Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 26th July 2019, 11:15   #1601  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi3gai4rui4 View Post
Any thoughts on what needs to change to get a 1920x2160 file?
Not sure. The problem is that SeparateFields() splits the image in two half.
I don't know if there is another way to force Interleave() to accept the full image as a single field. I'll have a look...
Old 26th July 2019, 11:17   #1602  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by konikpolny View Post
The guide's X placement for margin method moves the subtitles correctly but of the 2 (left+right) subtitle lines the right subtitle line has a very narrow margin and appears in the left view. As it has a very narrow margin the subtitle is spread from top to bottom word by word. This needs fixing.
OK, I guess it's only a stupid bug. I will fix it ASAP. Thanks for the beta testing!
Old 26th July 2019, 12:33   #1603  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
OK, I guess it's only a stupid bug.
Indeed, that was a stupid bug. The right margin was computed as the position from the left border of the image. It is now correctly the number of pixels from the right side.

Sorry, currently, I don't have much time to test my code. Anyway, here is a new beta. Please test it, especially with meaningful depth values from a good 3D-Plane, as my test did not take the depth into account.

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th July 2019 at 12:35.
Old 26th July 2019, 22:00   #1604  |  Link
konikpolny

Quote:
Anyway, here is a new beta. Please test it.
r0lZ,
Now the right view subtitles do appear on the right side, but the subtitles margins for it are still wrong and for example the subtitle one line "Is that understood?" correctly showing on the left side as one line, on the right view is stacked from top to bottom and displayed as:
Code:
    Is
   that
understood?
I think the marginL for the right subtitle is beyond the scope of the video size:
Half-SBS dimensions: 1920 x 1080
Dialogue: [....],3D,,314,961,304,,Is that understood?
Dialogue: [....],3D,,2223,962,304,,Is that understood?

Full-SBS dimensions: 3840 x 1080
Dialogue: [....],3D,,629,1923,304,,Is that understood?
Dialogue: [....],3D,,4445,1923,304,,Is that understood?

I would also suggest disabling and greying out the second Y option "except for subtitles in the top of the screen" if the first option "Ignore the guide for Y position" is not selected.

Last edited by konikpolny; 27th July 2019 at 12:34.
Old 27th July 2019, 00:01   #1605  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Not sure. The problem is that SeparateFields() splits the image in two half.
I don't know if there is another way to force Interleave() to accept the full image as a single field. I'll have a look...
Maybe:

left = SelectEven(interleaved).AssumeFieldBased()
right = SelectOdd(interleaved).AssumeFieldBased()

# Build combined Row-interlaced image
Interleave(left, right).Weave()
Old 27th July 2019, 14:03   #1606  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Maybe:

left = SelectEven(interleaved).AssumeFieldBased()
right = SelectOdd(interleaved).AssumeFieldBased()

# Build combined Row-interlaced image
Interleave(left, right).Weave()
Yes, I guess it's correct. I forgot AssumeFieldBased(). Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 27th July 2019, 14:06   #1607  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
I think the marginL for the right subtitle is beyond the scope of the video size:[...]

I would also suggest disabling and greying out the second Y option "except for subtitles in the top of the screen" if the first option "Ignore the guide for Y position" is not selected.
Done. Check this new beta. I think the X placement is now correct, but please check if the depth is also correct.

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th July 2019 at 14:11.
Old 28th July 2019, 02:00   #1608  |  Link
pyk123

Hi rolZ

I am very much grateful that you have made such a great program as someone who likes 3D very much.
I have a question for you.

How do I get 3dp files?
I tried many titles with MVCplanes2OFS..exe but failed.
How can I make 3dp files?

When I asked you this question a long time ago
You told me that I had a movie title problem
I have not been able to get all of the hundreds of titles I have in the meantime.

Every time I try, I always get this result.

please help!

#sample#

Command: "H:\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\MVCPlanes2OFS.exe" "00001.track_4114.mvc" "."

Searching 3D-Planes ...

Done

Searching and removing empty 3D-Planes...

Empty 3D-Plane #00 removed

Number of 3D-Planes in MVC stream : 1
Number of 3D-Planes written : 0
Number of frames : 0

Extraction took 43 seconds (00:00:43)
Extracted 0 3D-planes with 0 frames @ 0 fps.

Please note that the 3D depth values stored in the 3D-planes must be applied to the two views.
The total displacement between the two subtitles is therefore two times the depth value.
For that reason, BD3D2MK3D uses internally depths value multiplied by 2.
This allows the user to specify manually more precide odd values for the total displacement of the two subtitles.
The values stored in the <depth> tags of the temp 2D XML files are also multiplied by 2, for the same reason.

Source subtitle streams information:
- Eng PGS, 3D-plane: 1
- Eng PGS, 3D-plane: 2
- Eng PGS, 3D-plane: 3
- Eng PGS, 3D-plane: 4
- Ara PGS, 3D-plane: 5
- Bul PGS, 3D-plane: 6
- Zho PGS, 3D-plane: 7
- Zho PGS, 3D-plane: 8
- Zho PGS, 3D-plane: 9
- Hrv PGS, 3D-plane: 10
- Ces PGS, 3D-plane: 11
- Ell PGS, 3D-plane: 12
- Heb PGS, 3D-plane: 13
- Hun PGS, 3D-plane: 14
- Isl PGS, 3D-plane: 15
- Ind PGS, 3D-plane: 16
- Kor PGS, 3D-plane: 17
- Msa PGS, 3D-plane: 18
- Pol PGS, 3D-plane: 19
- Por PGS, 3D-plane: 20
- Por PGS, 3D-plane: 21
- Ron PGS, 3D-plane: 22
- Srp PGS, 3D-plane: 23
- Slk PGS, 3D-plane: 24
- Slv PGS, 3D-plane: 25
- Spa PGS, 3D-plane: 26
- Spa PGS, 3D-plane: 27
- Tha PGS, 3D-plane: 28
- Tur PGS, 3D-plane: 29
- Vie PGS, 3D-plane: 30

console message

Done with warnings!

* Warning: Subtitle track "00001.track_4608.Eng.2D.sup" is associated with the 3D-plane file 3D-Plane-01.ofs, but the 3D-Plane #1 doesn't exist or is empty.
There are no other 3D-planes to use. Using constant depth of 0 (+ additional depth of 0)!
The subtitles will appear on the surface of the screen (unless you have specified a non-zero additional depth).
* No forced captions in "00001.track_4608.Eng_forced.2D.sup". Stream skipped.
* Warning: Subtitle track "00001.track_4609.Eng.2D.sup" is associated with the 3D-plane file 3D-Plane-02.ofs, but the 3D-Plane #2 doesn't exist or is empty.
There are no other 3D-planes to use. Using constant depth of 0 (+ additional depth of 0)!
The subtitles will appear on the surface of the screen (unless you have specified a non-zero additional depth).
* No forced captions in "00001.track_4609.Eng_forced.2D.sup". Stream skipped.
* Warning: Subtitle track "00001.track_4610.Eng.2D.sup" is associated with the 3D-plane file 3D-Plane-03.ofs, but the 3D-Plane #3 doesn't exist or is empty.
* No forced captions in "00001.track_4610.Eng_forced.2D.sup". Stream skipped.
* Warning: Subtitle track "00001.track_4611.Eng.2D.sup" is associated with the 3D-plane file 3D-Plane-04.ofs, but the 3D-Plane #4 doesn't exist or is empty.
* No forced captions in "00001.track_4611.Eng_forced.2D.sup". Stream skipped.
* Warning: Subtitle track "00001.track_4612.Ara.2D.sup" is associated with the 3D-plane file 3D-Plane-05.ofs, but the 3D-Plane #5 doesn't exist or is empty.

Last edited by pyk123; 28th July 2019 at 09:57.
Old 28th July 2019, 10:38   #1609  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyk123 View Post
When I asked you this question a long time ago
You told me that I had a movie title problem
I have not been able to get all of the hundreds of titles I have in the meantime.

Every time I try, I always get this result.

Extraction took 43 seconds (00:00:43)
Extracted 0 3D-planes with 0 frames @ 0 fps.
MVCPlanes2OFS.exe seems run 43 sec but don't found 3D-planes.
If that happen in hundreds of titles maybe you have hundreds of movie title problems.
How do you obtain these movies?
Old 28th July 2019, 12:40   #1610  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, MVCPlanes2OFS.exe works correctly only if the MVC stream contains the original 3D-Planes. Unfortunately, they are destroyed when the video is re-encoded, so you should always use it with an unmodified 3D BD (or an original 3D BD ripped with MakeMKV).

Remuxed 3D BDs (without re-encoding, for example to add the Atmos audio or new subtitle tracks) should still contain the 3D-Planes, but they are often badly assigned to the wrong subtitle streams, and therefore they give bad 3D depth values for a specific stream. But MVCPlanes2OFS should be able to retrieve the OFS planes from a remuxed 3D BD anyway.

Note also that many cheap Asian movies do not have 3D-Planes at all, or they have bad 3D-Planes with a single fixed depth value only.

Downloaded material is often badly re-encoded, or remuxed at best, and you should avoid it like the plague. Furthermore, it's a copyright infringement, prohibited by the Doom 9 rules.
Old 28th July 2019, 20:23   #1611  |  Link
konikpolny

Quote:
Done. Check this new beta. I think the X placement is now correct, but please check if the depth is also correct.
r0lZ, all works like a charm. I did check the depth. Many thanks for this update
Old 29th July 2019, 03:01   #1612  |  Link
xiai

when i encode with x265 10bit,There was a mistake.
Quote:
can't read "bitrate": no such variable
can't read "bitrate": no such variable
while executing
"set x264args2d " --bitrate $bitrate --pass 1 --stats "${basename}_2D.stats" ^\n ""
("2-pass" arm line 2)
invoked from within
"switch $::x264mode {
"CRF" {
set x264args2d " --crf $::x264crf"
set x264info12d "CRF $::x264crf"
}
"CQ" {
set x264args2d " --qp $::x264..."
(procedure "GenerateAvs" line 2493)
invoked from within
"GenerateAvs"
invoked from within
".nbf5.gf.gen invoke "
invoked from within
".nbf5.gf.gen instate {pressed !disabled} { .nbf5.gf.gen state !pressed; .nbf5.gf.gen invoke } "
(command bound to event)
Old 29th July 2019, 03:14   #1613  |  Link
xiai

i tried 2 3dbds,the same error
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 29th July 2019, 16:00   #1614  |  Link
konikpolny

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiai View Post
Hi Xiai,
I once had this error. To add a little bit of info about the problem: This happens on project creation and not during encoding. For me when I used the same 3DBD source on another PC the project created without any issues. I then went back to the original PC and after a restart I didn't have any problems. I also don't think this has anything to do with x265 project creation. Can you please try the above and if the issue persists try creating x264 project and say if the error still comes up?
Old 29th July 2019, 17:24   #1615  |  Link
xiai

Quote:
Hi Xiai,
I once had this error. To add a little bit of info about the problem: This happens on project creation and not during encoding. For me when I used the same 3DBD source on another PC the project created without any issues. I then went back to the original PC and after a restart I didn't have any problems. I also don't think this has anything to do with x265 project creation. Can you please try the above and if the issue persists try creating x264 project and say if the error still comes up?
I tried. There was no problem on the other computer.
Old 29th July 2019, 17:27   #1616  |  Link
xiai

I want to encode with GPU, such as AMD VCE, What shall I do?
x265 encode with cpu is too slow
Old 29th July 2019, 18:18   #1617  |  Link
konikpolny

Quote:
encoding x265 is in principle much much slower, but the last BD3D2MK3D v1.9 release uses exceptionally slow x265 version. So I suggest downloading the latest version from http://msystem.waw.pl/x265/ and replacing it (in the toolset directory). Choose "GCC 9.1 none" for download. You should notice some speed improvement unless the latest version again slowed down the encoding (in my last encodes I used a version from over a month ago).
Old 31st July 2019, 10:24   #1618  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.

Can you tell me what settings you use ? I suppose it's 2-pass or ABR. Right ? But the screenshot in your second post shows CRF. I don't understand. In CRF mode, the bitrate is not specified, and it is (normally) never specified in the command line.

konikpolny, thanks for your additional info. Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to understand what's happening, as I have no way to reproduce the bug.

Just a suggestion. Are you sure you have not changed the mode immediately AFTER having clicked on the big button to generate the project ? In that case, it is possible that the settings of a bitrate mode interferes with the final (CRF) mode.

Last edited by r0lZ; 31st July 2019 at 10:30.
Old 31st July 2019, 10:37   #1619  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
x264 and x265 are unable to use the GPU to speed the encoding up. According to the developers, GPU enabled encodings are always of inferior quality, and they have therefore decided to encode "normally", without the help of the GPU.

Personally, I encode with x264, and of course I have not noticed a decrease of the encoding speed. Anyway, I will release a new version of BD3D2MK3D soon, and I will include the latest version of the x265 encoder. I hope that it will be faster than the current version. Anyway, if you select the slow modes with x265, the encoding are indeed very slow. The placebo speed can take days to encode a short video. I suggest to stick with the default speed, medium.

@konikpolny: Of course, the new version will also include the fixed version of the SRT to ASS 3D converter. Thanks for your help and your numerous testings !

Last edited by r0lZ; 31st July 2019 at 10:39.
Old 31st July 2019, 10:57   #1620  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Can you tell me what settings you use ?
Perhaps I've found a possible culprit, but I need another info.
Can you select the x264 mode with the settings menu, and have a look at the last tab. Tell me what mode is selected there. Then, go back to the x265 encoding mode. Your settings should be restored.

Perhaps the bug is occurring only when the program generates the script to encode the 2D version of the movie. The 2D version can be encoded only with x264, and therefore, it is possible that the program mixes some settings from the 3D encoding with x265, and from the 2D encoding with x264. Since I do everything with x264, that could also explain why I have never encountered that bug.
Closed Thread