Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 14th March 2024, 15:09   #781  |  Link
coricopat

Hey folks.

I do have the drive now (BH16NS55) and after some minor struggles (https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/view...150235#p150235) managed to downgrade it to 1.02 with which DVDFab (using 13.0.1.3) seems happy with (it successfully "opens" a UHD).

So next I wanted to get the RDK via FindVUK, but that I fail to do.

How exactly would the steps for that be? Simply run FindVUK.exe? If I do so (with the UHD already read in by DVDFab, and that of course still running) it stops at.
--- Part 1 --- GET DUMP ---
and there it just hangs and does nothing.

It does seem to find DVDfab Version 13.0.1.3 and also procdump64.exe

Any ides?
coricopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2024, 16:02   #782  |  Link
coricopat

Forget it. I need to actually start the copy process in DVDFab and only then it seems to get the various keys and FindVUK seems to kick in. And eventually one gets the RDK. *hurray*
Old 12th April 2024, 21:20   #783  |  Link
ZA0kFF4mIG0oC1

Hello

First of all I would like to say HUGE thank you to all of you who are doing amazing job with finding keys, host certificates, programming tools and working on all amazing stuff. Huge thank you.

Also I would like to ask and get advice - on BEE discs I still getting error "Can not validate UnitKeys because of BusEncryption (missing ReadDataKey)!!" but I already have rdk file(s) in AppData\Roaming\aacs\rdk\...\... obtained using "aacs_info.exe". What I am doing wrong? Or do FindVUK searching for that keys in different directory?

Thank you for any advice

Last edited by ZA0kFF4mIG0oC1; 13th April 2024 at 08:34.
ZA0kFF4mIG0oC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2024, 11:31   #784  |  Link
mick0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA0kFF4mIG0oC1 View Post
Also I would like to ask and get advice - on BEE discs I still getting error "Can not validate UnitKeys because of BusEncryption (missing ReadDataKey)!!" but I already have rdk file(s) in AppData\Roaming\aacs\rdk\...\... obtained using "aacs_info.exe". What I am doing wrong? Or do FindVUK searching for that keys in different directory?
I don't believe FindVUK uses any keys from libaacs cache.
mick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2024, 09:16   #785  |  Link
ZA0kFF4mIG0oC1

Hello

Would be super nice if FindVUK will use RDKs from accs folder or if not, the I have another two suggestions:

Sice we sometimes know that RDK key,
1) FindVUK could accept this RDK as a parameter for console command like 'findvuk.exe aacskeys=D: --rdk=XXX' or
2) in moment where it tells 'ReadDataKey is missing...' could wait and read user input so user can paste/write that RDK key.

I think this would be very helpfull for validating VUKs. Have a nice day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalor View Post
A few words of introduction:

As we all know there's no chance to free the Bluray format as it happened with the DVD...
ZA0kFF4mIG0oC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2024, 22:59   #786  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Hello

Would be super nice if FindVUK will use RDKs from accs folder or if not, the I have another two suggestions:

1) FindVUK could accept this RDK as a parameter for console command like 'findvuk.exe aacskeys=D: --rdk=XXX' or
2) in moment where it tells 'ReadDataKey is missing...' could wait and read user input so user can paste/write that RDK key.

It's already taking the RDK from the rdk folder, only the path is quite complex (in my opinion) - but afaik this is the "official" path nevertheless:

<keydb-path>\rdk\<driveid>\<discid>

where driveid=SHA1 fingerprint of the drive certificate that matches the disc (AACS1 for blu-ray and AACS2 for UHD)
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2024, 02:28   #787  |  Link
coricopat

@ZA0kFF4mIG0oC1

Quote:
where driveid=SHA1 fingerprint of the drive certificate that matches the disc (AACS1 for blu-ray and AACS2 for UHD)
An easy way to find out the right path is to try to playback the medium with e.g. mpv (or something that uses libaacs) and set env vars so that debug mode is enabled.
Then it will print which path it tries to open (at least if I remember correctly, it does so - if not, strace is your friend, at least on Linux).

You can enable debug mode by setting the env vars:
Code:
BD_DEBUG_MASK=4294967295
AACS_DEBUG_MASK=4294967295
(the number is just the maxium debug mask).

HTH,
Coricopat.
Old 21st April 2024, 12:26   #788  |  Link
MrPenguin
Mr Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by coricopat View Post
An easy way to find out the right path is to try to playback the medium with e.g. mpv (or something that uses libaacs) and set env vars so that debug mode is enabled.
I'll just observe that on Linux, libbluray may choose to use MakeMKV's libmmbd.so.0 instead of libaacs for its AACS functionality. Obviously, if libbluray does choose libmmbd.so.0 then it will also ignore everything inside libaacs's cache.
MrPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2024, 15:44   #789  |  Link
forwardinbound

Hello!
Is there any way to contact nalor? I have some private messages that I want to communicate with nalor, but nalor seems to have left no email address and has been offline recently.
Thanks for your help.
forwardinbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2024, 18:14   #790  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardinbound View Post
Hello!
Is there any way to contact nalor? I have some private messages that I want to communicate with nalor, but nalor seems to have left no email address and has been offline recently.
Thanks for your help.
Already answered to the private message
Old 4th May 2024, 22:11   #791  |  Link
nalor

I've published FindVUK 1.74 which includes a new mode:
* ValidateDisc

It requires to also specify a "drive" parameter and finally FindVUK is reading the disc-entry from keydb, is checking if everything is working fine with the disc in the drive and finally uploads the result to the online database.

For discs which require bus-decryption in the selected drive, the RDK is usually taken from the DVDfab memory dump - but in the new mode no dump exists and therefore the RDK cannot be retrieved automatically. In order to deal with this problem the init file now has 2 new parameters:
  • Create_RDK_Cache_Entry_Cmd
  • Disable_Bus_Encryption_Cmd

Those allow to specify an external tool which is able to either create an RDK for the current disc or to disable bus-encryption for the current drive.
There's a description of the syntax in the ini-file - but the cmdline allows to specify placeholders to create a useful command:
  • $DRIVE$ (driveletter - e.g. d)
  • $DRIVEID$ (of the drive - is part of the RDK path)
  • $DISCID$ (of the current disc - is part of the RDK path)
  • $FULLRDKPATH$ (full path of the expected RDK file)

When the external tool ends with errorlevel 0, this is treated as "success", everything else is treated as fail.
Old 4th May 2024, 22:13   #792  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Hello

With FindVUK 1.74 it's now possible to call an external application which can also ask the user to input an RDK, creates the expected RDK file and finally exits back to FindVUK.
Old 4th May 2024, 22:16   #793  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
Hi, thanks for replying. Settings DriveCheckEnabled=0 does indeed allow the drive to validate the disk successfully:

I had hoped that this validation would be enough for FindVUK to remove this disk's "(NOTVALIDATED)" tag from KEYDB.cfg, but sadly it doesn't.
The new mode now does exactly what you expected: it just validates and once successful, it's uploaded to the database and the "notvalidated" info should be removed.
Just in case this part is not working as expected please let me know, I didn't test it.
Old 5th May 2024, 01:51   #794  |  Link
MrPenguin
Mr Penguin

Quote:
The new mode now does exactly what you expected: it just validates and once successful, it's uploaded to the database and the "notvalidated" info should be removed.
Just in case this part is not working as expected please let me know, I didn't test it.
Just sent you a PM. My Pioneer didn't populate the <VolumeLabel> elements for three of my discs, so the uploaded entries are now incorrect. My BU40N has populated <VolumeLabel>, but apparently the database needs "manual correction" now .
Old 5th May 2024, 09:44   #795  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
Just sent you a PM. My Pioneer didn't populate the <VolumeLabel> elements for three of my discs, so the uploaded entries are now incorrect. My BU40N has populated <VolumeLabel>, but apparently the database needs "manual correction" now .
Strange, Reading the volume label is not complicated at all.

Can you send me the log where it happened? And maybe a log of the same disc from the other drive?

Thanks!
Old 5th May 2024, 11:28   #796  |  Link
MrPenguin
Mr Penguin

Quote:
Strange, Reading the volume label is not complicated at all.

Can you send me the log where it happened? And maybe a log of the same disc from the other drive?

Thanks!
I'm executing FindVUK via wineconsole, and the relevant part of the log in all cases is merely:
Code:
2024-05-04 22:29:14 # 7079 # [I] findvuk_validate / FVVAL_Mode_FindVUK /  --- PART 2 --- VALIDATE VUK/UNITKEYS ---^M
2024-05-04 22:29:14 # 7080 # [I] findvuk_validate / FVVAL_Mode_FindVUK / PauseBeforeValidateVUK requested - please press enter to continue with ValidateVUK^M
2024-05-04 22:29:22 # 14551 # [I] findvuk_validate / _CheckVolumeLabel / Got VolumeName from disc >< - is used from now on (old VolumeLabel >)^M
2024-05-04 22:29:22 # 14551 # [I] findvuk_validate / _GetMetaInformation / Read MetaTitle from MetaFiles now^M
2024-05-04 22:29:24 # 17196 # [I] findvuk_bluraymeta / BlurayMeta_GetPreferredTitle /  >> MetaFile found >e:\bdmv\meta\dl\bdmt_eng.xml<^M
The logs with the BU40N are the same, except containing the correct Volume Label value.

So I'm not sure FindVUK can do much here, except maybe reject zero-length volume labels. I certainly cannot explain why the Pioneer XD08 fails but the BU40N ("DE" firmware) succeeds. To be fair, I'm far more concerned by having uploaded damaged entries in the DB which FindVUK doesn't allow me to fix.

Last edited by MrPenguin; 5th May 2024 at 11:36.
Old 8th May 2024, 23:28   #797  |  Link
nalor

Published FindVUK 1.75, it includes a few small changes:
  • DriveId for AACS2 drives is now correctly calculated, the RDK files stored correctly/taken from the correct folder
  • DateDiscId is now read directly from the UDF filesystem - this is necessary as linux/wine does not deliver the same date/time as windows does
  • prevent to upload data with empty volumename
  • in case an empty volumename is detected, a 2nd attempt to read directly from UDF filesystem is performed

Hopefully I did not introduce new errors