Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 8th February 2019, 16:53   #1541  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

It's not in the GUI, because BD3D2MK3D trust the BD, but you can change the order of the views manually.
Just generate the project normally, but before launching the encoding, edit the file __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs in the project folder with a text editor or notepad, and change the following lines:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved)
to this:
Code:
right = SelectEven(interleaved)
left = SelectOdd(interleaved)
Or the opposite, depending of the order stored in the MPLS file. The idea is to swap the left and right streams just by swapping their names.
That should work.
Old 9th February 2019, 15:54   #1542  |  Link
syrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
It's not in the GUI, because BD3D2MK3D trust the BD, but you can change the order of the views manually.
Just generate the project normally, but before launching the encoding, edit the file __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs in the project folder with a text editor or notepad, and change the following lines:
Code:
to this:
Code:
Or the opposite, depending of the order stored in the MPLS file. The idea is to swap the left and right streams just by swapping their names.
That should work.
Thanks for the reply... I'll try it tonight!
Old 23rd March 2019, 11:45   #1543  |  Link
albur

Hi, i can't get a propper Full SBS or Full TAB, it always create a huge black bars so the image is seen in a little square, in SBS i get double bars up and down and in TAB I get bars in the sides, what i'm doing wrong? thx
Old 25th March 2019, 23:51   #1544  |  Link
konikpolny

swapping views

Hi r0lZ,
I also had a problem with the swapped views. BD3D2MK3D created __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs with this info and swapped the streams as
Code:
# Current base view: right eye!
# The views are inverted: AVC stream = right view, MVC stream = left view.
left  = SelectOdd(interleaved)
# Build Side-by-Side stream
StackHorizontal(Left, Right)
However this setting for me output identical 2 views - there is no 3D, the left and right views have exactly the same image/frame.

Now, I made a few quick tests (upto some limited number of frames from the start) and manually changed the above settings - but whatever config i tried the best I could get was an inverted 3D view, which obviously is still better than no 3D

1a)
left = SelectEven(interleaved)
= inverted 3D

1b)
StackHorizontal(Right, Left)
= no 3D, 1 duplicated VIEW!

2a)
= inverted 3D

2b) #(original BD3D2MK3D setting)
= no 3D, 1 duplicated VIEW!

Could you please check if everything's correct as far as BD3D2MK3D is concerned. The same ONE duplicated view seems like the setting is wrong, and the StackHorizontal() pair should be inverted also. What I don't understand is why I cannot get the right base view as the 1st left view.

On my final note I can add that with the PotPlayer I can change the filename to tell it how to read the 3D and force the proper view order. If i append to the filename " 3D-rl.mk3d" the views are swapped and no additional change on the device (projector,TV) would be necessary. Still, as Syrist says
Quote:
it would be nice to have the left-right eyes swapped to save that extra step in the player.
I would also very much like to ensure that my movie is properly encoded.

Last edited by konikpolny; 26th March 2019 at 00:14.
Old 26th March 2019, 09:22   #1545  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Sorry for replying late. I haven't been notified of your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by albur View Post
Hi, i can't get a propper Full SBS or Full TAB, it always create a huge black bars so the image is seen in a little square, in SBS i get double bars up and down and in TAB I get bars in the sides, what i'm doing wrong? thx
Well, it's the first time I heard of this problem. Anyway, BD3D2MK3D doesn't add black bars. Never. It doesn't remove the original black bars, because the 3D specs impose a 16:9 aspect ratio, and removing them is therefore prohibited. So, IMO, if your movie has unusual black bars around the picture, it's probably because there are already present in the original movie.

To confirm this, please open the BD in BD3D2MK3D, and use the preview button in the bottom corner of the first tab to play the movie (in 2D) in your player. Try to capture a single frame (most players have an option to save the current image as JPEG) or do a screenshot, and post the resulting image in an image sharing service such as ImageShack, and post the link here. I'll try to understand what's happening.

Also, I'm interested to know the name of the movie you are encoding. Perhaps I can try it here...

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th March 2019 at 10:01.
Old 26th March 2019, 09:55   #1546  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by konikpolny View Post
Could you please check if everything's correct as far as BD3D2MK3D is concerned. The same ONE duplicated view seems like the setting is wrong, and the StackHorizontal() pair should be inverted also. What I don't understand is why I cannot get the right base view as the 1st left view.
Me too, I don't understand.
The fact that the original script produces a flat picture is very strange. And, indeed, if it's the case, it seems difficult to re-order the views correctly simply by editing the AVS script. I suspect something else, but it is difficult to know exactly what.

If, when you play the original BD in your 3D BD player, the 3D is correct and the views are not inverted, then you should not need to change the views order in the script, as BD3D2MK3D is able to detect the correct order automatically. So, I suspect something else, probably related to the decoding of the MVC stream. So, restore the script as it has been created by BD3D2MK3D, and then try the following things:

If you have an Intel CPU that supports the hardware acceleration, perhaps the problem is due to the Intel drivers. (They have already been the source of several problems in the past.) So, try to disable the hardware acceleration to force the MVC decoder to use the libraries provided by BD3D2MK3D.

If you use the FrimSource decoder, change this line:
interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", "00352.track_4113.264", "00352.track_4114.mvc", layout = "alt", num_frames = 168072, cache = 2, platform = "")
to this:
interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", "00352.track_4113.264", "00352.track_4114.mvc", layout = "alt", num_frames = 168072, cache = 2, platform = "sw")

And if you use DGMVCSource, change this:
interleaved = DGMVCSource("00352.track_4113.264", "00352.track_4114.mvc", view = 0, frames = 168072, mode = "auto") # Old syntax for mode: hw = 0
to this:
interleaved = DGMVCSource("00352.track_4113.264", "00352.track_4114.mvc", view = 0, frames = 168072, mode = "sw") # Old syntax for mode: hw = 0

The problem could also be caused by a bug in the Avisynth filter. So, try to use the other decoder. Here is the protion of the script that determines what decoder is used:
Code:
#LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\FRIMSource.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\DGMVCDecode.dll")

[...]

# Load the two video streams (168072 frames per stream)
#interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", "00352.track_4113.264", "00352.track_4114.mvc", layout = "alt", num_frames = 168072, cache = 2, platform = "")
interleaved = DGMVCSource("00352.track_4113.264", "00352.track_4114.mvc", view = 0, frames = 168072, mode = "auto") # Old syntax for mode: hw = 0
In the example above, DGMVCDecode is used, because the line that loads the FRIMSource filter is commented out, as well as the FRIMSource command, with the two # (in red).

To use the other decoder, remove the red #, and comment-out or delete the two lines related to the other decoder.

Of course, you can also change these settings in the BD3D2MK3D menu Settings -> MVC Decoder, but you will have to regenerate the whole project. IMO, to do some tests, it is easier to edit the AVS script. (BTW, for quick tests, you can also change the number of frames to encode in the __ENCODE_3D.cmd file. You should change the two occurrences.)

Let me know if one of these tricks has worked. And if it's the case, change the settings accordingly in the BD3D2MK3D menu for your next encodings.

Also, please tell me what is the BD3D that has caused that problem, and if you have already experienced similar problems in the past. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th March 2019 at 10:06.
Old 26th March 2019, 12:22   #1547  |  Link
albur

Quote:
Sorry for replying late. I haven't been notified of your post.

Well, it's the first time I heard of this problem. Anyway, BD3D2MK3D doesn't add black bars. Never. It doesn't remove the original black bars, because the 3D specs impose a 16:9 aspect ratio, and removing them is therefore prohibited. So, IMO, if your movie has unusual black bars around the picture, it's probably because there are already present in the original movie.

To confirm this, please open the BD in BD3D2MK3D, and use the preview button in the bottom corner of the first tab to play the movie (in 2D) in your player. Try to capture a single frame (most players have an option to save the current image as JPEG) or do a screenshot, and post the resulting image in an image sharing service such as ImageShack, and post the link here. I'll try to understand what's happening.

Also, I'm interested to know the name of the movie you are encoding. Perhaps I can try it here...
Thank you, the screenshots are:

2d

SBS

TAB

If I set in mkvtoolnix the aspect ratio of 16:9 extra black bars dissapear but 3D doesn't work.

The movie is Batman vs Superman dawn of justice

Could be that i'm playing it in a 1080p resolution?

Last edited by albur; 26th March 2019 at 12:25.
Old 26th March 2019, 12:50   #1548  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I did that movie without problem. Is it the first time you use BD3D2MK3D ? Have you changed its settings recently ?

The original image you have posted is correct (although it doesn't have the usual 1080p resolution, but I guess it's due to the file sharing service).
The SBS and TAB images are strange indeed. It seems that they have been calculated in Full-SBS and Full-TAB, as the resolution is not divided by 2 vertically or horizontally. So, verify in the last tab if you have unticked the "Half" option. Normally, it should be ticked. And verify also that the "Resize video to 720p" option is NOT ticked. The last thing that could be responsible of the problem (although I don't think so) is the "Move cinemascope image up in 16:9 frame". It should be disabled. If one of these parameters were not set at their default values, please retry.

I should be able to understand what's wrong if you post here the content of the avisynth script __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs.
Old 26th March 2019, 19:48   #1549  |  Link
albur

Quote:
I did that movie without problem. Is it the first time you use BD3D2MK3D ? Have you changed its settings recently ?

The original image you have posted is correct (although it doesn't have the usual 1080p resolution, but I guess it's due to the file sharing service).
The SBS and TAB images are strange indeed. It seems that they have been calculated in Full-SBS and Full-TAB, as the resolution is not divided by 2 vertically or horizontally. So, verify in the last tab if you have unticked the "Half" option. Normally, it should be ticked. And verify also that the "Resize video to 720p" option is NOT ticked. The last thing that could be responsible of the problem (although I don't think so) is the "Move cinemascope image up in 16:9 frame". It should be disabled. If one of these parameters were not set at their default values, please retry.

I should be able to understand what's wrong if you post here the content of the avisynth script __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs.

Second time i use it, same with Gods of Egypt.

Here is the log, thanks

Code:
# Avisynth script generated Sat Mar 23 00:17:22 CET 2019 by BD3D2MK3D v1.8
# to convert "G:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00098.mpls"
# (referencing the M2TS/SSIF files 00052)
# to 3D Top & Bottom.
# Movie title: hjkgikuhgkj
#
# Source MPLS information:  Blu-ray 3D.
# MPLS file: 00098.mpls
# Video   :  Und  AVC, 1080p, 23.976 fps, left-eye
# Video   :  Und  MVC, 1080p, 23.976 fps, right-eye (32 3D-Planes)
# Audio   :  Eng  TrueHD, Multi-channel, 48 Khz
# Audio   :  Eng  AC3, Multi-channel, 48 Khz
# Audio   :  Ita  AC3, Multi-channel, 48 Khz
# Audio   :  Spa  AC3, Multi-channel, 48 Khz
# Subtitle:  Eng  PGS, 3D-plane: 2
# Subtitle:  Ita  PGS, 3D-plane: 3
# Subtitle:  Spa  PGS, 3D-plane: 4
# Subtitle:  Ara  PGS, 3D-plane: 5
# Subtitle:  Bul  PGS, 3D-plane: 6
# Subtitle:  Ell  PGS, 3D-plane: 7
# Subtitle:  Heb  PGS, 3D-plane: 8
# Subtitle:  Ron  PGS, 3D-plane: 9
# Subtitle:  Ita  PGS, 3D-plane: 10
# Subtitle:  Spa  PGS, 3D-plane: 11
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\PC01\Desktop\BD3D2MK3D\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\FRIMSource.dll")
#LoadPlugin("C:\Users\PC01\Desktop\BD3D2MK3D\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\DGMVCDecode.dll")

##LoadPlugin(C:\Users\PC01\Desktop\BD3D2MK3D\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\VSFilter.dll")
#LoadPlugin("C:\Users\PC01\Desktop\BD3D2MK3D\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\SupTitle.dll")

# Load the two video streams (218209 frames per stream)
interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", "00098.track_4113.264", "00098.track_4114.mvc", layout = "alt", num_frames = 218209, cache = 2, platform = "")
#interleaved = DGMVCSource("00098.track_4113.264", "00098.track_4114.mvc", view = 0, frames = 218209, mode = "auto") # Old syntax for mode: hw = 0
# Current base view: left eye.
# The views are in the common order: AVC stream = left view, MVC stream = right view.

# Hardcode subtitles
##left  = VobSub(left,  "subtitle_to_hardcode_left.sub")
##right = VobSub(right, "subtitle_to_hardcode_right.sub")
#left  = SupTitle(left,  "subtitle_to_hardcode_left.sup")
#right = SupTitle(right, "subtitle_to_hardcode_right.sup")

# Build Top & Bottom stream
StackVertical(Left, Right)
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")

# Return the 3D clip.
Return(last)#.Info()
Old 26th March 2019, 20:46   #1550  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, obviously, the "Half" option is not ticked, as the StackVertical command doesn't have the VerticalReduceBy2 command. Anyway, even with the Half option disabled, there is a problem. I will try to reproduce it here, and if it appears that it's caused by a bug in BD3D2MK3D, I'll release rapidly a new version.

In the meantime, try to remove the layout = "alt" argument (in red below) from the FRIMSource command. That option has been introduced recently, and may be the cause of the problem.
interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", "00098.track_4113.264", "00098.track_4114.mvc", layout = "alt", num_frames = 218209, cache = 2, platform = "")

If that doesn't work, restart the whole project, this time in Half-SBS or Half-TAB mode. I'm pretty sure that that will work.
Old 26th March 2019, 21:54   #1551  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I did some Full-TAB tests and everything works as expected, at least here.

But I've also played with the settings of the players, and I have managed to get something identical to what you have shown in your TAB screenshot above. So, now, I suspect that your player doesn't have the correct settings to play 3D movies with the correct aspect ratio.

What player do you use ? Have you tried to play the movie with a 3D TV ?

Anyway, try to change the aspect ratio settings of your player. It should be possible to display the movie correctly, in 2D or 3D.

Also, can you open the movie in a good player, and ask for information about the video stream. With MPC, just select the Properties menu item. You should see something like this:
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x2160 (16:9) 23.976fps [...]
With PotPlayer, select the Playback/System Info option, and look for the width and height fields in the File Info tab:
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels

Note the resolution (in red). It's the correct resolution for Full-TAB. If you have the same resolution, that means almost certainly that the video is correct, and you have just to either change the aspect ratio and/or 3D settings of your player, or use a better player. (Personally, I recommend PotPlayer.)

Let me know if you need some help to configure your player.
Good luck!
Old 26th March 2019, 23:06   #1552  |  Link
albur

Quote:
OK, I did some Full-TAB tests and everything works as expected, at least here.

But I've also played with the settings of the players, and I have managed to get something identical to what you have shown in your TAB screenshot above. So, now, I suspect that your player doesn't have the correct settings to play 3D movies with the correct aspect ratio.

What player do you use ? Have you tried to play the movie with a 3D TV ?

Anyway, try to change the aspect ratio settings of your player. It should be possible to display the movie correctly, in 2D or 3D.

Also, can you open the movie in a good player, and ask for information about the video stream. With MPC, just select the Properties menu item. You should see something like this:
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x2160 (16:9) 23.976fps [...]
With PotPlayer, select the Playback/System Info option, and look for the width and height fields in the File Info tab:

Note the resolution (in red). It's the correct resolution for Full-TAB. If you have the same resolution, that means almost certainly that the video is correct, and you have just to either change the aspect ratio and/or 3D settings of your player, or use a better player. (Personally, I recommend PotPlayer.)

Let me know if you need some help to configure your player.
Good luck!
Thank you, i've tried in MPC-HC, VLC, PowerDVD and Kodi 18 Player, in everyone i get the same except PowerDVD that only shows 2D, i don't really know why.

I will pot player a try, could be that i have a 1080p Resolution and it cant show the image (2160p) keeping the aspect ratio?
Old 26th March 2019, 23:38   #1553  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
I will pot player a try, could be that i have a 1080p Resolution and it cant show the image (2160p) keeping the aspect ratio?
I don't think it's the problem. If the player can load the file and has enough RAM for its buffers, it should be able to display it with the right aspect ratio.

Note also that AFAIK MPC is not able to play 3D-video files. It's certainly not the right player to test your encodings. Pot Player can, but it is relatively difficult to configure. I don't use VLC, PowerDVD and Kodi, so I can't help to configure them.

BTW, there are also some settings related to the aspect ratio in BD3D2MK3D. It seems that the required aspect ratio when encoding in Full-SBS or Full-TAB is not always necessarily coherent for some TVs (notably LG). That problem is not present when you encode in Half-SBS or Half-TAB, but since you prefer the hard way, you may want to experiment with these settings too, although the software players are normally powerful enough to let the user change the aspect ratio manually.

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th March 2019 at 23:44.
Old 26th March 2019, 23:43   #1554  |  Link
albur

Quote:
I don't think it's the problem. If the player can load the file and has enough RAM for its buffers, it should be able to display it with the right aspect ratio.

BTW, there are also some settings related to the aspect ratio in BD3D2MK3D. It seems that the required aspect ratio when encoding in Full-SBS or Full-TAB is not always necessarily coherent for some TVs (notably LG). That problem is not present when you encode in Half-SBS or Half-TAB, but since you prefer the hard way, you may want to experiment with these settings too, although the software players are normally powerful enough to let the user change the aspect ratio manually.

With potplayer by default it doesn't work, but in this one if i chage the ratio in the player to 16:9 it works. I will try in the projector.

Thx
Old 26th March 2019, 23:49   #1555  |  Link
konikpolny

FRIMSource Flat 3D

r0lZ,
Regarding the Flat 3D problem, many thanks for your suggestions.
First, the machine in question is AMD, so not the intel issue. Second, my original Avisynth script was using FRIMSource as the decoder.
Now, the tests you suggested:
The results for FRIMSource with platform = "sw" are exactly the same as before.
However, the change to DGMVCSource decoder did fix the problem.
Note that as with FRIMSource the change in the mode between "auto" and "sw" did not make any difference.
Below the 4 configurations and results with DGMVCSource:
1a)
= inverted 3D

1b)
= correct 3D!

2a)
= inverted 3D

2b)
= correct 3D!

I recently had 3 of such BD3Ds, all animated titles: the Boss Baby, Shrek the Third, Epic.
Now I know it, I will look at each avisynth script before encoding but it would be good BD3D2MK3D pop up the message, or even change the script accordingly.
Many thanks again
Old 27th March 2019, 09:40   #1556  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
With potplayer by default it doesn't work, but in this one if i chage the ratio in the player to 16:9 it works. I will try in the projector.

Thx
That means at least that there are no black borders. What you have seen are borders around the picture, added by the player when you play the movie full-screen.

End of story. :-)
Old 27th March 2019, 10:00   #1557  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
r0lZ,
Regarding the Flat 3D problem, many thanks for your suggestions.
First, the machine in question is AMD, so not the intel issue. Second, my original Avisynth script was using FRIMSource as the decoder.
Now, the tests you suggested:
The results for FRIMSource with platform = "sw" are exactly the same as before.
Note that as with FRIMSource the change in the mode between "auto" and "sw" did not make any difference.
If you don't have a CPU compatible with the hardware acceleration, "auto" uses the software mode, and it is therefore exactly equivalent to "sw". And don't try to force "hw", as the script will crash. It's normal. Anyway, the hardware mode is not terribly efficient. Just a little bit faster, but it has also a lot of problems, due to the bugs in the Intel libraries. Personally, I'm happy with the software mode.

Quote:
However, the change to DGMVCSource decoder did fix the problem.
Good to know. Unfortunately, none of these decoders is perfect. I have already changed the default decoder (currently FRIMSource), but perhaps I will have to change it again. :-(

Quote:
Below the 4 configurations and results with DGMVCSource:

[...]

2b)
= correct 3D!

I recently had 3 of such BD3Ds, all animated titles: the Boss Baby, Shrek the Third, Epic.
Now I know it, I will look at each avisynth script before encoding but it would be good BD3D2MK3D pop up the message, or even change the script accordingly.
Many thanks again
The 2b script is the one that has been created by BD3D2MK3D, right? So, without the FRIMSource bug, BD3D2MK3D does its work correctly, right ? So, IMO, there is nothing to change in BD3D2MK3D. And I don't understand what you suggest. What message should I show ? Except explaining that in case of bug, it might be useful to try the other decoder, I can't do much more.

Of course, I will contact VideoFan3D, the author of FRIM, in the hope that he will be able to fix the bug. [EDIT] Done. See here.

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th March 2019 at 10:11.
Old 27th March 2019, 11:07   #1558  |  Link
konikpolny

Quote:
The 2b script is the one that has been created by BD3D2MK3D, right? So, without the FRIMSource bug, BD3D2MK3D does its work correctly, right ? So, IMO, there is nothing to change in BD3D2MK3D. And I don't understand what you suggest. What message should I show ? Except explaining that in case of bug, it might be useful to try the other decoder, I can't do much more.
Yes, the 2b script is the one BD3D2MK3D created. I agree we can wait to see what the FRIM's author says and possibly for the bug to be fixed.
Old 27th March 2019, 11:18   #1559  |  Link
albur

Quote:
That means at least that there are no black borders. What you have seen are borders around the picture, added by the player when you play the movie full-screen.

End of story. :-)
Thank you, ok at least it can be played changing aspec ratio, i will dig into the muxing. When i show info into potplayer it shows:

1920x2160 (1:1.13/1:1.13)

And in mph-hc
Display aspect ratio : 0.889
Old 27th March 2019, 15:00   #1560  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
However this setting for me output identical 2 views - there is no 3D, the left and right views have exactly the same image/frame.
I did some tests here, and indeed, I can confirm that FRIM bug. It happens only when the two views are in the unusual order (AVC base view = right eye, MVC dependent view = left eye).

Note that you don't have to examine the AVS script to see the order of the views. In the first tab of BD3D2MK3D, you can see what eye is associated with the AVC and MVC streams. And anyway, currently, I suggest to select DGMVCSource anyway.

And I understand now what you have suggested. I could add a warning when FRIM is defined as the MVC decoder and the two views are inverted. However, I would prefer a fix from Videofan3D...

Thanks for having discovered and reported this important bug !
Closed Thread