Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 4th March 2022, 06:59   #101  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
CTelecineNew(bob=true).SelectEven() is p match only.
that not work for vfr case with 60i and I need "2-way match" which mean (p/c) for tff or (c/n) for bff
Old 4th March 2022, 08:12   #102  |  Link
Ceppo

Quote:
that not work for vfr case with 60i and I need "2-way match" which mean (p/c) for tff or (c/n) for bff
Let me explain, so that we are sure we are comparing apple with apple, since I can't follow you when you say tff and bff.
The parity is checked internally, so you will get the correct n match whatever your source is tff or bff. If you use AssumeTFF on a BFF clip (or the inverse) you will get a TFM u match. So I don't understand why on TFF you get a p match and on BFF you get a n match. The use of that, what it is?
U,B,P matches are useless. Here why:
P match: it is useful only on the last telecined frame before a post telecine cut. If you match with the previous you will eliminate the telecined frame but you will end up with a duplicate. So it is better to deinterlace and save the field without a match to retain the original content of the source. Another use is on the first frame of a post telecine cut, if the first frame is telecined the n match will end up giving you a duplicate of the following frame. So you lose the field without match forever.
B match: makes no sense in any way possible.
U match: it may be usefull in one single case. You get a frame with the correct field order, BUT the field are swapped cronologically. A u match will fix that. But to check for it is slow for not much gain so I was thinking of making a function to use before CTelecine to fix the parity of the frame in the case a u match is what you need, so that CTelecine can get the u match by doing his standard n match.

So if I'm missing something please explain your point.
Ceppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2022, 09:10   #103  |  Link
Ceppo

Code:
mua gmail edu h*ng tốt giá rẻ có dịch vụ giao h*ng thu tiền t*n nơi đảm bảo cho khách h*ng. phụ bạn một tay chúc bạn ng*y phát triển
Or is another language or my browser don't support the characters. So I can't read.
Old 4th March 2022, 09:22   #104  |  Link
ChaosKing

It's a spam post! (not the first time)
Old 4th March 2022, 09:41   #105  |  Link
Ceppo

Quote:
It's a spam post! (not the first time)
I see, never seen that in my life. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 4th March 2022, 10:27   #106  |  Link
kedautinh12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceppo View Post
Code:
mua gmail edu h*ng tốt giá rẻ có dịch vụ giao h*ng thu tiền t*n nơi đảm bảo cho khách h*ng. phụ bạn một tay chúc bạn ng*y phát triển
Or is another language or my browser don't support the characters. So I can't read.
I knew that language. It's Vietnamese language. You can read it if forum support Vietnamese
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2022, 19:40   #107  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Let me explain, so that we are sure we are comparing apple with apple, since I can't follow you when you say tff and bff.
The parity is checked internally, so you will get the correct n match whatever your source is tff or bff. If you use AssumeTFF on a BFF clip (or the inverse) you will get a TFM u match. So I don't understand why on TFF you get a p match and on BFF you get a n match. The use of that, what it is?
U,B,P matches are useless. Here why:
P match: it is useful only on the last telecined frame before a post telecine cut. If you match with the previous you will eliminate the telecined frame but you will end up with a duplicate. So it is better to deinterlace and save the field without a match to retain the original content of the source. Another use is on the first frame of a post telecine cut, if the first frame is telecined the n match will end up giving you a duplicate of the following frame. So you lose the field without match forever.
B match: makes no sense in any way possible.
U match: it may be usefull in one single case. You get a frame with the correct field order, BUT the field are swapped cronologically. A u match will fix that. But to check for it is slow for not much gain so I was thinking of making a function to use before CTelecine to fix the parity of the frame in the case a u match is what you need, so that CTelecine can get the u match by doing his standard n match.

So if I'm missing something please explain your point.
ok, I forget that in bob case we need both (p/c) and (c/n) depending on which field we are in now, so your "CTelecineNew(bob=true).SelectEven() is p match only." is the answer I wanted

anyway, about the mouth problem, I note CTelecineNew(mode=4) kinda worst than tfm(pp=0), they should be same I think

edit: and what about adding optional clip parameter in CTelecineNew to make it do only match math from (and output from original of course), so we can use prefilterd clip with some denoise that fits the source we work on? also with it the nt will be 0 by default

Last edited by real.finder; 4th March 2022 at 19:51.
real.finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2022, 20:44   #108  |  Link
Ceppo

Quote:
anyway, about the mouth problem, I note CTelecineNew(mode=4) kinda worst than tfm(pp=0), they should be same I think
I will look into that. EDIT: Did you try sse=false? Is true by default, TFM default should be false. EDIT: you should match the nt setting as well.
Quote:
edit: and what about adding optional clip parameter in CTelecineNew to make it do only match math from (and output from original of course), so we can use prefilterd clip with some denoise that fits the source we work on? also with it the nt will be 0 by default
Yes, I can add a dClip for that. Now I'm working on reworking the old functions and adding colorspaces. So I will need some days before releasing. About the nt default it must first tested, since noise is not the only source of error. The denoise might miss things like compression artefacts or whatever. Also the denoise should* be field based so it would not be very accurate.

Last edited by Ceppo; 4th March 2022 at 21:44.
Old 4th March 2022, 22:16   #109  |  Link
real.finder

CTelecineNew(mode=4, sse=false) did it, thanks

Quote:
About the nt default it must first tested, since noise is not the only source of error. The denoise might miss things like compression artefacts or whatever. Also the denoise should* be field based so it would not be very accurate.
indeed, who will using this dClip should already advanced enough to know these things

Quote:
you should match the nt setting as well
how? tfm don't has nt

Last edited by real.finder; 4th March 2022 at 22:27.
Old 5th March 2022, 05:42   #110  |  Link
Ceppo

Strange, since FieldDiff has it, so why TFM doesn't have it
Old 6th March 2022, 08:08   #111  |  Link
real.finder

the best what I got now for the mouth problem
Code:
bob1=stgmc(useEdiExt=2,EdiExt=sanimebob(useBWDIF=true, FastNnediHBD=true),Sharpness=0,tr2=2,ESearchP=true, Refinemotion=true, fastma=true)
istff=GetParity()
bob2=Interleave(TFM(field=istff ? 1 : 0, micmatching=0, mode=0, clip2=bob1.selecteven()), TFM(field=istff ? 0 : 1, micmatching=0, mode=0, clip2=bob1.selectodd()))
#~ CTelecineNew(bob=true,write=true,thr60i=0.2,nt=5,ntn=4,mode=4, sse=false)
CTelecineNew(bob=true,thr60i=0.2,inputTxt=true,nt=5,ntn=4,mode=4, sse=false)
CPostProcessing(0.1,0.2,isbob=true,edeint=bob1,edeint2=bob2)
   mask = Sharpen(0,0.5).blur(1.58,0).Sharpen(0,0.2).blur(1.58,0).Sharpen(0,0.1).blur(1.58,0).CombMask(u=3,v=3)
last.MaskedMerge2(bob2, mask,mi=30,blockx=8,blocky=8)
CDecimateNew(isBob=true,error=false)
Old 6th March 2022, 08:55   #112  |  Link
Ceppo

What's the difference between TFM's bob and CTelecine's bob?
Old 6th March 2022, 14:33   #113  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
What's the difference between TFM's bob and CTelecine's bob?
TFM cant do bob by itself, but anyway, as you can see, tfm got clip2, I know I can do CTelecineNew.CPostProcessing to get similar thing but not worth it since it's just a test

Last edited by real.finder; 6th March 2022 at 14:37.
Old 9th March 2022, 13:33   #114  |  Link
Ceppo

I want to give an update. I added colorspace support and rewritten most filters, but at the moment gas price increased and I'm cold. So I'm taking it slowly. You won't have to wait a whole month, but is not going to come out tomorrow. Also, I will upload everything to Github before releasing.
Old 9th March 2022, 19:12   #115  |  Link
Selur

Any plans for a Vapoursynth version too?
Old 9th March 2022, 21:15   #116  |  Link
Ceppo

Quote:
Any plans for a Vapoursynth version too?
I don't use VapourSynth, BUT when I'm done with HBD and optimizations I might do it, but not sure.
Old 21st March 2022, 16:23   #117  |  Link
Ceppo

v1.2.0 is out, please read the readme file.

Also, I adopted a dog that was abandoned and she cries every night and I can't sleep, and I can't figure out out to release the draft from GitHub, since my head hurts if someone can help

Also, there might be some semantic bug going on since I'm out of shape and time. Please, feedback is appreciated.
Old 21st March 2022, 17:22   #118  |  Link
ChaosKing

Quote:
and I can't figure out out to release the draft from GitHub, since my head hurts if someone can help
You just click on "Create a new release" under releases (right sidebar)

There is also no CTools repo!? Probably set to private? https://docs.github.com/en/repositor...rys-visibility
Old 21st March 2022, 17:30   #119  |  Link
Ceppo

Thanks a lot, I made it public
About the release, I did it but it is stuck forever in draft mode and I'm not in the right mind to figure out how to change that
Old 22nd March 2022, 00:14   #120  |  Link
real.finder

thanks for the update

will play with it later since I got no time now