Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 7th December 2011, 17:38   #41  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
I'd be quite happy if I was able to re-encode multi-channel SACD streams to multi-channel PCM streams.
The first thing to do is to copy the Sacd with a PS3 with Sacd Extract which makes an ISO.
http://code.google.com/p/sacd-ripper/downloads/list
Instructions ;
http://code.google.com/p/sacd-ripper...e/trunk/readme
Then you extract the dff files from the ISO with scarletbook.exe.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370915/Audio/scarletbook.rar
Then you can convert Dsd to PCM (2.0 and 5.1) with several programs like Weiss Saracon, KORG AudioGate, Philips ProTECH Audio Format Converter, Pyramix Virtual Studio, maybe DiscWelder and maybe Foobar with foo_input_sacd.dll ;
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/
More informations there ;
http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/show...action-backups

But Dsd will be converted in a multiple of 44,1 khz (88,2 or 176,4 khz) which is not supported by Blu-ray (or AVCHD), thus a frequency's conversion will have to be done, which is not ideal.
To avoid conversions, you can make a Dvd-audio which supports these frequencies.

Last edited by Music Fan; 8th December 2011 at 10:27.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 19:11   #42  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
The first thing to do is to copy the Sacd with a PS3 with Sacd Extract which makes an ISO.
Well it looks like "I'm out"...

I don't have a PS3 and have do desire to buy or borrow one
Old 7th December 2011, 20:41   #43  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of that

Anyway, it's good to know someone happened to take my suggestions seriously

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...62#post1474262
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 15:43   #44  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
I don't understand how to ;
-put different tracks in Super Author ; when I add a second track, the first track's properties change and become the same than the second ! Very annoying.
-know the tracks length (not detected by Super Author and it's apparently needed).
Thanks if anyone can explain it to me.
Does anybody know how to use Super Author ?

Actually, I found a way to know the duration of tracks : I add one track (dff file), I don't fill the duration, I verify the project ; a duration error is detected and the real duration of the file is given.
Then I copy this timecode in the duration box, I verify again and it's good.

Concerning my other question, I wonder if we can add several dff files in Super Author because I found that in the user manual's glossary ;
Quote:
Area ;
A continuous piece of audio that contains all the audio tracks of an SA-CD disc in succession. The area is divided into tracks by specifying the track timecodes.
There are two types of area: stereo and multi-channel. The audio data for each area is contained in a file with the extension .DFF.
I wanted to test Super Author with the DFF files given there ;
http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

If we have to merge the DFF files to add them as one DFF in Super Author, it's not practical.

I found that about the Sacd re-authoring ;
http://www.mailinglistarchive.com/ht.../msg00030.html
Quote:
I'm quite not into re-authoring SACDs but afaik the workflow is as
follows:
1) Scarletbook or sacd_extract: SACD-R iso -> uncompressed DSD tracks
2) Number the DSD tracks according to the playing order
3) DSDMerge: DSD tracks -> one big DSD track + cue sheet
4) Compress the merged DSD with Philips DST Encoder
5) Philips SuperAuthor: SACD-R authoring with using the cue sheet for
track point information
Old 17th February 2013, 17:55   #45  |  Link
leperlord

Quote:
Does anybody know how to use Super Author ?

Actually, I found a way to know the duration of tracks : I add one track (dff file), I don't fill the duration, I verify the project ; a duration error is detected and the real duration of the file is given.
Then I copy this timecode in the duration box, I verify again and it's good.

Concerning my other question, I wonder if we can add several dff files in Super Author because I found that in the user manual's glossary ;

I wanted to test Super Author with the DFF files given there ;
http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

If we have to merge the DFF files to add them as one DFF in Super Author, it's not practical.

I found that about the Sacd re-authoring ;
http://www.mailinglistarchive.com/ht.../msg00030.html

Can i plz bump this old thread

Ive been stuck on step 3 , DSDmerge for over a month or so . DSDmerge will not merge all the tracks no matter how big or small nor how i organize them . Any advice here is appreciated . I d also like to know where to purchase the 2 required Philips programs , Superauthor and DST encoder ,i go to Philips site and no items like that for sale are found . Or are there newer and maybe better programs now to use ? Please advise

Cheers
leperlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 22:36   #46  |  Link
Music Fan

I did only a few Sacd authorings at the time I wrote this message so I don't know if there are newer/better solutions to do what you need.
But I guess you can't merge 2.0 with 5.0 or 5.1 (or 5.0 with 5.1) and compressed dsd (in DST) with uncompressed dsd.
And as I supposed in 2011, Super Author needs one DFF. To create index to access each track, use the timecodes created by DSDMerge (look at the cue file).
Old 17th February 2013, 23:19   #47  |  Link
Music Fan

I found a message I wrote in a text file about DsdMerge ; actually it does not manage Dst ! So if you wanna merge Dst files (between them or with uncompressed dsd files), you first have to decompress them in linear dsd with Scarletbook. Look at its help ; you have to add -c in the command line to decompress dst and to do this you need to register the file DecoderComp.dll.

Then merge files and finally recompress it in Dst (with Philips ProTECH DST Encoder or other) to save space and put more tracks on disc.
And I believe Dst compression is mandatory for multichannel tracks.
Old 17th February 2013, 23:31   #48  |  Link
leperlord

Quote:
I did only a few Sacd authorings at the time I wrote this message so I don't know if there are newer/better solutions to do what you need.
But I guess you can't merge 2.0 with 5.0 or 5.1 (or 5.0 with 5.1) and compressed dsd (in DST) with uncompressed dsd.
And as I supposed in 2011, Super Author needs one DFF. To create index to access each track, use the timecodes created by DSDMerge (look at the cue file).
Thanks mate

Im understanding a tad more now , but not complete , i can be daft occasionally .

So i assume your telling me i can only merge either all files being 2.0 with other 2.0 , or 5.1 files with 5.1 files , no assorted of types it seems ? Is that correct mate ?

Im pretty sure i did that , but ill go back to the board again . I quote "To create index to access each track, use the timecodes created by DSDMerge (look at the cue file)."

That flew right over my head LOL . But do you mean theres a cue file created , and i must do something with it , or somehow the info in it ,and put it somewhere ?

Cheers
Old 17th February 2013, 23:35   #49  |  Link
leperlord

Quote:
I found a message I wrote in a text file about DsdMerge ; actually it does not manage Dst ! So if you wanna merge Dst files (between them or with uncompressed dsd files), you first have to decompress them in linear dsd with Scarletbook. Look at its help ; you have to add -c in the command line to decompress dst and to do this you need to register the file DecoderComp.dll.

Then merge files and finally recompress it in Dst (with Philips ProTECH DST Encoder or other) to save space and put more tracks on disc.
And I believe Dst compression is mandatory for multichannel tracks.
OWCH !!!!

That one hurt my brain LOL

I seem better off simply not mucking about with multichannel then , if i want M.C. Ill simply play the original disc in my 105 , so if my only interest is 2.0 and cherry picking my tracks from various sacds , i should be golden ? Or not ?

So to keep it simple only Extract DSD Stereo Files ?

Cheers

Last edited by leperlord; 17th February 2013 at 23:38.
Old 17th February 2013, 23:53   #50  |  Link
leperlord

Update

I used scarletbook , and only extracted DSD Stereo Files , i put those files in a folder with dsdmerge ,i run dsdmerge ,but all i get is a folder called CDImage with a cue file and another file in it . Yipes what am i doing wrong ? about a month ago i at least merged a portion of the files YIPES

Please advise more
Old 18th February 2013, 00:06   #51  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leperlord View Post
i can only merge either all files being 2.0 with other 2.0 , or 5.1 files with 5.1 files , no assorted of types it seems ? Is that correct mate ?
Yes. But as you can guess, you can put 2.0 and 5.1 (or 5.0, but not 5.0 and 5.1 together) on the same disc, but in two different folders, thus there are 2 files in this case.

Quote:
"To create index to access each track, use the timecodes created by DSDMerge (look at the cue file)."

That flew right over my head LOL . But do you mean theres a cue file created , and i must do something with it , or somehow the info in it ,and put it somewhere ?
Yes, Dsdmerge creates it and then you open it and copy its timecodes in the fields done for that in Super Author.
Old 18th February 2013, 00:08   #52  |  Link
leperlord

OK now

I may have understood a tad more here ? dsd merge wont do dst ,so i figured i was smart (mistake lol) and executed Extract DSD Stereo Files , BUT in foobar they re still seen as dst ,so i see a bit of light , but im still lost in the dark . Tho i executed Extract DSD Stereo Files , am i still getting DST files ? And why ?

Please advise more(In language for dummies please LOL) as im real stuck on this step ,i cant imagine how horrendous the next steps are LOL

Cheers
Old 18th February 2013, 00:09   #53  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
i run dsdmerge ,but all i get is a folder called CDImage with a cue file and another file in it
You should get a big dff file.
Old 18th February 2013, 00:15   #54  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
OK now

I may have understood a tad more here ? dsd merge wont do dst ,so i figured i was smart (mistake lol) and executed Extract DSD Stereo Files , BUT in foobar they re still seen as dst ,so i see a bit of light , but im still lost in the dark . Tho i executed Extract DSD Stereo Files , am i still getting DST files ? And why ?

Please advise more(In language for dummies please LOL) as im real stuck on this step ,i cant imagine how horrendous the next steps are LOL

Cheers
As I said above, if you want to decompress dst in linear dsd, you have to use to good bat (if I remember well, some bat are given with scarletbook) ; use the one including -c
And if the stereo part is not compressed in Dst (multichannel is always in dst), I guess this -c won't change anything.
Try with and without : the size will change if there is dst (~half the size when compressed in dst).
Old 18th February 2013, 00:16   #55  |  Link
leperlord

Quote:
You should get a big dff file.
Then im making a huge error ,i need to go eat supper and re fuel ,ive been at this for so long

Maybe ill figure it out after i munch n re fuel

Please feel free to chime in as to where you feel i may be going wrong ? Ie is there some file prep i need to do before using dsdmerge on the files ?

Cheers
Old 18th February 2013, 00:18   #56  |  Link
leperlord

Quote:
As I said above, if you want to decompress dst in linear dsd, you have to use to good bat (if I remember well, some bat are given with scarletbook) ; use the one including -c
And if the stereo part is not compressed in Dst (multichannel is always in dst), I guess this -c won't change anything.
Try with and without : the size will change if there is dst (~half the size when compressed in dst).
OK

That seems alot for a dummy like me , so if i can ill steer clear of the dst multichannels and just go with the dsd stereo ,i dont have a surround system anyhow , will this save me this step ? It seems like way over my head

Cheers

Last edited by leperlord; 18th February 2013 at 00:22.
Old 18th February 2013, 00:23   #57  |  Link
leperlord

PS

i have never ran a command line in my life , i have no idea where to even start on such a thing

YIPES
Old 18th February 2013, 00:24   #58  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
Please feel free to chime in as to where you feel i may be going wrong ?
I guess it doesn't work because your files are still in Dst, thus decompress correctly the album (from the original Iso) with scarletbook.
Use the bat named "Extract DST Stereo Files", here is its content (open it as a text file, change its extension if needed) ;
Code:
@Echo Off
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%k IN ('dir /b *.iso') DO scarletbook.exe -c -i"%%k"
Echo Extraction Completed
Pause
Old 18th February 2013, 00:28   #59  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
OK

That seems alot for a dummy like me , so if i can ill steer clear of the dst multichannels and just go with the dsd stereo ,i dont have a surround system anyhow , will this save me this step ? It seems like way over my head

Cheers
Simply extract the stereo part with the bat file.

Quote:
i have never ran a command line in my life , i have no idea where to even start on such a thing
Double-click on the bat file, it will launch the command line written in it.
Old 18th February 2013, 00:55   #60  |  Link
leperlord

Quote:
I guess it doesn't work because your files are still in Dst, thus decompress correctly the album (from the original Iso) with scarletbook.
Use the bat named "Extract DST Stereo Files", here is its content (open it as a text file, change its extension if needed) ;
Code:
@Echo Off
Pause
OK i ate , and im a tad smarter LOL

So yes i opened Extract DST Stereo Files in notepad , but i have no clue what do do next , or what exactly to change

Thanks for your advice and patience for hanging in there mate

I see this as well

@Echo Off
Pause

Cheers