Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 18th March 2011, 21:41   #1  |  Link
Malaksbane

cmdline vdub.exe slow to return

Hi all.

For some time I've been using a cmd script to demux DV avi's with VDub (cmdline), process the audio with SoX and then remux video and the processed audio. Worked like a charm (on Win2K VDub 1.9.6).

However, on a new system with Windows 7 with VDub 1.9.11 as well as 1.9.6 VDub.exe takes a long time for it's 'Ending Operation' and return to the commandline (or script rather) after finishing a dub.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

I don't fancy running 30 gui-vdubs simultaneously but might be able to rewrite the whole thing to demux all files (in one job), process all audio and then remux them all (in one job). Though I'd rather keep the working script.

Thanks for your time
Malaksbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2011, 09:17   #2  |  Link
Malaksbane

Update.

I tried again today and there was no delay. I can not say for certain but my suspicion is with Mcafee sabotaging it. the delay is gone now that I replaced McAfee with something more reliable.

This piece of crapware already complained when I downloaded VirtualDub about the software being 'unwanted' or something. It didn't find anything though. Then the problem with the command-line version not returning after dubbing, a problem that nobody had encountered before which happened to disappear together with McAfee.

I can't be certain off course, two weeks between removing the crapware and noticing that vdub.exe works as ever, but still ...
Old 28th April 2011, 08:46   #3  |  Link
Malaksbane

Finally,

The mcafee thing was too bizarre to be true, but I think I found the cause in Vdub using system codecs - and in particular the Matrox codecs that Lightworks wants installed.

Thanks for your time