Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th March 2019, 15:08   #11  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by albur View Post
Thank you, ok at least it can be played changing aspec ratio, i will dig into the muxing. When i show info into potplayer it shows:

1920x2160 (1:1.13/1:1.13)

And in mph-hc
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 0.889
The sample aspect ratio is normally 1:1 for a 2D BD and the display aspect ratio must be 16:9. But things are more complicated for the 3D SBS or T&B movies, as there are two images stacked together. The question is therefore: should I specify the AR for a single image, or for the two at the same time ? It seems that the answer depends of the TV used to play the movie, hence the difficulty. It's why it's a setting in BD3D2MK3D.

However, when you play the movie on a PC with a software player, the aspect ratio on fhe MKV file can easily be overwritten by the user. That means that you can play the movie without problem with any good 3D player, regardless of the AR in the file. But if you want to play it on a TV, be sure to test what you really need before you encode your entire collection of 3D BDs!

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th March 2019 at 15:11.