Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC)

Old 23rd July 2020, 16:40   #1  |  Link
YaBoyShredderson

4K Bluray Rip Compression Tutorial?

With 1080p blurays, i simply take the mkv, put it through handbrake with my desired settings and im done. But handbrake isnt suitable for HDR, as it doesnt handle 10bit properly, nor retains HDR metadata (i dont think?).

So i downloaded staxrip, but i have no idea how to use it. Any decent tutorials that are easy to follow along? I want to save a profile/custom preset (i dont even know how to do that yet) that i can use for all of my HDR stuff, minor tweaks here and there if need be.

Im looking for a transparent encode, NOT hdr to sdr or anything like that.

Also, i would like to know what all of these settings in the many tabs of the encoding settings bit do. But a tutorial showing the best stuff to change, while leaving the stuff best left at deafult unexplained would be fine.
YaBoyShredderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2020, 05:36   #2  |  Link
RanmaCanada

Drop down in the tools/scripts that has exactly what you want. From there you can edit everything to whatever encoding settings you want.

There are 2 threads for staxrip support. This is probably not the place to ask those specific questions. I would suggest reading through the extremely long threads to get acquainted with everything.
RanmaCanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluray, hdr, sdr, staxrip, x265