Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 26th December 2012, 06:16   #1  |  Link
djmasturbeat

How Do I Convert Chapters After IVTC/Decimate?

So, I hope the title is pretty self-explanatory.
Is there some easy way to covert DVD chapters from the original chapter list to chapters after using IVTC and Decimate? (since it removes "frames").
Preferably I would like some GUI chapter tool that already exists, one that could read the IFO files for chapter list, or read the already output text chapter list (any format that can be output by DVD Decrypter)? Or perhaps a tool that can get this information based on and avs file and index of video...

If no simple tool exists, please help me figure out how I would do it for different instances, starting with a common 3p/2i NTSC hard telecine. If you need examples of these portions of scripts let me know, but it seemed a bit unneeded at this poiint.

thanks so much for any help =)
djmasturbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 12:22   #2  |  Link
manono

You don't have to change anything. The length remains the same. The chapter points remain the same.

I'm assuming you're doing this for DVD. I'm also assuming you're using something like Muxman for authoring (and takes frame numbers as input). You're substituting soft telecine for hard telecine. Either way the 29.97fps frame numbers for the chapters are the same. You only have to change the chapters if you do a framecount/framerate change (PAL to NTSC, for example).
manono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chapters, decimate, dvd, ivtc, telecine