Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 1st August 2008, 03:08   #1261  |  Link
Comatose

ffdshow

Well, actually, I used ffmpegsource the first time around, but that was before I realized CoreAVC was at fault :P
(at least I think that's the case... it might be something else, but ffdshow works and CoreAVC doesn't)
Old 1st August 2008, 03:09   #1262  |  Link

@rebkell

I'm not optimistic about solving this for you. It appears that the TS cutter is orphaning frames from their required SPS/PPS's. I'm not surprised that a naive TS cutter would do that. I'm sorry to say it, but it's not my problem if another application generates an insane stream. You could mention this to the authors and see if they are interested in doing anything about it.

When I get my unit and need to edit streams, I'll write a proper AVC TS cutter.

Last edited by Guest; 1st August 2008 at 03:22.
Old 1st August 2008, 03:20   #1263  |  Link

Version 1.0.0 alpha 32

* Support Hauppage HD PVR streams generated with no IDRs (default configuration). You must enable the option "Treat I as IDR". Delete your previous INI file!

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec.html

And, oops, I forgot to bump the DGA file version, so please re-create your projects.

Last edited by Guest; 1st August 2008 at 03:24.
Old 1st August 2008, 03:35   #1264  |  Link

@Comatose

The Hauppage stream you provided is 1280x720p 59.94. When you capture 1920x1080, is the AVC stream field encoded? Do you have a sample for me, please?

EDIT: I found some samples. They are PAFF TFF. The great news is that libavcodec handles them just fine and does not generate the famous artifacts for some PAFF encodings!

Last edited by Guest; 1st August 2008 at 03:54.
Old 1st August 2008, 04:47   #1265  |  Link
Comatose

Thanks a ton again!
edit: Works great

Last edited by Comatose; 1st August 2008 at 05:02.
Old 1st August 2008, 05:05   #1266  |  Link
rebkell

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
@rebkell

I'm not optimistic about solving this for you. It appears that the TS cutter is orphaning frames from their required SPS/PPS's. I'm not surprised that a naive TS cutter would do that. I'm sorry to say it, but it's not my problem if another application generates an insane stream. You could mention this to the authors and see if they are interested in doing anything about it.

When I get my unit and need to edit streams, I'll write a proper AVC TS cutter.
Looking forward to that day. I'm hoping these units turn mainstream and you know the old saying 'necessity is the mother of invention'.

Until then, I'll try to figure out an alternative solution, or just store all my recordings uncut.
Old 2nd August 2008, 02:05   #1267  |  Link

Version 1.0.0 alpha 33

* Fixed a bad regression in alpha 32. Don't ask.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec.html
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:32   #1268  |  Link
amango

@neuron2

Will you adress these PAFF-encoded videos soon? (showing those artefacts like in my sample)

I have several HD-movies recorded which I like to encode.

Last edited by amango; 2nd August 2008 at 11:36.
Old 2nd August 2008, 12:35   #1269  |  Link

Quote:
Will you adress these PAFF-encoded videos soon?
I hope so, but remember that I will have a big learning curve to understand the lavc code. Hopefully an upgrade to the latest code will solve some of the issues. That can be done pretty quickly.

Since you're asking things of me, can I ask you to help close out the issue you raised:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amango View Post
I just copied this script from one user from videohelp.com who wanted to convert 720p50 to SD.

I really don't know why. I am using "DVX" (from Stax) for years now.

Usually I do this all the time to encode videos:
I start DGIndex or DGAVCDec - Save a project. Then I drop the index file from your programs to DVX. DVX recognites the delay from the audio file name. I cut the video and start the encoding process. DVX uses Besweet and starts VirtualDubMod to mux the video.

Soon after I updated to Alpha 28, I got this delays in my files. Reverting back to Alpha 26, they were all in synch again.

I will try it again manually as you said.
Will you provide the manual results soon?
Old 2nd August 2008, 13:10   #1270  |  Link
amango

With you latest release I have no synch issue anymore (using the same script). That was only in Alpha 28.
Old 2nd August 2008, 13:15   #1271  |  Link

OK, I'll consider it closed. Nevertheless, there is still a mystery there, because even with alpha 28 I could not see any problem. But if you're happy, I'm happy.
Old 2nd August 2008, 14:35   #1272  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoufleur View Post
I know H.264 is itself is a relative new standard, and DGAVCIndex is in it's beginning. If you think these files might be worth of debugging, I would be very grateful.
All your issues except the libavcodec problem have now been addressed and fixed. Thank you for your trouble report and test streams.
Old 2nd August 2008, 18:49   #1273  |  Link
rebkell

I have a question about the avs template and the command line interface. I haven't been using the avs template, but I plan to in the future, but I will want to use it with the command line and I didn't see any way to specify the template file. I'm figuring I'll probably only have two or three templates that I'll use, but was wondering if there is a way to specify a template file to create the avs when running the indexer from the command line?

If I missed it in the docs, I apologize.
Old 2nd August 2008, 18:58   #1274  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

H.264-2007-11 updated spec AR issue

Illegal aspect ratio.... or not.

(As i just reported to dvbviewer aswell off topic: http://www.dvbviewer.info/forum/inde...howtopic=28515)

Here is the error:

Here are the specs:
http://www.itu.int/rec/dologin_pub.a...F-E&type=items
Here is a sample:
http://files.x264.nl/luxe_tv_hd_ar_4x3_or_16x9.ts

After clicking Yes: DGAVCIndex.exe crashes:
AppName: dgavcindex.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 ModName: libavcodec.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000b657d

(off topic again: Upcoming CoreAVC has this issue fixed
Sorry for the 2 unrelated offtopics... but the more people know, the less redundant reports will be made, edit if needed!)
Old 2nd August 2008, 21:49   #1275  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
I didn't see any way to specify the template file. I'm figuring I'll probably only have two or three templates that I'll use, but was wondering if there is a way to specify a template file to create the avs when running the indexer from the command line?
Currently not. You can edit the INI file programmatically but I concede that it is inconvenient. I'll put it on the to-do list.
Old 2nd August 2008, 22:05   #1276  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob0r View Post
After clicking Yes: DGAVCIndex.exe crashes:
AppName: dgavcindex.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 ModName: libavcodec.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000b657d
It doesn't crash for me in alpha 33 after dismissing the errors, but I'll fix it. The spec was updated to add two more aspect ratios and all the decoders have to be revised accordingly.

Last edited by Guest; 2nd August 2008 at 22:47.
Old 2nd August 2008, 22:07   #1277  |  Link
Comatose

Uhm, reporting back ;_; It doesn't seem to be working too well :x (talking about the sample I gave you before)

Last time I only tried seeking the HD PVR ts in DGAVCIndex, which was fine, but there's something weird with the output ;_;
Using a certain scene as reference, the scene started at frame 573 (9.560s in) with DGAVCIndex and at frame 601 (10.027s in, I seeked frame by frame from frame 0) with ffmpegsource.
The audio is not in sync with the video produced by using AVCSource() on the DGA, but it is with the FFMpegSource video. DGAVCIndex specifies a -12ms delay when demuxing the audio, but the difference is larger than 12ms.

I'm uploading a 41MB sample with about 2000 frames (from frame 0).

edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?giik5lq05y7
Note that when the first scene after the logos starts, the audio is silent but once it starts it should be pretty obvious what the audio should sync to (the boots).

Last edited by Comatose; 2nd August 2008 at 22:38.
Old 3rd August 2008, 14:12   #1278  |  Link

You haven't given me your entire process. I need your script and I need to know what the final format is and how you played it.

Here is what I did. I made a project with DGAVCIndex a33, demuxing the aac audio. Then I converted the audio to WAV using:

faad -o out.wav sample2.aac

Then I made this script:

vid=AVCSource("sample2.dga")
aud=WAVSource("out.wav").delayaudio(-0.012)
audiodub(vid,aud)

Now, a) I play sample2.ts directly in VLC 0.8.6c, and b) I play the script in BSPlayer. The result is that the sync is identical between the two.

Thus I cannot duplicate any issue.

Regarding ffmpegsource(), did you notice that the first 30 frames were garbage?

Last edited by Guest; 3rd August 2008 at 14:29.
Old 3rd August 2008, 14:56   #1279  |  Link
canTsTop

hello, i noticed there is some changes in PAFF decoding http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk...odec/?view=log

i want to try compile libavcodec.dll from latest ffmpeg svn, but i need to change some version string (libavcodec.txt), so DGAVCIndex accepts libavcodec.dll. Can you guide me how to do this change, please?
Old 3rd August 2008, 15:02   #1280  |  Link

I'm working on that myself right now.

I need to diff my lavc tree against the old version I used to get you the lavc diffs I made. But it won't help you because I haven't released the DGAVCIndex code that checks the version number. And it would be a bad situation if you made different lavc dll's with the same version number.

Be patient for a few days. Upgrading lavc is my top priority right now.
Closed Thread