Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 27th March 2019, 15:08   #1561  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by albur View Post
Thank you, ok at least it can be played changing aspec ratio, i will dig into the muxing. When i show info into potplayer it shows:

1920x2160 (1:1.13/1:1.13)

And in mph-hc
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 0.889
The sample aspect ratio is normally 1:1 for a 2D BD and the display aspect ratio must be 16:9. But things are more complicated for the 3D SBS or T&B movies, as there are two images stacked together. The question is therefore: should I specify the AR for a single image, or for the two at the same time ? It seems that the answer depends of the TV used to play the movie, hence the difficulty. It's why it's a setting in BD3D2MK3D.

However, when you play the movie on a PC with a software player, the aspect ratio on fhe MKV file can easily be overwritten by the user. That means that you can play the movie without problem with any good 3D player, regardless of the AR in the file. But if you want to play it on a TV, be sure to test what you really need before you encode your entire collection of 3D BDs!

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th March 2019 at 15:11.
Old 27th March 2019, 23:13   #1562  |  Link
konikpolny

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Note that you don't have to examine the AVS script to see the order of the views. In the first tab of BD3D2MK3D, you can see what eye is associated with the AVC and MVC streams. And anyway, currently, I suggest to select DGMVCSource anyway.
Indeed I can
Thanks for the info
Old 31st March 2019, 08:59   #1563  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Videofan3D will fix the FRIMSource bug with the inverted views soon. When the update will be available, I'll release a new version of BD3D2MK3D...
Old 8th April 2019, 15:28   #1564  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, Videofan3D has released a new beta with a fixed FrimSource. He wants to integrate the new Intel libraries before releasing it officially, but I have tested the 32-bit DLL and it works as expected. So, if you want to test it too, or if you prefer FrimSource rather than DGMvcSource, you can download the package, extract FRIMSource32.dll, rename it FRIMSource.dll, and overwrite the original DLL in the BD3D2MK3D's toolset folder.

I will release the new version of BD3D2MK3D when the final version of FRIMSource will be available...
Old 10th April 2019, 10:13   #1565  |  Link
albur

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
The sample aspect ratio is normally 1:1 for a 2D BD and the display aspect ratio must be 16:9. But things are more complicated for the 3D SBS or T&B movies, as there are two images stacked together. The question is therefore: should I specify the AR for a single image, or for the two at the same time ? It seems that the answer depends of the TV used to play the movie, hence the difficulty. It's why it's a setting in BD3D2MK3D.

However, when you play the movie on a PC with a software player, the aspect ratio on fhe MKV file can easily be overwritten by the user. That means that you can play the movie without problem with any good 3D player, regardless of the AR in the file. But if you want to play it on a TV, be sure to test what you really need before you encode your entire collection of 3D BDs!
Ok, i've found my issue, the result file is 3840x1080p, players doesn't deal fine with it, that's why height is half of it's size. Changing it to 3840x2160p in mkvmerge works fine in all players. But... if i play this in a 1080p screen i'm getting the same that if i play in half sbs?
Old 5th May 2019, 10:36   #1566  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v1.9 released

The official release of the new version of FRIMSource is not available yet, but I have decided to release this version (with the bugfix test release of FRIMSource) because I think that it is important to fix the bug of the bad views occurring with the BD with the inverted views (right view first) as soon as possible. So, here is v1.9.

It fixes also a few other minor bugs, and as usual, I have updated the third-party exe files.
Quote:
v1.9 (May 5, 2019)
- Workaround for the libDcaDec error when converting audio from DTS-HD/MA due to a change in numbers of channels. (Fix for Incredibles 2)
- When available, the alias of the Power Plans set before and restored after the encoding is now used instead of the GUID. Thanks Frank!
- Little bugs fixed
- Updated the FRIMSource MVC decoder to the bugfix version 1.29_20190406. Thanks konikpolny!
- Updated x264 to the latest version (0.157.2969)
- Updated x265 to the latest version (3.0_Au+18)
- Updated Mkvtoolnix to the latest version (33.1.0 'Primrose')
Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z
Old 7th May 2019, 04:09   #1567  |  Link
Spaded21

This software is great and I find the SBS mkv files to be much better than the actual disc. There is no blur when watching the SBS files. I have converted 16 movies so far and almost all came out great. However there are 2 movies, Life of Pi and Edge of Tomorrow, that have no offset between the 2 halves. When I put the glasses on, it's combines the images, but it's only 2D. I ran Life of Pi through twice just to see if it was a bad conversion or something, but the results are the same. Has anyone had this issue before?

In any case, thank you r0lZ for this great software. I can finally import my 3D library into Plex and even add the Atmos tracks when available.
Old 7th May 2019, 11:57   #1568  |  Link
konikpolny

Hi Spaded21,
regarding your encodes resulting in 2D, check your __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs file if the views are inverted:
Code:

# Current base view: right eye!
# The views are inverted: AVC stream = right view, MVC stream = left view.
right = SelectEven(interleaved)
left  = SelectOdd(interleaved)
if that's the case it's probably the bug with FRIMSource MVC decoder to blame. I suggest downloading the latest version of BD3D2MK3D as it's got a newer version of this 3rd party library and have another go.

You can also read more about the bug quite recently reported
here and here

Last edited by konikpolny; 7th May 2019 at 13:28.
Old 7th May 2019, 17:40   #1569  |  Link
Spaded21

Quote:
Originally Posted by konikpolny View Post
Hi Spaded21,
regarding your encodes resulting in 2D, check your __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs file if the views are inverted:
Code:

if that's the case it's probably the bug with FRIMSource MVC decoder to blame. I suggest downloading the latest version of BD3D2MK3D as it's got a newer version of this 3rd party library and have another go.

You can also read more about the bug quite recently reported
here and here
I just tried with the new version and this is what's in the .avs file

Code:

# Build Side-by-Side stream
StackHorizontal(HorizontalReduceBy2(Left), HorizontalReduceBy2(Right))
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")
Does that mean it's still incorrect?

I registered for this forum a week or so ago and had to wait at least 5 days to post. I guess I should have caught up on the thread before asking my question. Thanks again.

Last edited by Spaded21; 7th May 2019 at 18:00.
Old 7th May 2019, 22:29   #1570  |  Link
konikpolny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaded21 View Post
Does that mean it's still incorrect?
It's OK, provided you use the latest BD3D2MK3D version. The old version would not work with the inverted views as the FRIMSource MVC decoder used in the previous BD3D2MK3D version was buggy. With the old version 1.8 you could still use the alternative MVC decoder DGMVCSource. You can read about this solution in the recent posts (links in my previous post).

r0lZ has recently posted this new version with an updated FRIMSource MVC decoder.
Old 7th May 2019, 23:59   #1571  |  Link
Spaded21

Quote:
It's OK, provided you use the latest BD3D2MK3D version. The old version would not work with the inverted views as the FRIMSource MVC decoder used in the previous BD3D2MK3D version was buggy. With the old version 1.8 you could still use the alternative MVC decoder DGMVCSource. You can read about this solution in the recent posts (links in my previous post).

r0lZ has recently posted this new version with an updated FRIMSource MVC decoder.
Thanks again for your help. I did read through them but some of it was over my head. It's starting to make sense to me though.

Edit: Just want to confirm it's working for me now. Life of Pi looks amazing in 3D!

Last edited by Spaded21; 8th May 2019 at 21:34.
Old 9th May 2019, 15:57   #1572  |  Link
Spaded21

I have another question. Currently, some movies require me to use the 3D sync invert option on my projector and some do not. I would prefer not to have to use it at all. Is there a setting I can change to prevent this? And is this something I can only do prior to encoding?
Old 9th May 2019, 20:30   #1573  |  Link
konikpolny

Quote:
And is this something I can only do prior to encoding?
Yes this is the setting I mentioned earlier in the __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs file with the inverted views.
This is something that can only be set before the encoding starts. BD3D2MK3D however recognises such inverted stream views and swaps them to get the proper left base view when it creates the project, so you should always be OK with BD3D2MK3D.

The bug in the FRIMSource MVC decoder was causing problems here resulting in flat 3D movie for movies with inverted views which BD3D2MK3D tried to correct.
Normally if you swap the views there you get the inverted 3D effect.
Old 15th May 2019, 14:32   #1574  |  Link
konikpolny

SRT2D to ASS3D conversion tool

r0lZ,
When I convert SRT 2D to ASS 3D with the 2D guide file temp_2D.xml (grabbed from the project's png subs directory) vertical placement is made correctly according to the guide but for the horizontal positioning none of the subs is correctly taken from the guide. THis is something I observed a long time ago but didn't have time to let you know.
Could you please have a look at this when you have time.

Also, I think someone already asked a similar request in the past - It would be really great if there was a choice to select whether we want both horizontal and vertical guides to be used or selectively horizontal or vertical only.

What I really care about is some adjustment to the vertical placement. This could be done by forcing the manual "Bottom margin" setting, or some additional adjustment option which would be added to the guide's vertical value. Ideally having both of these options available would be useful, but forcing the "Bottom margin" setting seems more important.
The reason why I am asking for this is that, whenever I can, I place my subtitles some way down half below the bottom edge of the video to get the subtitles out of the picture as much as possible, but at the same time still making them easy for the eyes to read.

Is that something that you could do in future?

Last edited by konikpolny; 15th May 2019 at 15:28.
Old 22nd May 2019, 06:46   #1575  |  Link
dejoro

Hello everyone,

I discovered this forum finally, such a forum that I had been looking for quite some time.

I converted a 3D Bluray 3D MVC with Makemkv and from there I enter it directly into BD3D2MK3D to create a 3D SBS Full HD of 3840x1080p but I can not read it. This is the first time I use BD3D2MK3D.

Reading it with MPC-HC I get a stretched tape genre 2.40 while my film is in original 16/9. I have 3D but the format is wrong.

So my question, is there a specific player to read this file from BD3D2MK3D or any player, MPC-HC, VLC or Potplayer can read it? Or changes in the settings to make?

I have a passive 3D system with 2 Epson Full HD projectors, a Geobox G-303, Omega filters in the projectors and Omega glasses.

I can not find a tutorial to use BD3D2MK3D correctly because given the number of parameters to enter, I am lost.

Could you put me on the trail of a tutorial?

Thanks for your help. Excuse me for my english translated with Google Translator.

Denis
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:53   #1576  |  Link
konikpolny

Hi dejoro,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejoro View Post
Reading it with MPC-HC I get a stretched tape genre 2.40 while my film is in original 16/9. I have 3D but the format is wrong.
When you play your 3D Full-SBS movie in MPC-HC on your PC before you display it on your projector, are your left and right images squeezed vertically/horizontally being distorted or do they have proper dimensions side-by-side full frame pictures but just smaller to fit in screen?

Quote:
So my question, is there a specific player to read this file from BD3D2MK3D or any player, MPC-HC, VLC or Potplayer can read it? Or changes in the settings to make?
All the 3 can play 3D Full-SBS for your projector with appropriate settings made in the player

Last edited by konikpolny; 28th May 2019 at 09:35.
Old 14th June 2019, 13:59   #1577  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Sorry for replying so late. For whatever reason, I have not been noticed of the new posts in this forum. Luckily, konikpolny has replied to most questions, and I have just to add that I agree totally with what he wrote.

Thanks Spaded21 for your positive feedback. Much appreciated ! And welcome to the Doom 9 forums.

Yes, the last version fixes the problem of the flat 3D when converting a movie with the inverted views with the FRIM decoder. The bug is fixed in the new FRIM decoder, and has never been present with the DGMVCSource decoder. So, just be sure to use the latest version, with whatever decoder you prefer.

Quote:
I have another question. Currently, some movies require me to use the 3D sync invert option on my projector and some do not. I would prefer not to have to use it at all. Is there a setting I can change to prevent this? And is this something I can only do prior to encoding?
As explained by konikpolny, BD3D2MK3D is smart enough to encode the movie with always the left view first, regardless of the order of the views in the original BD. Of course, if the info about the orders of the views in the BD is wrong, BD3D2MK3D will fail too, but AFAIK that case has happened only once, with an obscure Chinese movie.
So, I guess that you have to swap the views manually only when you play some original BDs (and that means that your equipment ignores the "left view first" flag, not a good point!), or you have played MKV files not created by BD3D2MK3D, or downloaded from YouTube or other sources. Currently, all movies converted with BD3D2MK3D should never need to manually invert the views. Again, konikpolny was right.

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th June 2019 at 14:41.
Old 14th June 2019, 14:25   #1578  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
r0lZ,
When I convert SRT 2D to ASS 3D with the 2D guide file temp_2D.xml (grabbed from the project's png subs directory) vertical placement is made correctly according to the guide but for the horizontal positioning none of the subs is correctly taken from the guide. THis is something I observed a long time ago but didn't have time to let you know.
Could you please have a look at this when you have time.
Sure, but I wonder if the problem is not just due to the difference with the single and double-line subtitles. If the subtitle is on a single line in the guide and split on 2 lines in the SRT, the result will be a bit too low, because it will be globally centered around the centre of the guide's subtitle, and not above its baseline. The opposite gives of course the opposite effect. Of course, I can't fix that easily, because BD3D2MK3D knows only the "bounding box" of the subtitle of the guide, and not the position of its baseline. Furthermore, even with 2 subtitles sharing the same number of lines, the placement is not always perfect, because the font size may be different, and the subtitles may contain some letters with "extensions" above or below the normal letters, and the other subtitle not. This causes some little Y displacements, difficult to avoid completely.

I agree that a solution could be an option to force the Y position, and to grab the X position from the guide only. That cannot be forced anyway, as many subtitles are placed on screen at different heights (like in Avatar) to avoid entering in the objects of the foreground. Some other examples use subtitles always at the same Y position, except for some of them, that are placed above the image (in the sky). It's also something that must be handled.

Quote:
Also, I think someone already asked a similar request in the past - It would be really great if there was a choice to select whether we want both horizontal and vertical guides to be used or selectively horizontal or vertical only.
I agree and I'll try to do it.

Quote:
What I really care about is some adjustment to the vertical placement. This could be done by forcing the manual "Bottom margin" setting, or some additional adjustment option which would be added to the guide's vertical value. Ideally having both of these options available would be useful, but forcing the "Bottom margin" setting seems more important.
The reason why I am asking for this is that, whenever I can, I place my subtitles some way down half below the bottom edge of the video to get the subtitles out of the picture as much as possible, but at the same time still making them easy for the eyes to read.
I see, but what you do is dangerous. Often, the subtitle's depth is computed so that it appears just above the ground. If you place it below its normal position, chances are that it will enter in the ground. So, IMO, you should first analyse the guide, and force the Y position of all subtitles only if the analyse deduces that all subtitles are placed approximately at the same Y position, and to avoid problems, you should use that position, and not force them below (or above) that position.

Quote:
Is that something that you could do in future?
I will have to analyse the problem of the wrong placement. If you have good examples of the first problem you have reported, please send me the guide (XML file only) and the SRT, and the number of one or two misplaced subtitles. It will be easier for me to fixd the bug, if any.

I can also add an option to "freeze" the X position on the center of the screen, and another to force the Y position to either the average Y position of the subtitles of the guide, or another Y position specified by the user. Perhaps also with an option to ignore that setting for all subtitles appearing in the upper half of the screen.

However, I'm going in holidays this weekend for 4 weeks, so don't expect that soon.
Old 14th June 2019, 14:40   #1579  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I discovered this forum finally, such a forum that I had been looking for quite some time.

I converted a 3D Bluray 3D MVC with Makemkv and from there I enter it directly into BD3D2MK3D to create a 3D SBS Full HD of 3840x1080p but I can not read it. This is the first time I use BD3D2MK3D.

I have a passive 3D system with 2 Epson Full HD projectors, a Geobox G-303, Omega filters in the projectors and Omega glasses.

I can not find a tutorial to use BD3D2MK3D correctly because given the number of parameters to enter, I am lost.

Could you put me on the trail of a tutorial?

Thanks for your help. Excuse me for my english translated with Google Translator.

Denis
Welcome to the Doom 9 forums, dejoro !

You can probably use a player that can force the aspect ratio of the movie (like PotPlayer), but IMO it's not the right solution.

The problem with the SBS and TAB 3D movies is that the aspect ratio must be specified either for the whole image (with the 2 views), or for a single view (after the division to 2 equal views, and the required resize). It seems that it's not a problem with Half-SBS and Half-TAB, but for Full-SBS or Full-TAB, the de-facto standard is not well established. So, the right aspect ratio to include in the file depends of your 3D equipment. Furthermore, two different aspect ratios must be specified, one in the video stream, and one in the MKV header. Since I can't know in advance on what equipment the final MKV will be played, it is your responsibility to provide the right aspect ratios.

See the menu Settings -> Full-SBS/T&B aspect ratio. Change the two settings one at a time, and try to encode a short clip, to determine what combination works best with your equipment or software player. It's a pity, but I cannot help you more.

Note also that Full-SBS is a non-standard format. If you want to avoid most problems (with the aspect ratios or the 3D subtitles for example), I recommend to encode in Half-SBS. The price to pay is of course the half-resolution, but it's much more simple, and you will probably never have bad surprises, especially when you buy a new TV or video player.

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th June 2019 at 14:44.
Old 26th June 2019, 09:31   #1580  |  Link
albesp77

just a stupid question, if i generate a full sbs or full ou video files (instead of half ones) to see them on a fullhd tv that not support natively this format (works good on half files) which kind of external player i need ?
Closed Thread