Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 23rd March 2021, 22:57   #1  |  Link
ENunn

Transferring D-Theater through Firewire

I want to transfer some D-Theater tapes that I have in the best quality possible. I have a 30000U D-vHS deck. I know I'm able to record through component, but since it's analog it won't be in the best quality. Is it possible to record D-Theater tapes through firewire?

I've looked up some threads on this topic, namely this one. However I'm not sure if that really works. I bought an SIR-T165 off eBay, but I'm waiting for a new power supply to come in since the current one's dead. Since there's no Firewire to USB box as mentioned in the thread, does this even work at all? Is the firewire passthrough really decrypted? Will this even work?

The only other high quality solution I can think of is to simply output DVI to my capture card, which is still digital but I'd prefer transferring the direct stream if possible.

Last edited by ENunn; 23rd March 2021 at 23:05.
ENunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2021, 22:19   #2  |  Link
ChiDragon

Those old posts would've been referring to this custom-built modification, made by some guy in Japan. Someone years ago told me they bought this mod. My memory is hazy, but I think they got a pre-modded box from him for hundreds of dollars.

CapUSB 1394 Edition
ChiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2021, 19:25   #3  |  Link
Dandu

I have contacted the guy recently for that, i have received a card and soldered the card into the T165, and now i can dump DTheater

https://www.journaldulapin.com/2021/10/25/hack-dvhs/

Last edited by Dandu; 25th October 2021 at 11:18.
Dandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2022, 22:20   #4  |  Link
ENunn

Posting again in this thread, does anyone offer services for installing this? Or is there another way to go about this? I really want to get the Cap1394, but I do not have the skills to install it myself. I just got a batch of 20 D-VHS tapes, recorded off Dish Network in 2001/02, but all the SD tapes are copy protected. The HD ones are not for some reason. I'm so pissed because they got some rare stuff, like pre-2002 Disney Channel. I really want to get these transferred without going analog. Does anyone have any ideas or am I out of luck?

Last edited by ENunn; 29th December 2022 at 22:31.
ENunn is offline   Reply With Quote