Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 24th November 2013, 09:49   #1  |  Link
abrogard

Stuck for an Hour at least at 33.3%

I think Rebuilder hung up on me.

It was working all day trying to process this DVD9 I have on hard drive as written by DVD Decrypter.

It reached 33.3% at some time and never got beyond it. I only noticed this towards the end of the day - an hour before I aborted it.

It may well have been hung up there for hours.

Total processing time would be something like 10 hours I gave it today.

It was on VTS.05 and something or other xxxxxx1001 I noticed (in order to check that I wasn't seeing the coincidence of 33.3% but belonging to activities on other parts of the file).

I have an ASUS A8NSLI with an Athlon 64 3200. Graphics card is Sapphire Radeon G800, something like that, I forget. Graphics processor is fairly irrelevant for the purposes of Rebuilder anyway?

I was not using the computer for anything else.

The kids didn't get at it, I don't think.

Is this behaviour not unknown?

Is there something I can do to monitor it?

Some test procedure to check it works okay on my setup?

Some way to qualify its method of operation so that it, perhaps, works in a 'simpler' (but less thorough) way that might be more robust?

I did some searching and looking around but was not able to find a thread that exactly addressed my experience here.

Hope I'm not asking again a question that's been asked a hundred times...

p.s. The disk was the BBC's (British Broadcasting) 'South Pacific Disk 2'.

If it makes any difference I could run it from the actual disk rather than from the hard drive - I just generally do things off the hard drive for preference... hate the thought of the DVD drive running for hours....
abrogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 09:56   #2  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrogard View Post
I think Rebuilder hung up on me.

It was working all day trying to process this DVD9 I have on hard drive as written by DVD Decrypter.

It reached 33.3% at some time and never got beyond it. I only noticed this towards the end of the day - an hour before I aborted it.

It may well have been hung up there for hours.

Total processing time would be something like 10 hours I gave it today.

It was on VTS.05 and something or other xxxxxx1001 I noticed (in order to check that I wasn't seeing the coincidence of 33.3% but belonging to activities on other parts of the file).

I have an ASUS A8NSLI with an Athlon 64 3200. Graphics card is Sapphire Radeon G800, something like that, I forget. Graphics processor is fairly irrelevant for the purposes of Rebuilder anyway?

I was not using the computer for anything else.

The kids didn't get at it, I don't think.

Is this behaviour not unknown?

Is there something I can do to monitor it?

Some test procedure to check it works okay on my setup?

Some way to qualify its method of operation so that it, perhaps, works in a 'simpler' (but less thorough) way that might be more robust?

I did some searching and looking around but was not able to find a thread that exactly addressed my experience here.

Hope I'm not asking again a question that's been asked a hundred times...

p.s. The disk was the BBC's (British Broadcasting) 'South Pacific Disk 2'.

If it makes any difference I could run it from the actual disk rather than from the hard drive - I just generally do things off the hard drive for preference... hate the thought of the DVD drive running for hours....
DVD Decrypter might be cause of problem over here. It hasn't been updated for some time know and there is very good chance of disc not ripped properly and cause problem for dvd-rb and end result is hanging of program. Try ripping with slysoft anydvd or dvdfab to see if it works. I myself use anydvd and never had problem with it.

Last edited by HWK; 24th November 2013 at 10:03.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abort, freeze, hang