Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 5th August 2009, 17:02   #21  |  Link
thewebchat
Advanced Blogging

VFR is not done for compression-related reasons. VFR is done because nobody likes watching badly decimated 60i content.
thewebchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 17:30   #22  |  Link
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'zzy View Post
Even if compression-wise DeDup does do about nothing, I still consider it helpful speed-wise...

Like what I described before, DeDup will reduce the work for the filters after it, especially when the filters after are heavy. Am I right about this?
No, probably not. What you gain in filtering speed is offset in what you lose by having to do an analysis pass with dedup.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 17:49   #23  |  Link
D'zzy
paint it red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
No, probably not. What you gain in filtering speed is offset in what you lose by having to do an analysis pass with dedup.
Only first pass of DeDup do the analysis, and while encoding it simply reads the log file to determine which frames to drop.(And that's a lot, ~8000 out of 35000)

The point is, filters after DeDup may be really heavy, in which case speed gain due to DeDup becomes huge.
Also, the first pass of DeDup does not require linear access. So I actually put it "in the background" while I check out the video back and forth in VDub/AvsP.

No matter what, since you talked about "gain in filtering speed", I guess my understanding in how the script works is right.

Thank you. And thank you too, thewebchat.
D'zzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, avisynth, ivtc, replace