Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd June 2018, 13:50   #1  |  Link
ccsoon

Adobe Encore Guide for adding mutiple audio and making AVCHD DVD

This is a GUIDE for adding multiple audio format's into your Blu-ray from ADOBE ENCORE (which can only do one!)
and convert your Blu-ray and keep your own created MENU into a playable AVCHD DVD a.k.a BD-9 / BD-5!

Things you need:
  • Adobe Encore (I use 5.1 CS5.5)
  • Adobe Premeire Pro (I use CS5.5)
  • tsMuxeR (Free) - link
  • BDEdit (Free) - link
  • BD-Rebuilder (Free) - link

You can download my PDF guide to read it on your own time or print it out and lay it next of you and read it of paper.

Start:

In this tutorial I’m going to try explain how to:
- add multiple audio format like PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, ect.. into a Blu-ray
- convert your Blu-ray Folder to AVCHD DVD (a.k.a BD-9 BD-5) with your own created menu!

Step one (for AVCHD):
If you created your movie in ADOBE PREMIERE PRO export it by: File > Export > Media
you select (what is underlined): Export Settings > Format > H.264 Blu-ray
in the Basic Video Settings you choose whatever you want (PAL, NTSC,...)
in the Bitrate Settings you set
  • Bitrate Encoding: VBR, 2 PASS
  • Bitrate Level: Custom
  • Target Bitrate: 7
  • Maximum Bitrate: 7
Why 7? Because DVD has a maximum useable bitrate of 10.08 Mbit/s so that you have enough room for your HD audio and menu’s.

Step one (for Blu-ray):
Just export your video in whatever bitrate!

Step two:
In Adobe Premiere Pro you can only export Dolby Digital or PCM you can export just this two
or you have an additional software where you can create DTS-HD Master Audio (for example: Surcode Encoder for DTS-HD for Compressor (Apple users)), Dolby TrueHD.
Just export the audio formats that you want to put into the Blu-ray and AVCHD (note: I did not test DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD on AVCHD DVD, only Dolby Digital and PCM)

Step three:
Create your project in Adobe Encore, Blu-ray off-course, add your menu, layout…
but in the Default Transcode Settings (File > Project Settings > Default Transcode Settings > TAB: Blu-ray)
you can choose only one kind of audio format; PCM or Dolby Digital. That doesn’t really matter right now, choose one of them is fine.

So if you create your AUDIO menu with the different audio formats as button’s (I created PCM and Dolby Digital as button’s) link the audio (of your movie sequence)
with the button’s but it doesn’t really matter if all of your audio sources is, for example *.AC3, what is important:
is that you know in which order the audio must be. For example DTS-HD button is linked with AUDIO 2, Dolby Digital button is linked with AUDIO 1,...
so you know Dolby Digital comes first and DTS-HD second. (In my case PCM is AUDIO 1 and Dolby Digital is AUDIO 2)

Step four:
Build your Blu-ray in Adobe Encore and choose Blu-ray Folder

AVCHD? Go to Step eight!!

Step five (for Blu-ray):
When you created your Blu-ray folder you need to locate which Playlist contains your movie and what clipinfo is linked with your movie.
So you can one-by-one drag and drop all the *.MPLS files into tsMuxeR (BDMV > PLAYLIST > *.MPLS).
In my case it’s playlist 00007.mpls and if you can see 00014.m2ts is my movie so the clipinfo is 00014.clp
i (BDMV > CLIPINF > *.CLPI)
and if you can notice I have 2 AC3 files but I want the first one as PCM and the second AC3 (Dolby Digital). So you click on the add button.

And search for your audio file.
When you add your audio file, in my case PCM,
you replace the first audio file by removing the first audio file,
in this case it’s number 2 so it looks like this:

The next thing that you have to prepare is in on the tab, Blu-ray. In the Options section you must fill only two things: First MPLS file and First M2TS file.
  • First MPLS file: here you fill the playlist number mine was 00007.mpls so I fill 7 in.
  • First M2TS file: here you fill the clipinf/m2ts file number, mine was 00014.m2ts so I fill 14 in.
In the Output section you check “Blu-ray folder” and choose your destination. All done? Click on “Start muxing

Step six (for Blu-ray)
When muxing is done you replace in the Adobe Encore exported Blu-ray folder (original) your *.M2TS and *.CLPI file from the tsMuxeR GUI Blu-ray folder (muxed).
So in the original STREAM folder I deleted the 00014.m2ts file and import the muxed 00014.m2ts which contain the added audio stream.
And in the original CLIPINF folder I delete the 00014.clpi and import the muxed 00014.clpi file. You don’t replace the MPLS file!! Only *.M2TS and *.CLPI

Step seven (for both)
Now you open BDEdit. (We’re almost there!) And click on the yellow folder icon and locate your BDMV folder and it will look, more or less, like this:

And click on the PLAYLIST tab. Just under the xxxxx.mpls there is a list box in here you select your playlist file.
In mine case “ 00007 ” And in the section: PlayList you select your movie file.
In mine case “ 00014 “ is this highlighted?
Good!
Now you go to the section STN here you will see different shortcut names like: Vi , Au , PG , IG , sV , sA , PIP.
Here you select the Au (Au stands for Audio) And just under Au you must see a number,
in mine case 2, because I want PCM and Dolby Digital and if I can count correctly that’s two.
Do you have more? Like 3? You must see the number 3! And so on. Now you see something like:
  • 001 PlayItem 1100 DD, Stereo, 48KHz, NLD (this can be different!)
  • 002 PlayItem 1101 DD, Stereo, 48KHz, NLD (this can be different!)
  • ..... if you have more
That’s because your playlist doesn’t know that you have added different audio format so we are going manually change this.
Now you must know which audio format comes first what second and so on..
So I click on the “ 001 “ and just under that you have multiple list boxes, the third is for your audio format, so I choose LPCM.
The forth one is for how many channels you have. The fifth is what kind of Hertz your audio is. And the Sixth is what language is your audio file.
Just don’t touch the first and the second! So mine will look like this:
  • 001 PlayItem 1100 LPCM, Stereo, 48KHz, NLD
  • 002 PlayItem 1101 DD, Stereo, 48KHz, NLD

Done? Click on the Save button and there you have, your Blu-ray! Yeeey you did’t it!!!
Now you can burn it on a Blu-ray disc and try it on your Blu-ray player and run around your table and jump with joy!

AVCHD:

Step eight (for AVCHD)
Now you open BD-Rebuilder and in the “ Source path “ you select your Adobe
Encore Blu-ray folder. And in your “ Working path “ you choose a destination
where the AVCHD folder must be stored. Now you click on: Settings > Setup in
this section it doesn’t really care what is checked and what’s not, the only thing
that MUST be checked is: Strict AVCHD for BD-5/9 Movie-Only and then click on
Save Changes (in the picture you can see what I checked and what not.)
Under the tab mode you select Full Backup because you want to keep your
menu’s!
(note: I did not test this with a popup-menu)
Under the tab Settings > Output Options it doesn’t really matter if it’s on BD-9 or
BD-5. We just change this afterwards. But it doesn’t hurt if you checked what you
want.
And if you notice my second audio is marked with a red cross, make sure that all
of your audio has the little “ Windows Media Player “ icon. This is important for
the *.MPLS file.

Done everything? Click on Backup. If the software is encoding your movie again, just let it be, go out or drink some coffee or stretch your legs.
When it’s all done you should have 2 folder’s one from Adobe Encore Blu-ray Folder and the new build folder from
BD-Rebuilder: AVCHD folder.

Step nine (for AVCHD)
In this step involves working on both folders so make a copy for your own safety.
Now we are going to work on the Adobe Encore Blu-ray folder preparing your
audio and use your own coded movie for the AVCHD BD-9, BD-5 (DVD) so you can
follow “ Step five “ but the only thing that is different is you have to check on the
Output section the “AVCHD Folder“ Done? Go back to step ten.

Step ten (for AVCHD)
When muxing is done you replace in the BD-Rebuilder exported AVCHD folder (new) your *.M2TS and *.CLPI file from the tsMuxeR GUI AVCHD folder
(muxed from the Adobe Encore Blu-ray folder). So in the BD-Rebuilder STREAM folder I deleted the 00014.m2ts file
and import the muxed 00014.m2ts which contain the added audio stream and my own coded video file.
And in the BD-Rebuilder CLIPINF folder I delete the 00014.clpi and import the muxed 00014.clpi file.
You don’t replace the MPLS file!! Only *.M2TS and *.CLPI

All done? Now you can follow the last step, STEP SEVEN!
If you’ve done it all right you created a playable AVCHD DVD but don’t burn it on a
Blu-ray burn it on a DVD (single layer or double)!!

So this must be the guide/tutorial in how to add multiple audio formats into your Blu-ray
and how to convert your Blu-ray into a AVCHD!
Still have any question feel free to ask!

Yours CCSOON
ccsoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add, audio format, avchd, encore