Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 2nd January 2019, 19:31   #161  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMED View Post
Just wondering if anybody knows an easyish way of automating the copying the network located source file in to the local staxrip temp folder so it can be processed a little faster and not encoded over the local network.
It won't be processed faster. 100Mbps network is more than enough for encoding blu-ray movie (~40Mbps). I doubt that your pc can encode 1920x1080 frames faster than 2xrealtime (48fps+) with x264/x265.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 2nd January 2019 at 19:34.
Old 2nd January 2019, 21:58   #162  |  Link
AMED

ahh ok, thanks for the answer.

I thought copying the source locally would speed up the demuxing, FFMS indexing and other staxrip functions. Then again probably time for the copy would offset the gains if any.
Old 2nd January 2019, 22:33   #163  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosD View Post
Many things to resolve and correct, so let's start !

I clearly didn't say to remove the FFTW completely, just from the mandatory installations of StaxRip v2.0.
Unless you say to me that StaxRip is unusable without FFTW, so we have to install FFTW in order for StaxRip to work (!)

In all other cases of StaxRip, when you press the install button, it just runs the installer or redirect you to the installer's site.
If an installer is not provided and run automatically, then instead of an install button you could have a link or mention the path for DLLs in order to install them manually.
It transfer the files to System Directory, Just Incase. I updated the Source code with additional syntax(Code is on Github).

Quote:

It really doesn't matter how the files are produced and how big they are, for the user.
I only mentioned the size in order to say that your versions are a lot different.
The DLLs provided only need to work and the files provided by you do not work.
On the other hand the files provided by rigaya do work.
ffmpeg is ffmpeg, Only thing that differs is what switches are enabled during compile time and how new the source code is. ffmpeg gets re-built every day. It could be a bug that happened.

They work fine for NVEnc, ffmpeg could have removed QS support from the default files. It's doubtful since there dev site still has it listed as active. Might be an issue at your end. Plus additional files like intel SDK will create problems.

Quote:
Maybe because the hardware encoders are his and not yours and probably he knows better his apps.
Maybe he has made custom compilations and the DLLs are special and not generic FFMPEG in order to work for his apps.

How do you know that ? In the post above you replied to me that you couldn't install drivers for the nVidia card on Win 10 October 2018 Update.
Not sure you understand how programming works or how ffmpeg code works.

Quote:
You don't seem to understand the problem or you are pretending that you don't understand.
QSV works just fine and it can be detected by QSVEnc.
The problem is that QSVEnc is complaining about the DLLs regarding FFMPEG support.
The DLLs mentioned above.
I don't think your comprehending what I'm saying.

Quote:

You have said a lot of times that you hadn't manage to make QSVEnc and NVEnc to work with Win 10 October 2018 update.
I never said that, I said I could get drivers installed. Two very different things. If you actually read my comment I said I tested NVEnc and it worked perfectly.

Quote:
And please stop saying wrong things like QSV support of Win 10 October 2018 update or QSV support of motherboards.
This has nothing to do with the problem.

Sometimes it's much easier and efficient to go by the book and just copy the original repository of third party apps, instead of trying to do it your way, unless you are in a position to test it - and you aren't as you have already said.
again your not comprehending what I'm saying.
Old 2nd January 2019, 22:55   #164  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by minda76 View Post
QSVEnc

Checked hardware too:

Success: QuickSyncVideo (hw encoding) available

This is null value for not being able to start-up intel Encoder or able to find the Encoder path.

since you can do Checked hardware you can rule out path issue.

Have your tried to input the commandline into cmd prompt to see if QVSEnc will run without StaxRip? If it does, Then we can rule out QSVEnc, if it doesn't then the issues is something to do with your setup or QVSEnc.

Try other decoders and see if anything changes.
Old 3rd January 2019, 01:05   #165  |  Link
Revan654

For those using AVS, This only effects anyone who has AVX2 only CPU's. Which effects Skylake(6700)+ CPU's. Not sure what CPU's on AMD side are AVX2 Only.

- If you have a CPU with only AVX2 support, Any AVX coded filter will not work. You will get a return code of no module found, no entry point found or no platform was found.

For example: FFT3DGPU. Which also effects the usage of XAA, DeNoiseMF & MCTemporalDenoise. They could be more, but I haven't gone through each one filter yet.

If one of the filters you use is effected my suggestion would be heading to Vapoursynth and see if it's been ported or try to find a different filter to use.
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:36   #166  |  Link
paauw

qscenc

if i use execute command (encoder option) line with intel h265 encoder option it starts converting but if i use de default 'next' it comes with the error mentioned

ps..

x265 is working fine so others work
Old 3rd January 2019, 19:32   #167  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by paauw View Post
if i use execute command (encoder option) line with intel h265 encoder option it starts converting but if i use de default 'next' it comes with the error mentioned

ps..

x265 is working fine so others work
x265 is pure software based, so it will run no matter what unless you get a bad filter into the mix. Intel is both software & hardware based on the options you select. if it doesn't like one flag it will return null value which creates your issue. In Programming null usually crashes the program. Debugging hardware encoders are harder to do. Plus I don't have QS enabled PC, I kind of limited of type of help I can offer.

Have your checked to make sure your CPU/iGPU can encode HEVC? Some can only do AVC Encoding. Others can only do decoding.

QS is PIA sometimes get up and running, Even on Handbrake support there many that can't get QS to work.

1. Check both Frameservers, it could just be an issue with AVS or VS and how the script is sent.

2. If you haven't update your iGPU drivers, Update the drivers to latest version.

3. Last thing could be something in VS2017/dotnet, I have no way to test & debug QVSEnc at my end.

The Encoding process hasn't been touched since 1.7. The flags & everything else looks the same based off the doc. The dev tool helper that reads each encoder and reports the changes is not reporting any kind of new or remove additions.

It would be a good idea to upload your log.
Old 4th January 2019, 03:33   #168  |  Link
Revan654

Tweaked a few functions in the source for QVSEnc, Anyone having issues can try to compile it and report the outcome.
Old 4th January 2019, 13:31   #169  |  Link
paauw

QSVenc

@Nikosd

maybe not intended but your reply is to aggressive and Revan deserves more respect for taking staxrip to the next level...and yes troubleshooting could be better but lack to own intel/qsv does not help...

@revan

QSV is working fine till 2.0 (from 1.7 till beta) the problem is not qsv because the commandline works.

Something inside of staxrip must have changed after 2.0 beta in the gui or in the call to start qsv .

as i mentioned , choosing the qsv profile (intel h265) the first time without starting qsv already brings up the error...

is there something changed in the gui or in the way you start/choose the profile in the gui after beta2 of staxrip ?
Old 4th January 2019, 15:28   #170  |  Link
Zetti

MKVToolNix v30.0.0 is released.
Old 4th January 2019, 18:44   #171  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
@Nikosd

maybe not intended but your reply is to aggressive and Revan deserves more respect for taking staxrip to the next level...and yes troubleshooting could be better but lack to own intel/qsv does not help...

@revan

QSV is working fine till 2.0 (from 1.7 till beta) the problem is not qsv because the commandline works.

Something inside of staxrip must have changed after 2.0 beta in the gui or in the call to start qsv .

as i mentioned , choosing the qsv profile (intel h265) the first time without starting qsv already brings up the error...

is there something changed in the gui or in the way you start/choose the profile in the gui after beta2 of staxrip ?
The core gui is untouched, The process commands that sends out the command is also untouched. Basically the entire code for QSVEnc is untouched other then a few flag updates. Those would not create those issues. Since NVEnc got the same flags and runs. It has to be something package file, dotnet and how it all links up.

I could revert back to 1.7 code and see if that helps. I not sure if that would help or not. The commands called are the same, I compared the two codes last night and there the same. It's likely something in dotnet broke it.

Current Code to call the process:
Code:
Using proc As New Proc
            proc.Header = "Video encoding"
            proc.Package = Package.QSVEnc
            proc.SkipString = " frames: "
            proc.File = "cmd.exe"
            proc.Arguments = "/S /C """ + Params.GetCommandLine(True, True) + """"
            proc.Start()
        End Using
Original Code:

Code:
 Using proc As New Proc
            proc.Header = "Video encoding"
            proc.Package = Package.QSVEnc
            proc.SkipString = " frames: "
            proc.File = "cmd.exe"
            proc.Arguments = "/S /C """ + Params.GetCommandLine(True, True) + """"
            proc.Start()
End Using

Last edited by Revan654; 4th January 2019 at 19:03.
Old 5th January 2019, 11:07   #172  |  Link
paauw

QSVenc

Hi Revan

I tested staxrip 2 with an old qsv enc and its dll's ...same error...i updated .dot 4.8 preview ...same error
here's my log file of staxrip
Old 5th January 2019, 19:07   #173  |  Link
Zetti

MKVToolNix v30.1.0 is released.
Old 6th January 2019, 02:03   #174  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Hi Revan

I tested staxrip 2 with an old qsv enc and its dll's ...same error...i updated .dot 4.8 preview ...same error
here's my log file of staxrip
I found the issue, I had to go line by line. to find it. It was one of the filters throwing in null value if it was used or not. The next update will have this fixed or re-compile it from source.
Old 6th January 2019, 13:00   #175  |  Link
paauw

qsvencc

Thanx revan...i must admit that my next step intended to check the option changes from the encode options...

How can i recompile it ...is that easy ?
Old 6th January 2019, 19:39   #176  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Thanx revan...i must admit that my next step intended to check the option changes from the encode options...

How can i recompile it ...is that easy ?
Install VS 2017.

- At the Top Select Release & x64 (if it isn't already selected)

Click on the Build tab & Select Build Staxrip. The software will do the rest of the work.

Make sure you read the changelog to add any additional filters that have been added or removed since the last release.

Remember this is Dev Build, Sometimes there can be be bugs or hiccups in the code.

----

hmm this just showed up on my PC:

It not longer says Error.

I guess QS is now working on my PC, I don't have H.265 encodinig functon since Intel didn't create that feature for my CPU/iGPU.

Last edited by Revan654; 6th January 2019 at 19:54.
Old 6th January 2019, 21:53   #177  |  Link
paauw

staxrip build

well never done this before but i managed to instal VS2017..
clone your git and started to build...but unfortunitely it gave errors...see screenshot...any ideas or should i just wait til staxrip 2.0.0.1
Attached Images

Old 7th January 2019, 11:06   #178  |  Link
Arhu

I'm having various problems in 2.0 related to the length of temporary folders / file names. It was fine in the last 2.0 beta release.

Before, temporary folder names were truncated like this: "Very Long Fil..._temp". Now in staxrip 2.0 they have this format: "Very Long Filename that really is way too long_temp". As a result, often ffmpeg can't find some wrongly demuxed files. I tried using older versions of MediaInfo / mkvtoolnix, but that didn't really help. Anything I can do on my end (besides renaming source files to make them shorter)?
Old 7th January 2019, 18:02   #179  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
I'm having various problems in 2.0 related to the length of temporary folders / file names. It was fine in the last 2.0 beta release.

Before, temporary folder names were truncated like this: "Very Long Fil..._temp". Now in staxrip 2.0 they have this format: "Very Long Filename that really is way too long_temp". As a result, often ffmpeg can't find some wrongly demuxed files. I tried using older versions of MediaInfo / mkvtoolnix, but that didn't really help. Anything I can do on my end (besides renaming source files to make them shorter)?
Many of the cli lines need to be updated, This is specially true for the decoders.

Anything that gets passed to the cli just make sure it's in quotes which will solve most of the problem. The cli doesn't like spaces and such.

I'll likely add an option in the next update for this.

Also enable LongPath, How to do that is posted a few pages back.

Last edited by Revan654; 7th January 2019 at 19:07.
Old 7th January 2019, 19:06   #180  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
well never done this before but i managed to instal VS2017..
clone your git and started to build...but unfortunitely it gave errors...see screenshot...any ideas or should i just wait til staxrip 2.0.0.1
Can't view the image.

Don't upload to the site, Upload to imgur or something like that. Files need approval for others to see. Your log still hasn't been approved.
Closed Thread

Tags
aac, hdr, hevc, nvenc, staxrip, x264, x265