

Any ideas?

Here is the look of the file structure after mkv2vob does its thing (I blanked out the actual file name since it's the name of the bride).
msp1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 18:05   #2735  |  Link
sneaker_ger

You could try remuxing with tsmuxer, which offers similar features to mkv2vob (but no video or audio reencoding).

If you can't bring either of those softwares to output working discs, I recommend doing a proper encode using the manual in this thread (examples are currently down, sadly).
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 18:09   #2736  |  Link
msp1518

UPDATE: I successfully created a single layer burn. But then I did another (different title) and it had the same no video issue.

So I am completely confused.

Last edited by msp1518; 10th November 2012 at 19:54.
Old 11th November 2012, 22:51   #2737  |  Link
msp1518

More craziness. I really only have success using DVDfab. But not always. I'm going to look around at programs like PS3Muxer, etc. and start experimenting.
Old 30th July 2013, 11:19   #2738  |  Link
DeWTurk

thanks great app
DeWTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 15:36   #2739  |  Link
pk1209

hi all - been using mkv2vob successfully for a long time, but after not using the app for a few months (ran out of HDD space on media server, so was storing up mkv's) I'm running into repeated problems patching the DTS. The first file I tried worked fine, patched DTS and playing on PS3 fine. However, I've tried about 6-7 more DTS files and 1 of 2 things keeps happening. Either it tries to transcode the DTS to ACS (option definitely not ticked) or it says "Patching DTS" for about a second, then switches to "muxing" so the DTS obviously isn't patched.

I've updated MKV tool nix and used MKV merge do re-mux with no encoding on the audio or video, with subs and chapters removed from the file, but the results are the same.

Can't think why this is happening, and since I have a shiny new Home Cinema system, I really need by DTS tracks!

Any help much appreciated!!
pk1209 is offline   Reply With Quote