Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 22nd September 2004, 19:42   #701  |  Link
Schwa226

AC3GUI first Beta

Hi,

thx Dapyh for the file. I will exchange it in the setup.

Also automatic search for the standart VST plugin folder is now included.

I attached the first BETA of the AC3GUI. Hopefully I didn't forget needed DLLs

Short description about the GUI:
Please use folder/filenames without spaces!!

--
At the first startup you can choose if Sonic or AC3ENC should be used for the AC3 encoding.
--
Needed programs:
BeSweet 1.5b29 (Install folder like C:\Sonic\BeSweet)
Plogue Bidule (Install folder like C:\Sonic\Bidule)

If you are using Sonic:
Sonic Foundry Soft Encode 1.0 (Install folder like C:\Sonic\Bidule)

If AC3ENC:
AC3ENC.DLL, should be located in the same folder than BeSweet
BeSweet 1.5b23 or lower version. Version above have no support for AC3ENC.

Optional:
SSRC if you want to normalize your single mono WAV files. (Install folder like C:\Sonic\BeSweet)

Please test the Beta version of the GUI, I am sure some bugs are included

cu,
schwa226
Attached Files
File Type: zip ac3 gui.zip (112.1 KB, 269 views)

Last edited by Schwa226; 22nd September 2004 at 19:48.
Old 22nd September 2004, 22:03   #702  |  Link
daphy
Miles Freak

Quote:
Please test the Beta version of the GUI, I am sure some bugs are included
you will find on needfulthing at audio/latest

@Schwa226

seamed to be a nice one - itīs too late to test it here

BTW also set new Hypercube Transcoder (3.05) online (see audio/tools/dts-ac3) - feedback wanted

Last edited by daphy; 22nd September 2004 at 22:12.
Old 24th September 2004, 16:55   #703  |  Link
daphy
Miles Freak

here the link to the first beta version
Attached Files
File Type: zip ac3gui-beta1_by_schwa226.zip (112.1 KB, 225 views)

Last edited by daphy; 24th September 2004 at 16:57.
Old 30th September 2004, 00:17   #704  |  Link
Surlyrich

I just tried following the guide, but when I press play in biddle i start getting my output file but it just keeps going. My 5 min song ended up being 25 gig before I stoped it. The timer on the plyer doesnt move either when it is playing. Not sure what I have done. Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to make 3 DVD's of all Led Zeppelin's albums in DTS.

Cheers
Old 30th September 2004, 06:54   #705  |  Link
daphy
Miles Freak

Quote:
- step 4 : Now we'll link the playing in "Audio File Player" with the recording in "Audio File Recorder" . Goto the "Tools" menu and chose "Parameters". . In the "source" window, select "Audio File Player", "playing" and then in the target windows select "Audio File Recorder", "recording". Now click on "Link". . You can close the window.
please checkout if you linked the devices correctly
Old 30th September 2004, 09:32   #706  |  Link
Surlyrich

Yep... They are linked
Old 30th September 2004, 13:24   #707  |  Link
ursamtl

Quote:
Originally posted by Surlyrich
I just tried following the guide, but when I press play in biddle i start getting my output file but it just keeps going. My 5 min song ended up being 25 gig before I stoped it. The timer on the plyer doesnt move either when it is playing. Not sure what I have done. Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to make 3 DVD's of all Led Zeppelin's albums in DTS.

Cheers
Hi Surlyrich and welcome to the forum! The Zeppelin project sounds cool. I've been a major fan since the 70's and in fact I used many of their songs when developing my V.I bidule. It really helps one to better appreciate Page's genius when you get some of those layered guitars into a 3-dimensional space! Plus, Bonham's drums sound like they're sitting in front of you at times! Several members of the Zep mailing list I'm on have tried it and reported great results.

As for your problem, it sounds like you forgot to link the start for the file player and file recorder. When they're linked, the recorder stops at the same time as the player. I wrote a step-by-step procedure foe setting this up at: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...323#post548323

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask or PM me.

Regards,
Steve.
Old 2nd October 2004, 22:52   #708  |  Link
freenow

im newbie.
how i can a wav ar another audio format to ac3 dolby surround 5.1
i have a avi with pcm audio or another format audio
but i want to make audio dolby surround 5.1

sorry for my english..
thanks
Old 3rd October 2004, 00:02   #709  |  Link
ursamtl

Hi freenow and welcome to the forum!

Just convert your audio to a wave file and then follow one of the guides. the key is to get the audio into wave file format first. Check the forum by searching and reading some of the thread. You can can also find good information in the Doom9 guides. Then if you have specific questions, there are lots of us here in the forum to help.

Good luck,
Steve.
Old 3rd October 2004, 00:25   #710  |  Link
freenow

ok.
thanks
i have output the audio to wav.
now how i can convert to dolby surround 5.1?
who is the easy and best way to do this?
Old 3rd October 2004, 14:23   #711  |  Link
ursamtl

Hi again Freenow,

Do a bit of reading and then try out some of the methods. Daphy and Andy have put together an excellent server where you can download all the required software and instructions for each method. You can find it at Needfulthings. You can find an extensive list of methods described in this forum at 99% Complete List of stereo to surround methods.

When doing any of the methods using Plogue Bidule, the following two points are important:[list=1][*]Set Bidule to never output waveformatextensible files as explained and pictured in http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...238#post525238 .[*]Link your Audio File Player and Audio File Recorder following the instructions in http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...23#post548323.[/list=1]One thing I might point out is that "Dolby Surround" is not 5.1. It is the original matrixed surround encoding method that eventually became Dolby Pro Logic and then Pro Logic II. I think what you want is "Dolby Digital 5.1", which is five separate full-range channels plus one for low-frequencies.

As I said above, take your time and try out a couple of the methods listed. It can be a lot of fun.

Regards,
Steve.
Old 10th October 2004, 21:33   #712  |  Link
@ndy

Hi everybody,
as I heard from daphy, my FTP-Server was not reachable. There was an error message like this: "you don`t have the right to access this folder" or so on.
I think that i fixed the problem, so that you`ll have full access including to upload your files again.

If you have problems using my service feel free to send me a pm.

For all of you using my upload service:

I will not post more news concerning my FTP-Server in any other thread than this one.

If you want to be up to date you have to subscribe this thread to be informed.

Keep surrounding
@ndy

Old 12th October 2004, 18:48   #713  |  Link
Eye of Horus
Banned

removed

The guide on the first page is removed by me.

As someone is trying so hard to take things over here (the wannabe-moderator ) with his "I know everything better attitude" , I should say : be happy with him and his method.

As long as this jerk goes on, I'm off............

EoH
Old 13th October 2004, 17:19   #714  |  Link
DSP8000
Doom9 Member

It is very good to have people that understand so much about audio, but people with attitude like yours just make me sick.
On the end of the day this forum is NOT yours, so nobody is taking over something yours.

DSP8000
Old 13th October 2004, 18:48   #715  |  Link
KpeX

Please stay on-topic to the original subject of this thread, or this thread will be closed. As previously mentioned, a copy of the guide is available on ftp://daphy.mine.nu/
Old 13th October 2004, 23:45   #716  |  Link
SallyDog

@EoH

You started it; you should be able to finish it.

Sorry to see you go, but thanks for everything.

Regards
Old 13th October 2004, 23:50   #717  |  Link
Eye of Horus
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DSP8000
It is very good to have people that understand so much about audio, but people with attitude like yours just make me sick.
On the end of the day this forum is NOT yours, so nobody is taking over something yours.

DSP8000
I fully agree and nowhere I said it's my forum !
But the guide is my intellectual property and I posted it here for everyone to enjoy. If my efforts on converting stereo to surround are reason for some people to get offensive, I have the right to remove it too ! I also have the right to feel disappointed about the behaviour of someone here, the constant attacks and praising anything other than my guide in the thread I started with my guide. No moderator who did anything about it ! No moderator with a : stay on topic message. (only after a request !)
Messages about the bad results my method should give and immediately sending people to his method...... No operator in sight !

Even questions addressed to me are answered immediately by this person. Why ? He is not EoH, I am !
No moderator who says anything about that behaviour....

All with the reason : free forum, freedom of speech etc. etc.
If being offensive is called freedom of speech here, I don't want to be part of it any longer !

And before someone comes with the question : yes, I tried to solve things ! I tried to reach out ! But it cannot come from me alone. Both sides should be willing to solve the problems. I was !

I regret the days that DSPGuru had an active role here, are over.
I regret seeing all good people (people who could learn me something without constantly nagging about my method) stopped posting...
I regret the fact that Doom9 is no longer the first place to visit when having problems with audio or video, for a lot of people.

I regret that it has to end this way.

And mostly I regret having to leave (or better being forced to leave) because there is also a large group of persons here, that I like and who were friendly and appreciated what I made ! I want to thank them for the nice responses and perhaps I'll see you all somewhere else in future !

kind regards,

EoH
Old 14th October 2004, 12:23   #718  |  Link
daphy
Miles Freak

Hi folks,

as Freddy Mercury once said:

The Show must go on ( - even if one have to leave!)

After being forced to remove the old guide, here my first attemp of an easy click guide (version 1.0b)

feedback wanted!

Last edited by daphy; 14th October 2004 at 12:27.
Old 14th October 2004, 16:15   #719  |  Link
KpeX

@EoH

If you have a problem with a forum member, then either use the report post link or post the link to a specific post. You cannot make these blind accusations and say that the moderator is not active in this forum.

If there are posts that you feel violate the rules, please point them out to me. But I fail to see what you are talking about.

This forum is a venue for free speech. Members are free to ask you something. Other members are free to post their answer or opinion to the question, and you are free to post your answer. The original poster has the freedom to use or learn from whatever answers he chooses.

I don't see insults in this thread, or in the other 5.1 discussion threads. I see a lot of discussion and testing of conversion methods. Again, if you feel there are insulting or rule breaking posts, please show me.
Old 14th October 2004, 17:15   #720  |  Link
Eye of Horus
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by KpeX
@EoH

If you have a problem with a forum member, then either use the report post link or post the link to a specific post. You cannot make these blind accusations and say that the moderator is not active in this forum.

If there are posts that you feel violate the rules, please point them out to me. But I fail to see what you are talking about.

This forum is a venue for free speech. Members are free to ask you something. Other members are free to post their answer or opinion to the question, and you are free to post your answer. The original poster has the freedom to use or learn from whatever answers he chooses.

I don't see insults in this thread, or in the other 5.1 discussion threads. I see a lot of discussion and testing of conversion methods. Again, if you feel there are insulting or rule breaking posts, please show me.
As I said : in the past the moderators played an active role. But now the members must inform the moderators. You say you don't find anything ? And now I have to search to show you examples ?

Sentences like this one about me , were not enough for you to do anything about it :
"Yes it's indeed a "superb job" to take someone else's ideas, modify them and then claim their your own without giving credit to the person who came up with the idea. That's very "gracious", very "inventive" and extremely "friendly."

Just one of many many more. Strange that you don't find them !
If I want to, I can post at least 25 of these quotes, that I consider insulting. Hey, it's MY feeling I have with remarks like this. That you don't care about this, doesn't mean the feeling will be gone for ME ! Calling that "blind accusations" while there are so many examples, is IMHO not fair !

I'm sorry Kpex, but as moderator you did no good job (compared to the old times). I repeat : if freedom of speech is an excuse to let those insults go on, then I don't feel this is the place where I feel comfortable. Your first reaction was a threat to close down this thread. Where were you when those insults started ?

Everyone who reads this whole thread can point you exactly to where it started. Strange that you can't do that yourself !

just my 2 cents......

EoH
Closed Thread