Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 13th April 2008, 18:05   #4281  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
eac3to v2.40 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* added: new option "log=c:\whatever\log.txt" specifies the log file path/name
Only some bugfixes and minor improvements this week.
A big, BIG thank you for the log option.
Old 13th April 2008, 18:11   #4282  |  Link
Bluestraw

Quote:
Which VC-1 decoder are you using? I'm generally having major performance issues with the MS VC-1 decoder on interlaced content. Does the original m2ts file play fluidly for you in the same media player and with the same decoder with which the MKV stutters?
The original m2ts file does play fluidly. I tried demuxing with xport but then found that mkvmerge doesn't accept VC1 files, and gdsmux seems to 'stick' at 0%. It's been bugging me all day - tried various things, specifying timecode files in mkvmerge etc, still no luck. Also tried FFDShow's decoder, same result. Tried latest Haali, same result.
Old 13th April 2008, 18:15   #4283  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestraw View Post
The original m2ts file does play fluidly.
With which decoder and in which media player?
Old 13th April 2008, 18:19   #4284  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
eac3to source.evo 1: video.mkv 3: audio.ac3 -libav

This will give you an MKV file with the video track in it and a separate AC3 file with the first audio track in it - transcoded from E-AC3 to AC3. You will need to use the freeware mkvtoolnix to combined video and audio into one MKV file. eac3to currently doesn't do that for you.
Thanks what I thought. How is the delay handled because I'm have issues with the audio being out of sync?
Old 13th April 2008, 18:23   #4285  |  Link
Bluestraw

Quote:
With which decoder and in which media player?
WM Decoder, MPC, Haali (version before latest - though I tried latest as well with same result. Latest version no good for me due to the LPCM 'noise' issue). Also the BD itself plays flawlessly in PDVD and Arcsoft. Though I get no audio playback on the orignal m2ts in MPC - it's TrueHD. Not relevant probably, but just to complete the information.
Old 13th April 2008, 19:29   #4286  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
Thanks what I thought. How is the delay handled because I'm have issues with the audio being out of sync?
audio delay should automatically be taken care of. For whatever reason this fails to work correctly on a few titles. But for most titles it works just fine.

Quote:
WM Decoder, MPC, Haali
Hmmmmm... Then it probably is an eac3to problem. It will be difficult to fix for me, though, because my PC doesn't seem to like interlaced VC-1 HD content at all. With MPC, Haali and MS VC-1 decoder every 1080i60 VC-1 content stutters a lot for me.

Quote:
Also the BD itself plays flawlessly in PDVD and Arcsoft.
That has no meaning because they use different splitters and decoders.
Old 13th April 2008, 19:38   #4287  |  Link
Bluestraw

Quote:
Hmmmmm... Then it probably is an eac3to problem. It will be difficult to fix for me, though, because my PC doesn't seem to like interlaced VC-1 HD content at all. With MPC, Haali and MS VC-1 decoder every 1080i60 VC-1 content stutters a lot for me.
Do you have any suggestions of other things I could try as workarounds, or maybe to help pinpoint where the error lies? I'm happy to do various testing if that helps you out?

EDIT - Seems I was wrong, the original m2ts playback IS also wrong. It runs smoothly, but seems to run half-speed. Since there was no audio playing, I didn't spot it since it looked smooth.

Same result in FFDshow. Don't suppose there is another VC1 decoder that works with interlaced content? I realise it's not an eac3to question, so I promise I won't ask it again if I'm ignored

Last edited by Bluestraw; 13th April 2008 at 20:21.
Old 13th April 2008, 19:46   #4288  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
eac3to v2.40 released
thanks once again!
Old 13th April 2008, 20:17   #4289  |  Link
TripleH

Hi,

What is the best way to mux blu-ray movies with seamless branching / multiple parts into mkv with the audio being converted to FLAC ?

Does eac3to able to work with multiple parts blu-ray movies just like it does with HD-DVD or should I use the copy /b method ?

In case I should use the copy b option, should I also run it through TsRemux after ?

Thanks.
Old 13th April 2008, 20:36   #4290  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

not yet, but it should be comming soon. best would be to wait with seamless branching until then
Old 13th April 2008, 21:36   #4291  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

i noticed that some blu-rays and tv sources have an ac3 delay of +/- 10 to 20 ms, which is not a full ac3 frame. what is done is such cases when I demux the audio, its rounded up or down to whereever it comes closest to 32? how can such a delay be in a (m2)ts file then and play completely in sync if it cant when muxing to .mkv? would there be a difference if I didnt demux, but just remux it all into .mkv without "dropping" it, will the delay then be the same as in the source? if not, is there actually a way not to have eac3to apply a delay at all at demuxing, for example when prefering to add this delay manually with mpc (i know its most likely not noticeable, but still)

btw. I noticed that when decoding a dtshd ma track to flac which has a delay then eac3to reports 'applying dts delay', although dts frames arent as well able to be delayed to 1ms specificly. wouldnt it make more sense then just to keep in mind the delay value and apply it to the flac afterwards, since it can be done there up to 1ms correctly?

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 13th April 2008 at 21:40.
Old 13th April 2008, 21:56   #4292  |  Link
rica

Hi guys,
i need your help.

I can't re-encode eac3 (of HD DVDs) to ac3 with eac3to (ver. 2.4.0.0)

Nero version 7.10.1.2
AnyDVD HD trial version 6.4.1.2

First i demuxed EVO with TSMuxer 1.7.2.b and gave it a go:
I got this:

Log:

OK, i tried DelayCut to fix:

Encoding fixed file gave me:

And this is the bug report:

Second, i tried demuxing with TSRemux V.0.0.20.0

That time it didn't want DelayCut and i started eac3to.
Again crash and this is the bug report:

Thanks in advance.

NB: The trial HD DVD was Terminator 3.

Last edited by rica; 13th April 2008 at 22:11.
Old 13th April 2008, 22:20   #4293  |  Link
BLKMGK

Why are you demuxing with something other than eac3to? My process is to put HD-DVd in drive with AnyDVD running, point top it with eac3to, get the track listing, then pull the desired video out to a MKV and grab the desired audio to an AC3. Compress with meGUI using x264, merge with MKVmerge, done. 20+ movies and I've had zero issues with the output. Only weird one was the first Harry Potter, still not figured that one out. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=135361
Old 13th April 2008, 22:33   #4294  |  Link
rica

Thanks, i'll try with your method.
Old 13th April 2008, 22:48   #4295  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKMGK View Post
Why are you demuxing with something other than eac3to? My process is to put HD-DVd in drive with AnyDVD running, point top it with eac3to, get the track listing, then pull the desired video out to a MKV and grab the desired audio to an AC3. Compress with meGUI using x264, merge with MKVmerge, done. 20+ movies and I've had zero issues with the output. Only weird one was the first Harry Potter, still not figured that one out. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=135361
For AVC do you extract the h264 from the MKV and use DGAVCIndex or just create a script for the MKV file?

Last edited by rack04; 14th April 2008 at 02:58.
Old 13th April 2008, 23:08   #4296  |  Link
rica

BLKMGK,
This time i demuxed to ac3 directly from EVO created by AnyDVD via Eac3to.
Here is the log; problem is still going on:

Last edited by rica; 13th April 2008 at 23:40.
Old 14th April 2008, 01:28   #4297  |  Link
The_Savior

Thanks for all the replies. After a few more issues / hours I tried a few different items and it appears I've resolved the problem. Audio and video play now.

Small problem with Top Gun yet. Audio is out of sync by a second or less. I'm going try and run through it again to see if will resolve the issue.
Old 14th April 2008, 04:03   #4298  |  Link
scarbrtj

Quote:
Do you have any suggestions of other things I could try as workarounds, or maybe to help pinpoint where the error lies? I'm happy to do various testing if that helps you out?

EDIT - Seems I was wrong, the original m2ts playback IS also wrong. It runs smoothly, but seems to run half-speed. Since there was no audio playing, I didn't spot it since it looked smooth.

Same result in FFDshow. Don't suppose there is another VC1 decoder that works with interlaced content? I realise it's not an eac3to question, so I promise I won't ask it again if I'm ignored
This may work; it's worked for me in the past.

Use GraphEdit. Use the Haali media splitter on the m2ts file (insert directshow filter, etc.). Then, insert the Haali Matroska muxer and link up the video and audio.

See if the resulting .mkv file works for you.

I don't know if vc1conv would work on your elementary VC-1 file but that might be worth a shot too.
Old 14th April 2008, 06:56   #4299  |  Link
Denner

Quote:

4GB LPCM sounds like a typical 16bit LPCM track. 16bit LPCM compresses extremely well with FLAC. The end result is typically somewhere between 900MB and 1.5GB. 6GB LPCM would be a typical size of a 24bit LPCM track (of course the real size depends on the runtime of the movie!). 24bit LPCM tracks don't compress as well with either FLAC or TrueHD.

Yes - that much!! But only for 16bit LPCM tracks...

Wow and thanks for the quick awnsers, I get uncompressed 16bit audio at only 1gb for a whole movie, a shame that FLAC is not an official codec on Blu-Ray, think of all the space they could save on audio and use on the video
Old 14th April 2008, 07:06   #4300  |  Link
Denner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Savior View Post
Thanks for all the replies. After a few more issues / hours I tried a few different items and it appears I've resolved the problem. Audio and video play now.

Small problem with Top Gun yet. Audio is out of sync by a second or less. I'm going try and run through it again to see if will resolve the issue.
I solved it by demuxing the audio with EVOdemux, and not applying any audio delay, and then encoding the audio with eac3to, and my version of Top Gun is now in perfect sync
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to