Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th December 2023, 05:42   #2841  |  Link
hello_hello
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedautinh12 View Post
Did you use latest vc++?
I have now but it made no difference. I also installed the latest updates for Windows 11. I'd forgotten how slow and painful that process is.

As it didn't solve the problem I thought I'd try some older FFMS2 versions. Fortunately I didn't have to go back far. 64 bit r1369 works normally in Wine and on Windows 11. 32 bit r1369 works normally in a 32 bit Wine prefix.
It's a mystery.....

hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 05:46   #2842  |  Link
kedautinh12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,127
r1387 work with me too
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 05:52   #2843  |  Link
hello_hello
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvG View Post
@hello_hello, with ffms2_test1 I get the same error ("... zero size audio"). Try ffms2_test2.
Thanks, but unfortunately that takes me back to the access violation error. It's still happening in both Wine and Windows 11.
I've even tried completely emptying the auto-loading plugins folder (aside from FFMS2) just in case.... but it didn't help.

Cheers.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 06:22   #2844  |  Link
kedautinh12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,127
You can check with Dependencies, drag and drop ffm2.dll to app
https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies/releases

Last edited by kedautinh12; 8th December 2023 at 06:32.
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 06:38   #2845  |  Link
StvG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Thanks, but unfortunately that takes me back to the access violation error. It's still happening in both Wine and Windows 11.
I've even tried completely emptying the auto-loading plugins folder (aside from FFMS2) just in case.... but it didn't help.

Cheers.
You're using not very recent avs+? Try this ffms2_test3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedautinh12 View Post
You can check with Dependencies, drag and drop ffm2.dll to app
https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies/releases
It's not related to the dependencies. If some dependency is missing the error will be that the function ffms2 is not found.
StvG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 06:53   #2846  |  Link
hello_hello
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvG View Post
You're using not very recent avs+? Try this ffms2_test3.
Success!!!! Thank you.

I'm using Avisynth+ 3.7.2, because I haven't been motivated to replace DitherTools yet, but I did try 3.7.3 and it produced the same access violation error.

If I was to ask you what the problem was, would I understand the answer?

Thanks again!
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 07:08   #2847  |  Link
StvG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Success!!!! Thank you.

I'm using Avisynth+ 3.7.2, because I haven't been motivated to replace DitherTools yet, but I did try 3.7.3 and it produced the same access violation error.

If I was to ask you what the problem was, would I understand the answer?

Thanks again!
For r1369 when I initially added audio channel mask I added similar check to this one - if the new audio property is not supported by avs+ (not very recent version) it would not add such property. After the official ffms2 added audio channel mask (without such check if avs+ supports channel mask), I removed my patch for channel mask. Now I have to add again this check.

ffms2_test1 is using different ffmpeg libraries and that's why the error was different. It's ffmpeg culprit.

About DitherTools - you can try this one with the newer avs+.
StvG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 07:45   #2848  |  Link
hello_hello
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvG View Post
For r1369 when I initially added audio channel mask I added similar check to this one - if the new audio property is not supported by avs+ (not very recent version) it would not add such property. After the official ffms2 added audio channel mask (without such check if avs+ supports channel mask), I removed my patch for channel mask. Now I have to add again this check.
Well that's annoying because as I wrote in an earlier post I checked it with Avisynth+ 3.7.3 but it still produced the same error. Well.... apparently I didn't... because I tried again and r1387 works fine with Avisynth+ 3.7.3. Maybe I did something silly like replace Avisynth.dll in the wrong Wine prefix or replaced it while AvsPmod was still open or something..... sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvG View Post
About DitherTools - you can try this one with the newer avs+.
Cheers. I'll update Avisynth+ now.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 08:08   #2849  |  Link
kedautinh12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvG View Post
About DitherTools - you can try this one with the newer avs+.
This dither for 64 bit, you need ask Asd-g to support 32 bit with newer avs+ too, @hello_hello
https://gitlab.com/uvz/AviSynthPlus-...ripts/-/issues
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 08:26   #2850  |  Link
StvG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 433
ffms2_r1390
StvG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 08:30   #2851  |  Link
hello_hello
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvG View Post
Thanks.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2023, 15:36   #2852  |  Link
flossy_cake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvG View Post
^ this is working for me too, with regards to both audio and prefetch.

In light of this ffms2 is now top tier for me. If it could do multithreaded indexing to speed up the indexing process, that would put it ahead of LWLibav for me personally - would that even be possible in theory or is indexing a strictly linear process?
flossy_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2023, 11:35   #2853  |  Link
rgr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 17
"int atrack = -2
The audio track to open. atrack=-1 means select the first available track. atrack=-2 (the default) means audio is disabled."

It would be useful to know in the manual that the track numbering starts from 1.
rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2023, 18:08   #2854  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey
 
Myrsloik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kinnarps Chair
Posts: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr View Post
"int atrack = -2
The audio track to open. atrack=-1 means select the first available track. atrack=-2 (the default) means audio is disabled."

It would be useful to know in the manual that the track numbering starts from 1.
It doesn't. All tracks share the same number series. Your file probably has video as track 0.
__________________
VapourSynth - proving that scripting languages and video processing isn't dead yet
Myrsloik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2023, 09:27   #2855  |  Link
rgr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
It doesn't. All tracks share the same number series. Your file probably has video as track 0.
Ok now I understand. The description suggested to me that ffms2 only renumbers audio tracks.
rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2023, 09:29   #2856  |  Link
rgr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 17
I downloaded a new version (I don't remember what old one I had) and I see some error.
ffms2 creates (at least for some files) the index file from scratch, even though one already exists (and was created by the new version of ffms2).
rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2023, 13:01   #2857  |  Link
rgr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr View Post
I downloaded a new version (I don't remember what old one I had) and I see some error.
ffms2 creates (at least for some files) the index file from scratch, even though one already exists (and was created by the new version of ffms2).
I found an error pattern -- for files with national characters in the name, the ffindex file is always created even if it exists.
rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2023, 14:23   #2858  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer
 
StainlessS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Over the rainbow
Posts: 10,956
Good post rgr,
helps dev find code location of error.
__________________
I sometimes post sober.
StainlessS@MediaFire ::: AND/OR ::: StainlessS@SendSpace

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2023, 03:12   #2859  |  Link
StvG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 433
ffms2_r1391

AviSynth: fixed unnecessary index recreating.
StvG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2023, 19:13   #2860  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder
 
FranceBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, UK
Posts: 2,836
Thank you!
Looks like I have something to test on Monday ehehehehehe
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.