Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 17th January 2011, 19:17   #1  |  Link
Gaby83
言承旭...我爱你!

How to denoise this? Need Help.

Hi doom9 users, I been trying to denoise this video with no good results, I've tried RemoveDirt but I think this denoise filter its too strong for my source. I've tried RemoveNoiseMC_HQ too (and some others that I dont remember, been doing this for 3 days already <o>) but it seems not to be enough, I'm kinda newbie in avisynth so I hope someone can give me some advices and maybe some exemples to learn how to apply a propper denoise filter for this source. I dont really know if this is mosquito noise or low bitrate noise, what I know if the lines are jaggy but couldn't find a filter to get rid of that without actually making the video too blur.

[Source] unprocessed file (m2v):
http://www.mediafire.com/?0i2abwn8esa1qo4

Here is the file (avi):
http://www.mediafire.com/?0iu6c3so841z8f0

Oh, btw, this what I'm using now, but can't see any change at all: RemoveNoiseMC_HQ(tlimit=5,rgrain=3)
I use lastest Divx and/or xvid to encode to avi.

in advance,

Last edited by Gaby83; 17th January 2011 at 21:29. Reason: Added a "unprocessed sample" link
Gaby83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 19:48   #2  |  Link
Nightshiver
Quality Freak

LOL. Let me say that again, LOL. What in the world are you playing at? There's no noise in your sample, therefore,you don't need to denoise it, not with a source that clean. And in the future, don't give us an .avi, give us an unprocessed sample, meaning ripped directly from the DVD.
Nightshiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 21:26   #3  |  Link
Gaby83
言承旭...我爱你!

LOL dont be so rude please -.- I'm not your child :P Dont laugh of me
First of all thank you for answer, I apreciate it.

Well, It does have noise, if you have a good monitor you can notice(fullscreen the video and you will notice even more), there is noise and jaggy lines in that video, if not I wouldn't waste your time and come to doom9 to ask for help :/

I didnt post the unprocessed sample because its the same quality/problem, progresive mpeg2 pure film, I thought it was not necesary, excuse me for that. I've edit the first post and added a link with the unprocessed sample. (m2v)
The jaggy lines and the noise is present even in the vob file, and it makes the video less compressible, so I'm trying to find a way to get rid of that noise so I can compress properly the video.

And btw Nightshiver, for being a "Quality Freak" your standards seems not to be very high hehehe (jk)

Last edited by Gaby83; 17th January 2011 at 21:33.
Old 19th January 2011, 00:29   #4  |  Link
Nightshiver
Quality Freak

I more than likely have a better monitor than you do. A dell 30" 3007WFP. Your source is CLEAN. Stop trying to make it look like plastic. Seriously, you couldn't ask for a better source. Regular DVD's look far worse than that. And I would also hazard just a tiny guess that I've been doing this far longer than you have, so I think I just might be knowing what I'm talking about.

The "jaggies" are a simple matter of using DGIndex and using the option "Forced Film". Your source is a progressive 29.97. Your video is pristine beyond doing the forced film. Be happy that's it's as clean as it is.

Last edited by Nightshiver; 19th January 2011 at 00:49.
Nightshiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 04:42   #5  |  Link
*.mp4 guy

I think (hope) what he is concerned about is that the video has some minor aliasing introduced by downscaling with what I would guess is a simple box filter. I would suggest just leaving it alone, interpolation is an unsolved problem, and there will always be something that could be better. That said, you could probably easily obliterate this with any one of tritical's non-linear interpolation filters.
*.mp4 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 05:31   #6  |  Link
7ekno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby83 View Post
if you have a good monitor you can notice(fullscreen the video and you will notice even more), there is noise and jaggy lines in that video
Seriously?!? You upscale it with god knows which algorithm, then complain about the noise and jaggies from the upscale?!?

Try spotting the problems without running it via any other filters, it's clean .... any other filter and your going to risk losing detail ...

7ek
Old 19th January 2011, 06:43   #7  |  Link
Gaby83
言承旭...我爱你!

Well, maybe I just see the noise I'm talking about when I encode the video to avi, those jaggy lines make it very hard to compress, and It doesnt matter if I encode it with quant 1, it noises :/ Compare the AVI file with M2V file, you will notice the noise I'm talking about (in avi file) , and the avi file is bigger than mpeg. Is that normal?

Thanks for your advices, maybe I'm a little paranoic. I'll try those non-linear interpolation filters. Thanks Oh, Nightshiver, I didnt understand what you mean with "Your video is pristine beyond doing the forced film". You mean I dont have to "Force Film" in dgindex?
I've notice my source is 29.970fps and when I force film it turns 23.980fps, is there a way to keep the 29.970fps?

Thank you again and sorry if you feel you're wasting your time with my questions.
Gaby.
Old 19th January 2011, 13:32   #8  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby83 View Post
I've notice my source is 29.970fps and when I force film it turns 23.980fps, is there a way to keep the 29.970fps?
23.976fps is the correct framerate. Why would you want to change that? What's the intended output format? If for DVD encode as progressive 23.976fps with pulldown so it outputs interlaced 29.97fps, just like the sample you showed us.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 16:04   #9  |  Link
Gaby83
言承旭...我爱你!

Oh I c! Thank you! Never worked with a progresive dvd before, this is new for me ^///^

Tags
denoise, noise reduction, remove noise